West fleet service now paying IAM dues

Please provide us detailed information and facts about stations that are going to be outsourced?

But you won't be able too as the TWU/HP CBA governs the former HP Fleet Service employees until a transition agreement is negotiated.

Please provide us detailed information and facts about stations that are going to be outsourced?

But you won't be able too as the TWU/HP CBA governs the former HP Fleet Service employees until a transition agreement is negotiated.
I think you just answered your own question as to when...

No one knows what scope language will be in the transition agreement.

Did you call Ms Cleo and ask her?

That sounds about right. Pay dues while you are shown the door, and for a few weeks afterwards too. :down:
Tell those poor folks in the outstations that dues will be coming out of their severance pay after their jobs are gone as well. Quick to collect your dues, but SLOW to show any progress in a solid transition agreement.
So the West Fleet people are goverened by the TWU rules, but pay dues to the IAM....Nice, real Nice.. :eek:
By the way, what ever happened to all of the talk from the IAM about the outsourced Fleet people being able to return to work in other stations without going back to starting wage??? Seems to be dead in the water based on what they have had to say lately...NOTHING. All that I have read refers to those who lost jobs in stations where the West still has fleet people. ;)

Question: How can a US West employee be paying dues when article 27 of the US East Contract does not apply to the the US WEST employees?

Answer: The old US West Contract in place now has check off language for the TWU so this must be the provided language the IAM is using to obtain the money to stuff your money in the wallets of union leaders who make 90 to 200 thousand dollars a year while you guys all starve on a sub standard contract.

Welcome to the world of the IAM or as we think of it as the MIA

Severence pay is a union negotiated item, if it was not in the contract, you would be lucky to get two weeks from the company.

I would say any union on the property get dues from severence pay.

The IAM is administering the TWU CBA, they are the certified bargaining unit for ALL Fleet Service, would you pay the TWU who has nothing to do with US anymore for Fleet?

And dues are paid to the IAM as the NMB certified them as the bargaining agent, so it changes their R# in their contract, therefore dues are paid to the IAM and not the TWU.

Hey Wings,

Do you not realize the company has to agree to it?

The IAM can't wave a magic wand and make it happen.

Ah once again, the anti-union in you comes out.

The IAM is the LEGAL and CERTIFIED representative of the Fleet Service, per the NMB and the TWU, the IAM is enforcing the former TWU/HP CBA, shall the TWU continue to collect the dues money and they are no longer representing the former HP Fleet employees?

The IAM adminsters the contract, which contains a union security clause, negotiations, grievance and contract enforcement costs money.

Is it too hard to grasp the HP Fleet are now IAM and their dues goes to the IAM instead of the TWU?

Just like at NW where the former PFAA Represented F/As now pay their dues to the AFA.

Amazing how you people try to portray something legal and on the up and up as the IAM being bad.

And you show your poor taste once again in reference to the 22 inviduals who took matters into their own hands, when are you gonna stick to the issue and not try to portray everyone as a thug?

By the way no "starting union guy" makes $250,000 a year and O'Driscoll is now retired, once again Bob, don't post about things that you are totally wrong about and don't let the facts get in your way.

Hey did you hear Frosty's now come vanilla flavored?

Severence pay is a union negotiated item, if it was not in the contract, you would be lucky to get two weeks from the company.

I would say any union on the property get dues from severence pay.

The IAM is administering the TWU CBA, they are the certified bargaining unit for ALL Fleet Service, would you pay the TWU who has nothing to do with US anymore for Fleet?

And dues are paid to the IAM as the NMB certified them as the bargaining agent, so it changes their R# in their contract, therefore dues are paid to the IAM and not the TWU.

Hey Wings,

Do you not realize the company has to agree to it?

The IAM can't wave a magic wand and make it happen.
The IAM can't make crap happen, EVER. They are now dealing with a new management team along with a company that actually showed a profit, and still let the company jerk them around. Your line of crap about severence pay is a joke too. I knew of many employess that were furloughed before the IAM contract, and they got severence pay. I also believe that there have been other Non-Union employees that have gotten severence packages as well.
By the way, why was the CWA able to get an agreement out of the company MONTHS AGO?????
Same company, diffferent Union that actually makes an effort for their dues paying members. :shock:
You sound just like the bunch of IAM goons from PHL with your IAM excuses...Keep going, a big promotion has to be in your future shortly for your relentless defense if the IAM. RAH..RAH... GO IAM...You must look great in that IAM cheerleading outfit there 700...Do you wear it to work, or just around the house??? ;)

Because the CWA caved, the former HP Agents are MAKING LESS Then their EAST counterparts for a few years. The CWA/IBT caved and gave the company what they wanted in order to get the company to pull their objection from the NMB against the CWA/IBT Alliance.

Why hasnt the company negotiated in good faith with the pilots and flight attendants if it is so easy to obtain a new agreement?

Tell you why, COST NEUTRAL.

Times are differant, do you think when the company was in bankrupcty that they would pay you severence unless they had too?

Not excuses, facts, your bitterness wont help you in life, you really need to educate yourself on how bankruptcy kills the workforce.

The IAM and all unions at US too major hits due to bankruptcy, but hey it is easier for you to blame the IAM instead of the lawmakers (republicans), the judge, the company and yourself for never getting involved to make things better.

The IAM will cave too, just in a different and less apparent way.

I predict small West stations will be outsourced, just like East. Nobody will be able to blame Philly then - it'll be on the District.

I predict US fleet will remain the ONLY organized group on the property with no recall rights.

I've got a mech buddy expecting recall any day now. He's been furloughed for four years. He comes back with full seniority.

Any fleet agent coming back from furlough starts with ZERO seniority.

An injury to one is an injury to all. Riiiight!

Dont you have recall rights, but your pay seniority is the only thing that starts over?

Nope. Bidding seniority and vakay accrual also gone by-bye!

But the pay seniority is bad enough all on its own.

Dont you have recall rights, but your pay seniority is the only thing that starts over?
Do you really have to wonder if it is worth returning under those conditions?? :shock:
You may as well just start over with another carrier if your are going to be treated as a new hire. This B.S. clause that the IAM let slip by, is just further proof of how much they really do Suck. Lose your job due to outsourcing, then have "Recall Rights" that bring you back at starting wage...If the IAM had the so called "Gun to their Head", why didn't the company impose this upon the Mtc. related group?? This is the most pathetic thing that one could expect from "Their Union".....No, wait I mean the second most pathetic thing after Outsourcing.. :down: