Company pays your union dues again

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
In fleet service checks, the IAM is taking close to $50 out, but the company is putting $50 back in. Kinda like the company is paying your dues for you. It's time to dump your abrogated bankruptcy contract.

regards,

In fleet service checks, the IAM is taking close to $50 out, but the company is putting $50 back in. Kinda like the company is paying your dues for you. It's time to dump your abrogated bankruptcy contract.

regards,
only reason them dueswent up to close to 50 was to pay for the loss of the membership due to the IAM outsourcing their brothers and sisters in numerous cities thru out the system

regards,

I only pay $30.50 a month = $15.25 per pay period = $7.625 per week with the IAM. I consider this a bargin for an industry leading pension plan + a 401K plan and a grievance procedure that the TWU can't touch. In the IAM procedure, the company has 14 days to issue discipline, with the TWU there is "NO" time limit to issue doscipline...SCREW THAT!! I'm beggining to understand why people are doubting and calling Tim Nelson a "Liar"!

I only pay $30.50 a month = $15.25 per pay period = $7.625 per week with the IAM. I consider this a bargin for an industry leading pension plan + a 401K plan and a grievance procedure that the TWU can't touch. In the IAM procedure, the company has 14 days to issue discipline, with the TWU there is "NO" time limit to issue doscipline...SCREW THAT!! I'm beggining to understand why people are doubting and calling Tim Nelson a "Liar"!

Where in the TWu agreement does it say there is no time line??? In LAS if nothing is done in 7 days the company doesnt touch us. So have fun with your 14.

and a grievance procedure that the TWU can't touch.

Maybe someone can shed some light on the F/S agent
in PHL his name Pat Joyrce and how the iam handled his greivence .the misunderstanding happened 2 or three years ago and still no decision on it.Thats service at its best!

Where in the TWu agreement does it say there is no time line??? In LAS if nothing is done in 7 days the company doesnt touch us. So have fun with your 14.
Where in the TWU agreement does it say there IS a time limit???
You may have a local agreement in LAS, which shouldn't happen if a CBA is in place, which you have, but according to YOUR CBA, Section 18, "Grievance Procedure", from YOUR Local 580 web site, http://local580.twuatd.org/contract/contract.pdf
You have "NO" time limit for discipline...go ahead, trust the "New" US Airways and Al Heminway (your new VP, Labor relations)!!! The IAM have it in writing!!! I'll accept policy in writing over any oral local agreement ANY day!!! I would also encourage all to compare your grievance procedure (follow link above) to the IAM procedure, (which hasn't changed since 1999)...once again, there is no comparison, no wonder AWA has a high "turn-over" rate! Continue to trust Tim Nelson and his propaganda and we'll all be "at-will-employees"! But, to follow the topic...I still only pay $30.50 a month Union Dues, not tim nelson's alleged $50.00!

Where in the TWU agreement does it say there IS a time limit???
You may have a local agreement in LAS, which shouldn't happen if a CBA is in place, which you have, but according to YOUR CBA, Section 18, "Grievance Procedure", from YOUR Local 580 web site, http://local580.twuatd.org/contract/contract.pdf
You have "NO" time limit for discipline...go ahead, trust the "New" US Airways and Al Heminway (your new VP, Labor relations)!!! The IAM have it in writing!!! I'll accept policy in writing over any oral local agreement ANY day!!! I would also encourage all to compare your grievance procedure (follow link above) to the IAM procedure, (which hasn't changed since 1999)...once again, there is no comparison, no wonder AWA has a high "turn-over" rate! Continue to trust Tim Nelson and his propaganda and we'll all be "at-will-employees"! But, to follow the topic...I still only pay $30.50 a month Union Dues, not tim nelson's alleged $50.00!
There are better time limits with TWU! :p Do you actually have a copy of a IAM contract? :rolleyes: :lol: WITH all THE ----ed up amendments :shock: that you can get back with the TWU? :up: :up: :up:

Vote TWU/IBT

All that needs said, ........Once Again :D

B)
Well you're not very good at math are you!

$30.50 per pay period x 26 pay periods per year = $396.50 divided by 12 month = $33.04 per month.

Probably some of the same math they used at the Marriott!! :down: 22 thugs against 5 TWU members.

There are in fact 26 pay periods...but, during the year there are two (2) months we receive three (3) pay checks, on the third (3rd) check of the month there are NO dues taken out!!!

Soooo; $15.25 per pay period (not $30.50 per pay period which you stated [see above]) x 24 pay periods in which dues are taken out = $366.00, divided by 12 month = $30.50! Wow, look at that, exactly what I said before...I pay $30.50 a month IAM dues, NOT Nelson's alleged $50.00!

Glad your not figuring out my dues! (See your math problem above); $30.50 x 26 actually = $793.00 (Not $396.50) divided by 12 = $66.083333 per month (Not $33.04). Piney, where did you go to school?

Sorry Piney, I am very good in Math...but you should know the facts before posting a rebuttal! Now go have another drink.

from what Ive been told dues vary between stations and how much you make. What Ive heard is that if you make 12 or less an hour you will pay the 39, If you make more than 12 and hour its 49. I guess we will need more input from people from more than one station. TWU dues are 25 for initiation and one hour of pay per pay period. So if you making 10 and hour its 10 a paycheck.

from what Ive been told dues vary between stations and how much you make. What Ive heard is that if you make 12 or less an hour you will pay the 39, If you make more than 12 and hour its 49. I guess we will need more input from people from more than one station. TWU dues are 25 for initiation and one hour of pay per pay period. So if you making 10 and hour its 10 a paycheck.
NEVADAHP you are correct about the iam dues thatis how it is done. a few weeks back I talked to some of my fellow coworkers who work in phl and say they are paying 46.10 a check for dues down there and they are full time

Actually I was somewhat shocked to find out that my postings that the IAM pension plan was a $47 million concession was actually lower than the actual concession.
The dreadful IAM pension plan was a $48.2 million dollar concession from the 401k that the company contributed to.

I'm not sure why you mention the 401k unless you are talking about the passenger service group. The IAM agreed with the company to suspend all contribution in fleet's 401k and make only small % contributions to the IAM pension fund. It's truly the worst retirement situation on the property & one of the worst retirement contribution plans in the industry or America in general.

Most work groups have upgraded to definded contribution plans, while the IAM has stuck its fleet workers members with a defined benefit plan that has a tiny contribution going into it. The IAM pension plan is the equivalent of driving a model T ford today. It just doesn't make 'good sense' to keep an outdated plan that isn't even considered a good defined benefit plan.

Workers I have spoke with see the IAM pension plan as a very strong reason to vote against the IAM.
Workers want retirement options that give portability, access to funds for mortgage & college or health related things, cash outs, etc.
The alternative is to have a plan [IAM plan] that lacks portability, heavy restrictions, and a real risk of suspended payouts.

When the election is ordered, true scenerios will be shown to unpack the IAM BS on this matter.

regards,

I'm not sure why you mention the 401k unless you are talking about the passenger service group.

NO, I’m NOT talking about the Passenger Service Group. Unlike you, I inform based on facts not self serving lies.

The following was taken from the term sheets furnished by the IAM to all employees during the 2002 restructuring talks. This language was voted on and accepted by the US Airways Fleet Service Group and has NOT changed since!!! Notice, a pension plan + a 401 (k) account.

Nelson, we can all plainly see you’ve lied and continue to lie…keep posting your comments (lies) we’re lovin’ it!!!

Effective January 1, 2003, US Airways shall contribute to the I.A.M. National Pension Fund, National Pension Plan in accordance with the following terms:

Participation – All full-time and part-time Fleet Service personnel who are represented by the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers shall be eligible to participate in the Plan effective January 1, 2003 or beginning on the first day of employment if later. Notwithstanding the above, contributions on behalf of probationary employees will be made retroactively after the ninety (90) day probationary period has been completed.

_______________________AND____________________________

The 401(k) account is established to allow employees to defer pay on a pre-tax basis. The employee contribution is voluntary and is limited based upon Internal Revenue Service regulations.

In order to be eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan, the employee must be 18 years of age or older with at least 90 days of continuous service. This includes part-time and full-time employees.

The following enhancements to the 401 (k) were agreed to as part of the August 2002 Restructuring Agreement:

• Permit after-tax contributions to 401(k) plan. US Airways will implement six (6) months from date of signing.

• Establish brokerage account in 401(k) plan pending approval from the Pension Investment Committee whose approval shall not be unreasonably withheld. All administrative costs associated with the brokerage account will be borne by the employee.

• Permit catch-up contributions to 401(k) Plan pursuant to IRC Section 414(v). US Airways will implement during the second half of 2003.

• Increase pre-tax elective deferrals in 401(k) Plan to 22% for non-highly compensated employees. Implementation will be effective January 1, 2003.

• Add periodic distributions to 401(k) Plan. US Airways will make this change effective January 1, 2003.

Latest posts