Company to eliminate Availability Lines

I spoke with an APFA base chair who told me it isn't.

I think I'd side with the APFA base chair here. Rules around how to handle availability might be contractual, but I don't see anything which indicates that offering it is required.

From TWA people riding AA airplanes and AE crew (former TWA) deadheading on AA.

well there you go. If you want AAFA rumors you need to speak with AA crews. Wouldn't you think?

No TWA rumors around since the end of the seniority dispute. That's all AAFAs cared about. Now we all just want people called back.

L1011,

Maybe your TWA friends have active imaginations and just want to stir the pot.

Maybe they do, they are waiting the outcome of 4 court cases, one filed by AA F/As unhappy with the T/A.

L1011,
You must mean the 4 suits that are burning a fast track through the court system. I hope they aren't passing up real, paying jobs, waiting for these to go through the courts.

Fast track? In the Federal Court System I believe the word is unknown. However, in Marcoux vs AA and APFA, info submitted to the courts suggests APFA is really dragging their heels slowing the outcome of two cases. Unfortunately some have failed to move on while the litigation crawls through the courts. So, by choice, they suffer from their own lack of correct actions sitting about with self pity and anger.

Jim, while I agree that it might not have to be offered, Debbie makes it very clear that atleast she thinks it is contractual.
Sorry IORFA

Jim is correct AVBL in not contractual. Only how it is used is contractual. Ms Carvata is wrong sorry to say. Just do what Jim did look it up in the contract and see if it says anything about it being contractual.

But I do agree with Debbie Carvata it is not going away

I never said it was, just that Debbie said it was. She should know the contract as well or better than anyone else. Especially if she is going to make statements along those lines.

By the way Coop why is the SLT base have the Highest percentage of sick flight attendants.

operaations,

I think intermittent Family Leave is majorly abused by some people.

You would think it is a commuter issue but apparently the majority of sick calls come from the locals (314 and 636 area codes).

The base manager is on the warpath. I know I'm tired of being #7 on RSV and getting called the night before for the LGA turn with the 0500 sign-in. Usually that one goes through 3 or more Reserves before it is confirmed.

If I know any of the previous 3 RSVs who decided they couldn't be bothered with the trip, I do make some REALLY nice phone calls though :lol:

I fly 95-100 hours of double trip trades a month, a sick call would mess me up financially...so I'm not one of the ones you are talking about ;)

I think the SLT pilots also have the highest percentage of sick calls system-wide. I have no idea what's up with that.

Coop

SLT

I never said it was, just that Debbie said it was. She should know the contract as well or better than anyone else. Especially if she is going to make statements along those lines.

Should being the operative word. After 5,000 years of fighting among those Semitic cousins, there should be peace in the Middle East, but there's not.

There are a LOT of people around AA that "should" know and/or claim to know the contract, but only look as far as the Table of Contents. If they see Availability listed, they then make statements like "Availability is contractual."

They don't bother to actually read the contract to see if the company is required to offer it.

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='363047' date='Mar 14 2006, 02:56 PM']Check your HI6 for MARCH 14, 2006. It may shed some light on AVBL.[/quote]

Well, if that means that junior people (like me) get forced onto reserve more than once during the summer then I'll be done with my 3 times/year and won't have to serve reserve in November or December. :up:

Of course, that means that the pool of f/as available to serve reserve at that time will be senior people who have served only 1 or none during the rest of the year. I bleeves I see fireworks and it ain't even July 4th. :lol:

Maybe they do, they are waiting the outcome of 4 court cases, one filed by AA F/As unhappy with the T/A.

Doesn't waiting and plotting revenge get old? The only lawsuit that will be won is the class action one against AA and APFA for foisting this agreement on us. The TWA suits are dead. Get over it and move on already. You're going to give yourself a stroke.

This is a prelude to Roys desire of a move up in SK clear times. Watch and see the what the JSC comes up with..bet that SK clear time move up (from now 1600) will be part of the formula.

I simply cant stand to see Mr "E" get his way. He is not a team player, a poor looser, and nothen but a "good lo boy" left over from NYC HDQ era. Crew resources (and f/as) will be well served when he finally retires.

Skymess, you sure are one of the most judgmental posters on this BB telling everyone else how to live their lives. Amazing how godlike you seem to think of yourself.

Latest posts