APA proposes new scope clause

Never wanted to be a pilot

Never wanted to be a doctor

Never wanted to screw over a fellow employee just to benifit my own greed. That Job is left up to Upper Management and Pilots

Never wanted to give money to a local for them to negotiate a wage cut. (a boy can dream may I should join a local Unionn alot of good it did you)

Well then just be happy you have a job since your expectations are so low! :up:

Fifty percent pay raise and the pilots are not being greedy? Man I would hate to know when they start being greedy.

Garfield,

I was wondering, when more than a few pilots like myself took a 50% paycut along with a major loss of vacation time, did you and your co-workers feel the company was being too greedy?

Last thing I'm looking for is a pity party from other work groups. On the other hand, the last thing I'm looking for is approval of what I want out of our negotiations.

Whine all you want about 200K/year pilots. The fact is Eagle and every US regional can't find anybody qualified for a job that pays 100K/year with some seniority. Lack of pilots around the world is driving up pay too.

As for pilots just sitting there "looking pretty". I guess we've made it look too easy.

Garfield,

I was wondering, when more than a few pilots like myself took a 50% paycut along with a major loss of vacation time, did you and your co-workers feel the company was being too greedy?

Last thing I'm looking for is a pity party from other work groups. On the other hand, the last thing I'm looking for is approval of what I want out of our negotiations.

Whine all you want about 200K/year pilots. The fact is Eagle and every US regional can't find anybody qualified for a job that pays 100K/year with some seniority. Lack of pilots around the world is driving up pay too.

As for pilots just sitting there "looking pretty". I guess we've made it look too easy.

Geez Louise people, can neither of you comprehend the English language?

I'll try and type slow so both of you and your playmates can follow. This is one of those "if / then" equations you should have learned in high school.

Now try and follow.

This is the "if" part

but until I put FA's on it, Local 12 fixes whats broken, The FA gets on and does his/her job, the rampers put the cargo/bags on, the agent books and boards the passengers, and all the OTHER people do their jobs

This the "then" part

all you get to do is keep the seat warm and look pretty.

If you need further explanation go check with a high school teacher, maybe they can explain it because I give up.

As for your cuts, no I did not feel they were being too greedy. I did not feel they were being greedy when they took a huge chunk of my meager salary either. The again, I am not looking to get all of it back and then some because I look around and see an economy near the tipping point, fuel nudging $100 a barrel and an uncertain future. I think asking for a modest (read that as not 50%) is realistic. That might leave some left over for the rest of us to have a raise as well. But given Unions reputations, I doubt they ever really worry about the other guys.

Garfield,

Grow up. The internet is a poor conduit of intent.

I did read your post correctly. Even when all the groups do their jobs correctly, there is still much to be aware of for 2-4 in front. Sometimes that even amounts to just "sitting pretty". Same thing happens in SOC on light days. I've seen the computer screens there :up:

I didn't feel they were "greedy" either. It's their job to take all they can when offered. We did it to ourselves.

I guess reading comprehension is not a cockpit requirement. Try re-reading what I posted and give it another try.

Your just full of degrading comments aren't you.

I'm very sorry but you can't get me to bite and you are not worth dusting off my keyboard.

Regards

wopr21

Garfield,

Grow up. The internet is a poor conduit of intent.

I did read your post correctly. Even when all the groups do their jobs correctly, there is still much to be aware of for 2-4 in front. Sometimes that even amounts to just "sitting pretty". Same thing happens in SOC on light days. I've seen the computer screens there :up:

I didn't feel they were "greedy" either. It's their job to take all they can when offered. We did it to ourselves.

I ain't growing up and you can't make me phtttttttttttttttttttttt!

The impression quite a few of us have of pilots and that they think as a groups they are "more special" than the rest of us trolls who do not drive a plane for a living. I am aware of the skill it takes to be a pilot and I am aware that it involves more skill than I posses as a crew scheduler. What I am angry about and what I think a lot of people are angry about is the belief that pilots should get treated better than the rest of us. My post was to simply point out that until all the other folks in this company do their job, you cannot do yours. As a result, I do not feel that you are entitled to get back what you lost if that means eating up all the pie and the rest of us go hungry. So until all of the rest of us do our job, you can only sit there and look pretty keeping the seat warm because there will be no crew, no cargo, no passengers no working air craft .. nothing. I want my cut of the pie as well. I do not want all that I lost if that means that some other work group gets nothing.

Wopr21

Duh! If you cannot handle the heat, don't hang around the fire. You are the one who told me to "get an education about what it is you do for a living".

Then why all the crying about pilot pay?

If their Union is able to negotiate a 50 percent raise then kudos for them.

Can't speak for him but as for me, I do not think it is realistic. I do not want to experience another strike (I have been through 2 already). I do not want them to get "everything" and leave nothing for everyone else. I take issue with this god complex that they seem to have. The D2 thing comes to mind.

Perhaps Ops can shed some light on his opinions.

Stereotyping Gar?

Then maybe you should consider "paying some stink'n dues"

....Oh wait, you negotiate your own pay!

I make my judgments based on the information I have at hand.

We all negotiate our pay. I do so with out the need of paying dues to a useless organization. If the pay offered to me is inadequate and I can find a better offer else where, I leave. It's a very simple case of supply and demand.

Can't speak for him but as for me, I do not think it is realistic. I do not want to experience another strike (I have been through 2 already). I do not want them to get "everything" and leave nothing for everyone else. I take issue with this god complex that they seem to have. The D2 thing comes to mind.

Garfield, what this work group, doesn't realize is this... Lets say the pilots start the negotiating at 50% and they get 25% after all the negotiating, then you have the rest of the work groups who will insist on getting something (maybe not as much as the pilots b/c they will eat up the small percentage of positive cash flow) f/a's and mechanics etc... Put that into play with high fuel, a floundering economy and highest labor costs already, with inefficient gas guzzler 80's and you have yourself a true death sentence... The employees at AMR will be VERY fORTUNATE if they receive anything in negotiations, and if they get anything substansial, AMR will file BK in my opinion.. IF mgmt., gives the pilots even half of what they are asking, you can bet they are already drawing up the plans for BK...

[/quote]
Garfield. Sharing my opinion will do nothing. We are both talking about a work group who is as bad as Upper management or worse. And we are talking to Local 12 a person who thinks he knows all and is never wrong. I have my opinion about the Pilot work group as a whole. I know some Pilots personally and respect them and what they do. But they have a Union that speaks for them and allows me to make an impression based on how they act and what they say. So if I have such a negative opinion of our Pilots. Blame the PR machine called the APA.

DTTB go back under your rock

Latest posts