Birmingham, Al

Just a rumor :D The resident is a mainline employee that commutes in and out a lot. Thats all I know and I don't care to post their name. Why don't you give the ATO a call and see if they have seen it?

gso-crew said:
Just a rumor :D The resident is a mainline employee that commutes in and out a lot. Thats all I know and I don't care to post their name. Why don't you give the ATO a call and see if they have seen it?
Oh, "just a rumor" you say so casually. That's what I suspected. Again,I think it is pretty unethical to post that way, just my opinion.

AP Tech said:
I am curious but won't the state of Alabama lose air service when U goes under??? :shock:
Hardly. Actually, U is very small potatoes when it comes to air service in Alabama. What would they lose if U went under? Gee, non-stop service to Charlotte. How can they go on?

AA, CO, DL, NW, SW, and UAL will still be around and serving AL.

cavalier said:
Not only is delldude correct, but they are way beyond worrying about something that is truly trivial and are in the total panic mode wondering which button to push because the ship is breaking apart at the seams.

My prediction is: I already said this airline will disappear, well I'll amend my vision little; This airline if it exists at all, it will be a former shell of itself with old worn out employees working who can't afford to retire because their pension are gone, OR this airline will be dissolved into many different airlines with the vultures picking out the good chucks of meat and leaving the rest of the carcass to rot.
Cavalier, man, you need to come down off that pink cloud. The Little-Mary-Sunshine-as-Pollyanna act is getting tiresome. :lol:

gso-crew said:
An Alabama resident tells me that there's a sign on a construction site in front of a new 30 + story high rise that says "future site of US Airways call center."
Could you narrow it down to a city? The state is almost 350 miles long from North to South and over 200 miles wide at its widest point. A 30 story building may not be as noticeable as you think.

jimntx said:
Could you narrow it down to a city? The state is almost 350 miles long from North to South and over 200 miles wide at its widest point. A 30 story building may not be as noticeable as you think.
No, as per his previous post, he just kinda of left the rumor hanging out there, just to inflame the masses.

jimntx said:
Cavalier, man, you need to come down off that pink cloud. The Little-Mary-Sunshine-as-Pollyanna act is getting tiresome. :lol:
Cavalier, man, you need to come down off that pink cloud.
nice pink cloud,high in the sky.......
you whats nice about being high??
ITS THE VIEW ;)

jimntx said:
Checkout the title of this thread ...... ;)

gso-crew said:
Checkout the title of this thread ...... ;)
Well, then that puts the lie to your rumor. I am from Birmingham. Almost my entire family still lives there. I just called my sister. There are no 30+ story buildings under construction in or near Birmingham, or if there is, she certainly hasn't heard or seen any thing about it. And, trust me, a building over 15 stories tall would be major news.

jimntx said:
Well, then that puts the lie to your rumor. I am from Birmingham. Almost my entire family still lives there. I just called my sister. There are no 30+ story buildings under construction in or near Birmingham, or if there is, she certainly hasn't heard or seen any thing about it. And, trust me, a building over 15 stories tall would be major news.

So I guess I shouldn't be looking around for this year's Alabama Gay Pride?

:shock: :lol:

Some possible office buildings in ALA, but nothing that I've seen about a sign for US.

201 Monroe Street
RSA Tower
Montgomery, AL 36104

The RSA, the state's pension fund with a controlling stake in U.S. Airways Group, also is building the 35-story office tower that will connect to the Battle House Hotel, another RSA hospitality property. (This one is the one in Mobile though and wasnt expecting to be complete until 2006 at the earliest.)

:ph34r:

jimntx said:
Checked with my Alabama friend and you are right ... it's in Mobile ........

July 14, 2004
RSA buys another Mobile hotel

One of Mobile's highest skyscrapers has been bought by the builder of the city's tallest: Retirement Systems of Alabama on Thursday will purchase the 28-story Riverview Plaza Hotel and launch a $15.7 million renovation.

Price of the purchase was not disclosed. The RSA, the state's pension fund with a controlling stake in U.S. Airways Group, also is building the 35-story office tower that will connect to the Battle House Hotel, another RSA hospitality property.

"The investments RSA has made in Mobile show the confidence we have in the growth and vitality of Alabama's Port City," Bronner says in a written statement.

Montgomery-based RSA's purchase of the 377-room Riverview comes less than two months after it was bought from Adam's Mark Hotel by a Mobile affiliate of Presidio Hotel Group in Fairfield, Calif. The sale price for that transaction was $9 million, according to published reports.

RSA also holds a controlling interest in the nearby Grand Hotel at Point Clear on Mobile Bay in Baldwin County.