CLT-FCO Non-stop?

I would assume the actual cost of old 767's might be next to nothing....one-plane or two, everything but the cost of the airframe is nearly equal.

If they are owned, they have been paid-off and fully amortized at this point, if they are leased, the leasor might be willing to let US fly them for cost of maintenance.

If they question is, could 2 airframes serve 2 slightly closer destinations that allow for a better return, then I would assume that analysis has been done, or that US is willing to make a marginally smaller return to be in high-profile markets.

But since you asked it from a pure "money making" point of view, I'll contend that very little of the CASM is tied to the actual second airframe.

You are saying it will take two airplanes to service these routes on a daily basis?

Scratch my complete answer - I didn't notice the am/pm on the times at GIG. It does take 2 airplanes because of the long turn time in GIG - the flight arrives at 11.13am and doesn't depart till 10:55 pm, so the plane leaving CLT Wednesday nite doesn't get back to CLT until Frtday morning. A 2nd airplane is needed for the Thursday CLT departure. NOTE - I didn't check every day, just Sat departure from CLT/Sun departure from GIG and Thur departure from CLT/Fri departure from GIG.

I did notice that the originally announced service has changed. It was originally announced as same plane service from PHL and same flight number but change of plane to PHL as I recall. Now it's a plane change in CLT both ways.

Jim

:rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: AMEN TO THAt. CLT CUstoms is a full off nasty red-necked, YAnkee hating people. I can only imagine how they will MIStreat the I Talian's...welcome to the south ya'll...dont ya'all speak English? Give me PHILLY anyday of the week.
What a crock of crap! The last two people I've dealt with in the crew lane at CLT were from the great Northeastern United States of America. One is a Hispanic male and the other is African American female. Jeez!

Consider it your lucky day then. Overall they are rude. I think being a d&$# is a prerequisite for that sort of job. If CLT is going to experience some international growth they better improve their customs/immigration. That proposed international terminal is nothing more than a drawing.

Does anyone remember the golden rule?

Perhaps some of the ICE people respond to the way they are treated?

All my entries back into the US, including places where I have heard horror stories, have been absolutely fine.

Regardless of where one has been, it is always great to come home!!

Regardless of where one has been, it is always great to come home!!

Amen to that, Brother!!! LAX is probably one of the worst U.S. entry points (especially when multiple 747's arrive simultaneously), but "welcome home" always sounds so much more musical when it comes from a U.S. Customs/Immigration agent!!!

Then again.......if you've ever been to Belarus........you will never again complain about any U.S. entry point!!! :lol:

Consider it your lucky day then. Overall they are rude. I think being a d&$# is a prerequisite for that sort of job. If CLT is going to experience some international growth they better improve their customs/immigration. That proposed international terminal is nothing more than a drawing.
I've been treated rudely by US Customs in Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto, St Croix, Shannon, and yes, Charlotte. It's not a north/south thing.

As for the terminal, PHL scraped by for years with A East. We'll get by in CLT. One bonus that will make some things easier is that a new security check point will open for arriving international travelers to help make connections less stressful. The bids went out last month for construction and it should be completed by June. Also, all Star carriers will move to US ticket counter space so that B security check point can be expanded as well.

They better get the show on the road if US plans to add additional international flights. The "D" terminal is cramped big time and is situated right by the runway and gets pretty congested. I have done a few island turns out of CLT and have found the C&I facility packed and cramped.

I would rather have a Root Canal with no Anastasia than have to deal with Passport Control in CLT weekly. I did one CLT-CDG trip and that was enough for 2009. Why do they insists on stamping your passport?

Add me to the DITTO list. The few times I have gone thru CLT customs and immigration they've been a PITA every single time. I wrote it off to small town nothin' better to do -ism.

Here's to them growing up and getting big boy pants.

Now her flight is delayed due to a mechanical and/or returns to the gate..... WOW!!!! All of a sudden she is now illegal because she has been on duty too long!!!! Following me?

They call me out!!! WHY??????? I HAVE BEEN ON DUTY 17 HOURS BEFORE SHE EVER CHECKED IN!!!!!!!!!
Why am I still legal when I have been on duty since midnight (17 hours earlier) and she only came on at 5????

Could someone please explain this logic??? And don't try the "but you aren't actually working".... If that were true, why can't I pick up a trip on day 7 when I NEVER worked the 6 prior that I was on duty!!!
[/quote]
interesting enough the union kept saying at the meetings that it was the FAA that changed it. at the third meeting i went to John mcorkle finally admitted that the union and company changed it for the reserves. I would say more the union to protect b/h because they were complaing that we we taking their "trips" no comments that we were working our days off though. we need a union who is willing to listen to all of us not just "their friends"

Now her flight is delayed due to a mechanical and/or returns to the gate..... WOW!!!! All of a sudden she is now illegal because she has been on duty too long!!!! Following me?

They call me out!!! WHY??????? I HAVE BEEN ON DUTY 17 HOURS BEFORE SHE EVER CHECKED IN!!!!!!!!!
Why am I still legal when I have been on duty since midnight (17 hours earlier) and she only came on at 5????

Could someone please explain this logic??? And don't try the "but you aren't actually working".... If that were true, why can't I pick up a trip on day 7 when I NEVER worked the 6 prior that I was on duty!!!

interesting enough the union kept saying at the meetings that it was the FAA that changed it. at the third meeting i went to John mcorkle finally admitted that the union and company changed it for the reserves. I would say more the union to protect b/h because they were complaing that we we taking their "trips" no comments that we were working our days off though. we need a union who is willing to listen to all of us not just "their friends"
Then we need the union and the company to change it back! I'm not doubting you, but what happened to the story that a reserve in CLT wanted to stay home so she called the FAA and said we were on-duty too many hours? If it has nothing to do with the FAA, reserves should be calling the union starting now. I know, waste of time...I think they have two differnet rings on the union office phones; VERY LOUD RING=BLOCKHOLDER, very soft ring=reserve. There is no valid explanation to the above logic.