APFA Constitution referendum results

Let me contemplate the choices. On the one hand I can pay out of my meager unemployment checks housing, heat, lights, food, clothing to keep my young family safe and sound or I can pay $41 dollars a month to a despicable so called labor organization that has never done anything except screw me practically to death. Tough call.

This is the reason why am so happy resolution 5 pass.
The union gets no benefit from someone with this attitude getting
a free ride. Can you imagine this person voting on anything
that might improve my employment with AA. Someone with
this attitude only desire is to cause harm to APFA. Resolution
#5 will take care of this situation. And all this nonsense about
DFR or whatever it is bring it on. I can not think of any other labor
union out there that lets its furlough members vote. I have no problem
anyone voting but pay dues like everyone else. No more free ride

Again so well said.... I'm right there with you.
Have we met before??? If not I'd like to....

Fine then the resolution should have simply said, "No vote during periods of inactive status". This resolution takes away your vote AND requires you pay. Poll tax and taxation without representation. And no, other unions do not have those same provisions.

Here's the bottom line, you working FA's were too cheap to cough up another $1.65 a month and threw all of the revenue raising onto the backs of the people that could least afford it and that absolutely stinks.

Here's the bottom line, you working FA's were too cheap to cough up another $1.65 a month and threw all of the revenue raising onto the backs of the people that could least afford it and that absolutely stinks.
That's the American Way, and I'm not talking about some stupid magazine.......

APFA will ask for another dues increase when the time is right and without inactive F/As voting , the vote will pass. There will be no more mass voting to throw things off.

APFA will ask for another dues increase when the time is right and without inactive F/As voting , the vote will pass. There will be no more mass voting to throw things off.

Not with 10,000 not voting. I don't think the APFA will ever pass a dues increase. You'd be surprised at how easy it would be to get people current... except that would validate poll tax for no representation. Yeah those 400 votes really threw a wrench in the vote. Seriously....

Not with 10,000 not voting. I don't think the APFA will ever pass a dues increase. You'd be surprised at how easy it would be to get people current... except that would validate poll tax for no representation. Yeah those 400 votes really threw a wrench in the vote. Seriously....

I hope that the people who voted yes on No.5 will never know what it's like to be at the bottom of the seniority list with no job security. I hope you will never be furloughed because I have, 3 times. Like I said before, I'm ok with never voting while on furlough. But, to require that I pay dues when recalled for
_every_ month I'm out on furlough, that's unfair. All the junior fas I work with in New York voted no on resolution 5. Some senior ones did as well, but then again, not enough of us voted against it. So, if any of you ever get furloughed and am out for a long time, good luck on trying to pay back for every month you are out on furlough.

Jeeze, you make it sound like it is thousands of dollars each month. Come on, give it a rest. It isn't that big a deal. You can go on a payment plan, it isn't like you have to pay it all back on day one. If you make that little, maybe you need to look elsewhere. The whining and poor me attitude on here is ridiculous. Grow up people and take charge of your life. If AA doesn't provide enough income for you, look elsewhere. If you remember, it would be roughly half what AA took out of each of your paychecks when you were a new hire for uniforms. You make more now and you managed then as you are still here.

Now some on here can thank APFA for something else. APFA convinced AA to absorb any overage through August. Which means that AA has agreed to no more furloughs through August. So, I am sure some on here will really hate that and come up with something to dislike about it. Remember all the absolute talk on here and in the galley about the next 1000 getting furliughed? Well, it was false like most other galley or usaviation gossip. Once again online "facts" are false. Looks like the TWA pipeline of information was wrong again. I still don't understand why people get so worked up over something that isn't announced by an official statement or something that they have zero control over. Doesn't seem worth the mental and physical health issues.

IORFA, you do not know my financial circumstance, nor do I know yours. I would never make any presumption on your financial circumstance, yet you feel you have the right to criticize me. How kind and gracious of you. Also, those who are ill, on sick leave will be forced to pay or have their credit ruined. A friend of mine shattered her foot and is out on sick leave for over a year now. She has a mortgage payment along with other bills and her husband flies for a regional carrier. The union has done nothing for her, absolutely nothing.

IORFA, you do not know my financial circumstance, nor do I know yours. I would never make any presumption on your financial circumstance, yet you feel you have the right to criticize me. How kind and gracious of you. Also, those who are ill, on sick leave will be forced to pay or have their credit ruined. A friend of mine shattered her foot and is out on sick leave for over a year now. She has a mortgage payment along with other bills and her husband flies for a regional carrier. The union has done nothing for her, absolutely nothing.

Anyone that is furlough or take a leave witll have double the time they were out to pay the union dues.
And yes even if you are furlough you are part of the contract because of your recall right. Maybe we should have another option if you think the union does nothing for you or the contract for that matter.......No recall rights either.. You see that contract does apply to you even if you are furlough........

I fail to see how this is any union's fault.

Maybe its just me.

Now some on here can thank APFA for something else. APFA convinced AA to absorb any overage through August. Which means that AA has agreed to no more furloughs through August.
Quelle surprise. The union finally got serious about preventing more furloughs now that all but 27 of the despised former TWA fa's have been put out on the street. Different levels of representation depending on whether one is hired or acquired. More fodder for DFR. Keep it coming, folks. Decertification is around the corner.

Latest posts

Back