What should the ICAO call sign be?

• "Cactus"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "US Air"

• A new call sign.

• Total voters
The new USAirways is going to be a Western operation and not an East Coast operation. Therefore, Cactus is reflective of the new USAirways.

AA191 said:
The new USAirways is going to be a Western operation and not an East Coast operation. Therefore, Cactus is reflective of the new USAirways.
[post="288472"][/post]​

Since when is PHL, BOS, PIT, DCA. LGA CLT a west coast operation?????? My education on this transforamtion is a larger nation wide network.

If it was going to be a west coast operation, then you didn't need US Airways.

I think you need to stop looking at the map upside down.

It's a symbol of a highly adapted life form that thrives in hostile and difficult environments.

Sounds like a description of the employees.

According to America West MEC chairman JD Baker, the America West ALPA MEC expects US Airways' operating certificate to survive. In addition, the FAA has let the Flight Training Department's know they expect US Airways' Pilot AQP program to remain intact, which means the America West pilots would have to transition to US Airways' pilot recurrent training program, which is a huge undertaking.

Two week's ago US Airways' Director of Flight Training Paul Morell and A320 Fleet Captain Bob Skinner flew to Phoenix to met with their counterparts and Doug Parker. I understand the meeting went very well, but there are differences of opinion on how flight training should be combined and then implemented.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
According to America West MEC chairman JD Baker, the America West ALPA MEC expects US Airways' operating certificate to survive. In addition, the FAA has let the Flight Training Department's know they expect US Airways' Pilot AQP program to remain intact, which means the America West pilots would have to transition to US Airways' pilot recurrent training program, which is a huge undertaking.

Two week's ago US Airways' Director of Flight Training Paul Morell and A320 Fleet Captain Bob Skinner flew to Phoenix to met with their counterparts and Doug Parker. I understand the meeting went very well, but there are differences of opinion on how flight training should be combined and then implemented.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="288555"][/post]​

I just finished my yearly training and heard the same thing. AWA still uses FAR121 training and U made the huge investment in AQP. For those who haven't trained under AQP, it is a huge step forward in how crews are trained and I would say that ours is the best in the industry.
B)

757fixer said:
It's a symbol of a highly adapted life form that thrives in hostile and difficult environments.
Sounds like a description of the employees.
[post="288515"][/post]​

757 has successfully convinced me. I'll go with Cactus. Someone change my vote.

Of course, we could stroke the FFOCUS egos and use COCKROACH. Both callsigns seem to fit the same definition.

PITbull said:
Cactus does NOT reflect an East Coast operation. Its not reflective of the new USAirways.
[post="288465"][/post]​

who cares, CACTUS is only second to SPEEDBIRD as the best callsign around.