CACTUS call sign

Well, for starters you've got your facts a little off - not all the fleet types you mentioned were grounded.

Then there's the little thing about why certain fleet types were grounded - like where the non-line maintenance on those types was performed. Seems like the company figured the CLT/GSO mechanics wouldn't be as supportive of the strike as the PIT mechanics (and they were right).

Well, we all know the CLT/GSO mechanics, as a group, are scabs, don't we? I mean, don't they represent the society that allowed carpetbaggers to scam them all from the civil war on? Stupidity is a cultural thing, aint it?

"We all know" lots of things that aren't really true.....ask SpinDoc about the oil company conspiracy. So the F/A MEC decided to honor the IAM picket line and the ALPA MEC didn't - doesn't prove that there was any "secret deal". Or was there a "secret deal" on 9-11? We got paid for the trips that didn't fly then....

Exactly, what does 9-11 have to do with scabs? Yes, the pilots got paid for trips missed, is that a problem as most of the pilots in LAX did not fly their trips?

Really, 700UW, this industry is filled with examples of one union on a property not supporting another - look at NW for one of the latest examples (and what's this I hear about the IAM trying to recruit the scab mechanics there?). Where were the mechanics when the TWA F/A's struck back in the 80's? Working on planes - that's where. Were they "scabs" with a "secret deal" because they didn't have as many planes flying to need working on?

That is no justification for anything. You either have principles or you do not. In my experience with USAirways, very few have principles, the rest are basically scabs.

In my long memory, there's only been one instance of the various unions on a property pulling together - Eastern under Lorenzo. So either every union is a "scab" union or none of them are, but you don't get to pick and choose based on what's most convenient for your argument.

Wrong, sir. There are many examples of unions pulling together. Just because you are not paying attention does not make your blatherings true.

Well, we all know the CLT/GSO mechanics, as a group, are scabs, don't we? I mean, don't they represent the society that allowed carpetbaggers to scam them all from the civil war on? Stupidity is a cultural thing, aint it?
Exactly, what does 9-11 have to do with scabs? Yes, the pilots got paid for trips missed, is that a problem as most of the pilots in LAX did not fly their trips?
That is no justification for anything. You either have principles or you do not. In my experience with USAirways, very few have principles, the rest are basically scabs.
Wrong, sir. There are many examples of unions pulling together. Just because you are not paying attention does not make your blatherings true.
CACTUS?

Since NWA imposed a new CBA on the mechanics, it is now ESE work.

Let me see if I have this straight. A union goes on strike. The company says the "new imposed contract" allows you to perform the work of the strikers. You then perform the work, and say you're not a scab because the work is now "your" work. I can't believe I'm reading this from you. What a crock! I've never seen such a hypocritical statement to justify being a scab, from a die hard unionist no less. Who would have known?

The language was always in the ESE contract, the IAM/ESE CBA was not changed.

The language was always in the ESE contract, the IAM/ESE CBA was not changed.

Those NWA union workers who went on strike must have been idiots. I can't believe they went on strike about another person's job. Then the IAM walked thru their picket line to fill their pockets. They should have waited for the judge to order them like the AFA in 92.

Thanks for setting the record straight LAVMAN

Just like ALPA did at NWA, crossed the picket line, did you teach the NWA ALPA Leadership how to do it?

The IAM will not support amfa as there is too much bad blood between them.

Why did ALPA cross?

Just like ALPA did at NWA, crossed the picket line, did you teach the NWA ALPA Leadership how to do it?

The IAM will not support amfa as there is too much bad blood between them.

Why did ALPA cross?

Because flying the airplanes was not struck work.

The IAM did cross the picket line to perform struck work and guys like you support it. Some kind of Laborist you are.

The IAM ESEs at NWA all ready had the ancillary duties language in their scope, is that beyond you ability to understand?

And surprised you did not go volunter at NWA and help clean planes like you did in 92.

And ALPA leadership at NWA voted not to honor the picket line at NWA, you call the IAM scabs, yet your ALPA members are just as bad.

Should we just dump the last page of NOT ON TOPIC posts or just close this down altogether? Some of you really need to learn to read better. :ph34r:

One more off topic post and there's going to be carnage everywhere.

Back