ATA 757 at PHX hgr

700AW

Senior
Feb 25, 2006
Just driving by the aeropuerte today and saw an ATA 757 on the outside pad on the east side of the PHX hangar....
Anyone want to start some really good rumors....

I just heard that we bought ATA and our going to start flying their 57' to Hawaii ASAP. Painting will wait until loads slow down!!!!!!!

WN owns part of ATA now.

I doubt they would sell it to one of the main competitors.

WN owns part of ATA now.

I doubt they would sell it to one of the main competitors.
again you are mis-informed. WN loaned ATA some cash, as collateral they have some none voting stock. they do not own it, unless ATA goes under, then they still own zero.
Doncha think if they owned it, there would be grievances from their crews to get the Hawaii flights?????

I thought Usairways bought 3 B-757's fom American Trans Air.

close Insp, we bought the A/C from a leasing company that got them from ATA, they were being used by a company in France( i think it was france) that went out of business, then we bought from them

again you are mis-informed. WN loaned ATA some cash, as collateral they have some none voting stock. they do not own it, unless ATA goes under, then they still own zero.
Doncha think if they owned it, there would be grievances from their crews to get the Hawaii flights?????
And WN has a code share with ATA.

Maybe I'm wrong?...But I was under the impression that WN's Investment in ATA only netted them additional gates at MDW and a Code Share with what remains of ATA's Domestic services...and possibly some of their B737 NG's that are no longer needed after their Domestic operations were slashed drastically.

From what I've heard..what transpires with ATA's remaining B757's is between ATA ,The Leasing Companies...and whom ever can pony up the cash for what they can't afford or actually use anymore.

Glad to see you back AW

Fixer, in the intial deal WN got a well needed hangar at MDW, the rights to the gates from a purchase stand point and they loaned the rest of the cash. Most people assume they would take over the -800's from them, but as HP found out the leasing companies were after top dollar, besides WN would have to add a third FA and add the wrinkle of not every flight and crew being interchangeable..

Glad to see you back AW

Fixer, in the intial deal WN got a well needed hangar at MDW, the rights to the gates from a purchase stand point and they loaned the rest of the cash. Most people assume they would take over the -800's from them, but as HP found out the leasing companies were after top dollar, besides WN would have to add a third FA and add the wrinkle of not every flight and crew being interchangeable..
By the way........you can book a flight from PHX to Hawaii through Southwest's website.

Ah correct me if I am wrong. The 3 former ATA 757's are leased not owned.

close Insp, we bought the A/C from a leasing company that got them from ATA, they were being used by a company in France( i think it was france) that went out of business, then we bought from them

The ATA WN relationship can be described as "close". They have exited markets which do not synergize, Southwest has provided post bankruptcy cash (which is presumably debtor in possession financing, and thus debt owed to WN), ATA flies WN codeshares to markets prone to delay (LGA, for example), which WN could not, without risk of damaging its tight system schedules, and the new ATA CEO is from the finance department of Southwest. Other than that, ATA is independent. :D

I just booked a PHX-DCA round trip on WN/TZ, didn't want to try to non rev, and HP/US had fares that were much higher (even with my 20% discount).

Hell, DCA was cheaper on WN/TZ than BWI on any carrier.

Not liking that I'm giving money to them though, but I have no choice. <_<

My friend was driving home last night and he said he saw an ATA Aircraft parked in the hangar in phoenix.

Rumour is we're getting more.

Latest posts