Cactus call sign

I also think it should stay USAIR. This is not a regional airline..we fly all over the world. Cactus is just so PHX...This is about the New Usairways... it should stay as such and keep the world wide known call sign. I think we all should vote. If we are able to vote for other things why not the call sign?

Uh, the combined carrier is called "US Airways". So why shouldn't there be a few things that recognize the America West legacy? Why is that so unfair?

So much for the "flag" idea. Why do we have to pick something that preferences one identity over another?

It just gives more ammo to the nuts who want nothing short of a culture war.

how about AMWAY
:D LMAO!!!!!

Uh, the combined carrier is called "US Airways". So why shouldn't there be a few things that recognize the America West legacy? Why is that so unfair?

"fair" or "unfair" have nothing to do with it. They chose the name to reflect a global company, why change that philosophy? I guess it's because no one outside of a crew or FAA would ever know of it. Its kind of a gimme for US west.

Ill bet they stay away from FLAG. Someone would truncate it and that would be percieved as a negative term for a particular lifestyle. How's THAT for being PC? :p
How's this for a callsign:
PAYCUT
Here is an example:
ATC- PAYCUT 476, decend and maintain FL 10000.

Pilot- Decend and maintain FL 10000, PAYCUT 476.

What do you guys think? Sums it up for me anyways!!

Ill bet they stay away from FLAG. Someone would truncate it and that would be percieved as a negative term for a particular lifestyle. How's THAT for being PC? :p

Pinnacle's call sign is "Flagship" anything that sounds close to a commuter call sign will really throw ATC off. IMO

RF