West fleet service now paying IAM dues

:stupid:
Anyone who would listen to a US Airways manager is obviously not too bright......need I say more.....
This statement about the lower rate accross the board, is actually true. There was an offer made to the IAM by the company for a standard Fleet Service hourly rate somewhere between $15-$16 an hour that would have kept the people in the 20+ Outsourced stations employed at their locations. The IAM did in fact tell the Company "No Way" to this offer, which ultimatly led to the outsourcing language. Did the IAM bother to survey any of the membership to see if this would be acceptable?? No, they didn't, as it wasn't a good deal for the folks in PHL, so screw the rest of the members who may have been open to the offer instead of losing their jobs altogether. It was a very poor situation to have IAM people sitting at the table who were only from the hubs, and who only had themselves in mind. The CWA on the other hand had a few people who were involved in negotiations that were located in class 2 stations, and they were able to have some input. As we all know, the MLE classification was kept for a while in the class 2 stations, and eventually went away with those employees getting back to Mainline status and pay. I sure wish now that I would have taken an inside position at my former station had I know how this would unfold over the years. :angry:

Apparently Bob you forgot that the IAM Mechanic and Related gave two rounds of concessions in the first bankruptcy only to have the company violate the said concessionary agreement by farming the heavy maintenance of the Airbus out.

Gee, you can really trust US and their executives, can't you!

Enough said!
Didn't the other unions also go thru these 2 prior rounds of concessions???? ;)

Yes, but not have their work outsourced which was a major violation of the CBA.

Yes, but not have their work outsourced which was a major violation of the CBA.
well to me the IAM should have offered it to all the members instead of turning it down before getting it out. it doesnt make sense as to why the iam fleet led by that thug named armedio to help themselves to hefty wages while f**k the members that should have beent he call sign to either get rid of the iam or get rid of the leadership.

In response to paying IAM dues after being furloughed. Right before our date came up we filled out some form and send the IAM a dollar. No dues were taking out through our severence pay. If that affects my recall rights I really don't give a crap as long as recall means going back to starting wage.

JR