What should the ICAO call sign be?

• "Cactus"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "US Air"

• A new call sign.

• Total voters
Why couldn't the new call sign be "Dollar Store" ?
It has been suggested before but I still like "Kettle Car" or "Doublewide"

If are going to suggest a new call sign, keep in mind the new ICAO guidelines:

One or two syllables only.
The word "Air" cannot be part of the call sign.

Any reference to the above remark
Please post a link or regulation # for creating a callsign. Would really like to find where the word "air" cannot be used
Thanks
I wish I could find it.....it's been a while since the thread was started. ICAO does want to streamline any new call callsigns.

In case there's any question, it's now official: the current callsigns will remain in place (for the time being) even after Single Certificate in September. Parker wants to appease the Easties. Source: AWA MEC Chairman conference call.

The whole airline or just the West Coast hop and stop division? :lol: Really, get a grip on the big picture for once.

Easties whine and get their way, how unusual

Tell me again how tough your life is, I didn't listen the first 387 times

I predict that the cactus call sign will die.
I as a customer could care less what the callsign is, just want to get to my destination safely. The callsign can be "Blowjob" for all it matters. The Copper Wire was already invented, 2 guys fighting over a penny. There are more better things that have a factor on your daily lives that should be worried. What does it matter what the callsign is, does it put extra cash in your pocket, does it make you sleep any better? Stuff that should be debated is how to improve your wages and benefits, getting rid of lousy management, and things that make a difference. Whatever the callsign is, it won't make you any richer or poore. I am praying for my Friends at US Airways, East and West. You do an amazing job with the tools that you are givin. :up:

I predict that the cactus call sign will die.

As will USAirways with these Morons running the show! Who cares what the call sign will be.....honestly it would be better to call it "Cactus" because we are AmericaWest with the USAirways name......what we need to CHANGE is the MANAGEMENT! :up:

The callsign can be "Blowjob" for all it matters.

...or, more appropriately, "Butt***k." :shock:

I think even the air traffic controllers in Europe would understand what that is, and it would certainly be descriptive of the management-labor relationship and management-customer relationship.

And, luckily, it meets the two-syllable requirement and contains no "air." (If done properly. (Or so I'm told.))