Congratulations NO voters - We have been RECESSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be Carefull is silent, he was proven wrong about the recess! LOL. He seems to be such a joy to work with I am sure...

Go to afa.org if you have not received the latest e-line ...... If you do not get your e lines, please contact a mobilizer in your base.

Gigby, you don't know how proud I am of you!

You may have actually read something on ourafa.org.

For a Moron Zombie NO voter who consistantly posted uninformed misinformation I am so proud that at this late date you have visited ourafa.org for the first time.

If we do not get recessed it is not because of you, it will be in SPITE of you.

You are the poster child for the uninformed, uneducated NO voter who has spread misinformation by the bucket loads in the past.

If we actually get another opportunity to revisit an improved contract - it's not because of you.

Just in case you missed this on ourafa.org

ourafa.org update 12/11/12:

"Entering a merger without improvements for US Airways Flight Attendants could negatively impact our ability to enforce our collective bargaining rights and protect our jobs and seniority."

"Q.) Will we be able to vote for the AA bridge agreement in the event of a merger?

A.) No.

But the bigger question is would you want to?

Refer to the pink Hot Topic “Your Future Contract?”.

Their contract and the Bridge Term sheet are less than what we negotiated and in many areas less than the current East and West contracts.

In addition, the Bridge Term Sheet includes a binding arbitration process that would decide your future contract at the new American.

60 days of bargaining followed by arbitration and no vote by members.

We will forcefully oppose any attempt to take over your bargaining rights, but this is the plan management believes they have set for us."

Vote No and get RECESSED.

If we get RECESSED it is because of you.

CC needs to go.

You also called me "Ms. Politeness" in a previous post. I didn't think you were aware of my good manners. I always waited until you had left my office to clean the spittle off of my glasses.

That is CLASSIC!

Can you imagine the abuse her poor computer sceen has to endure "blogging" away in her basement.

The catch phrases have grown old when the people spouting them have lost credibilty.

It's amazing and pathetic how those who have left realize that they had it better working here.

CLASSIC!

CC needs to go.

Becareful,

I am not here to spar with you. I am just trying to make sure that you are not spreading misinformation.
Sometimes you sound like the man who cried "wolf"
Did you ever get the chance to pick up the "hot topic" that your post refers too? If, not you should.
It is probably one of the more informative hot topic. Go to your crew room and pick one up. If you are based in PHL or DC you will find it. I am not familiar with who is in CLT but there should be some in your crew room. PS, you should read every hot topic written. Ps, do you know who writes the info on ourafa? Do you know who answers the questions on our afa? Maybe you should dig a little deeper and find out who answers these questions, if you find them maybe you will be able to find out that we have never been recessed. Not at this point we have not.

You also called me "Ms. Politeness" in a previous post. I didn't think you were aware of my good manners. I always waited until you had left my office to clean the spittle off of my glasses.

OK...that was fun.

Your outsized ego reveals your terrible prejudices. Because you think that you are still a mover and shaker in the AFA underworld you assume that anyone who pushes back against your outdated diatribes must be one also, athough on the wrong side of course.

Although it may rob you of any reamaining reason, many flight attendants do not revere the cliches of their union forebearers.

JFK said it well: Your age is not our age. As every past generation has had to disenthrall itself from an inheritance of truisms and stereotypes, so in this time we must move on from reassuring repetition of stale phrases to a new, difficult, but essential confrontation with reality.

Once again, I respect your accomplishents from when you were here, and am sorry that you find no contentment in them. But flight attendants at US can no longer afford the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought for the benefit of all the members.

Obviously the f/as are fed up with the "same cliches regurgitated by mangement"...stale phrases indeed, just a different day. The problem I see with many in management currently, such as yourself, is that the more you speak of moving forward to the "new reality" and putting the past to rest, the more evident it becomes that things most definitely stay the same...
...same practices, same negative culture of mistrust, same fractured relationships between management and labor as evidenced by the lack of merging the current operation after 7 years, two failed T/As, and management still having delusions of granduer to merge ,yet again, parading the mantra that "bigger is better" to compete... thinking this will solve U's problems.

How many former union reps have you ever known that can come forward, years later, and defend their group, their profession? Yes, I m the anomoly, whether you like it or hate it, it is evident that I still feel I owe the group, respect the membership enough to lend my voice, my tenancity, profound loyalty, committment , and yes "push" to defend the group whenever called upon.

I remain much more than just in the loop. Until the f/as at US Airways get the deal THEY feel they deserve, I will be "pushing".....

Doesn't look good at all for US Airways not to have full support from all of labor. I can't see a deal with AA, getting all the creditors on board, until U has all the support of labor.

Your work is far from over.

Get busy getting a real deal done instead of telling the fa/s that it might be too late.

Bottom line, true reality for US Airways still remains that the voting "majority, past and present day... still rules!

Obviously the f/as are fed up with the "same cliches regurgitated by mangement"...stale phrases indeed, just a different day. The problem I see with many in management currently, such as yourself, is that the more you speak of moving forward to the "new reality" and putting the past to rest, the more evident it becomes that things most definitely stay the same...

The sad part is it seems you'd gladly injure any number of f/a's in order that you could continue to vicariously re-live the glory days of job and union drama without any cost at all to yourself.

...same practices, same negative culture of mistrust, same fractured relationships between management and labor as evidenced by the lack of merging the current operation after 7 years, two failed T/As, and management still having delusions of granduer to merge ,yet again, parading the mantra that "bigger is better" to compete... thinking this will solve U's problems.

At some level I think you understand how irrelevant you'll become if/when this merger goes through and this is why you're always on about it being a terrible idea and some faraway impossible dream.

How many former union reps have you ever known that can come forward, years later, and defend their group, their profession? Yes, I m the anomoly, whether you like it or hate it, it is evident that I still feel I owe the group, respect the membership enough to lend my voice, my tenancity, profound loyalty, committment , and yes "push" to defend the group whenever called upon.

Really? Is that how you sell it to yourself too? Maybe you only come here not out of your profound benevolence and respect but more simply because you can't stay away.

I remain much more than just in the loop. Until the f/as at US Airways get the deal THEY feel they deserve, I will be "pushing".....

Just what the situation calls for, a drama-driven sociopath with nothing to lose.

Doesn't look good at all for US Airways not to have full support from all of labor. I can't see a deal with AA, getting all the creditors on board, until U has all the support of labor.

What you can or can't see is irrelevant to what's actually going to happen.

Get busy getting a real deal done instead of telling the fa/s that it might be too late.

Bottom line, true reality for US Airways still remains that the voting "majority, past and present day... still rules!

Yes, but majorities rule. Usually poorly it seems.

PITTBull,

Your points are well taken. At this point the f/as at US are in need of economic life support. The prospects for remaining a stand alone are dim at best. I just don't see how we can remain as we are and achieve any personal economic success, especially with current management.

I can't predict the future but if we don't get to where the megas are then we are probably not going to have a very good shot at being in the business of air transport. Absent a merger (regardless of how messy and rough), US will probably get split up somehow.

The f/as are lucky we still have the best duty rigs, so we do have something to offer. AA's f/as really have a sucky work environment, and we all know that. There are no big fantasies about a merger panacea. It would be nice if our biggest drama was to spear the fruit or not to spear the fruit...those days are long gone. The future is here and we all see the writing on the wall. Just like the ugly reality of bankruptcy, now, we must deal with the reality of our situation today.

Your zeal and fervor in regards to the f/a group is admirable but imho sometimes misplaced as the truth about what we are going through now is different than when you fought with the crooks that were here before.

Kumbaya

The sad part is it seems you'd gladly injure any number of f/a's in order that you could continue to vicariously re-live the glory days of job and union drama without any cost at all to yourself.

At some level I think you understand how irrelevant you'll become if/when this merger goes through and this is why you're always on about it being a terrible idea and some faraway impossible dream.

Really? Is that how you sell it to yourself too? Maybe you only come here not out of your profound benevolence and respect but more simply because you can't stay away.

Just what the situation calls for, a drama-driven sociopath with nothing to lose.

What you can or can't see is irrelevant to what's actually going to happen.

Yes, but majorities rule. Usually poorly it seems.

Hey Genius....

So, what's going to happen? Hmmm...You got a crystal ball out... OR are you at the table with the AA creditors selling the deal of a lifetime along with some swamp land in Florida????

The creditors at AA would have to be bottom basement desparate to buy into the US Airways present package deal.

IF YOU CAN'T GET YOUR OWN LABOR ON BOARD TO SUPPORT A MERGR, MINUS THE THREATS OF THE 'DOOMS DAY SCENERIO' AD NAUSEUM YOU DISH OUT TO THEM....

AT THE END OF THE DAY, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TRULY CONVINCE THE DOJ, AA LABOR AND USAIRWAYS LABOR ALONG WITH THE PUBLIC AT LARGE, POTENTIAL STOCK INVESTORS (OTHER THAN DAY TRADERS) WITH ANY CREDIBILITY THAT YOU ARE FINALLY SERIOUS TO RUN AN AIRLINE, SPECIFICALLY HAVING, WHAT, LIKE A DECADE WITH OVER 2 BILLION IN COST SAVINGS, PENSION DUMPING, TWO BK, BASE CLOSURES, TENS OF THOUSANDS OF FURLOUGHS, INCOMPLETE MERGER, ETC, ETC, ETC, TO COMPETE, FOR PETE SAKES', ALREADY!!!! This management is ALWAYS in "desparate mode"!!!!!

Put money where your big mouth is, and place it on the table, and give the fa/s the deal they can accept (no GD threats cause you have to trust that ALL of AFA got your MO) and ratify a deal to get at least some of labor on your side...Cause it is pretty damn arrogant for U management to have a notion that they don't need their own labor force to support such a HUGE, big F'N deal...that we all know Labor concessions has paid for to get you in the positon to even be a BIDDER for the largest A+ carrier in the world!!!!

In case you are floating in your BK cloud of past, this group can CHAOS your azzes out of business and all deals are off YOUR forseable future with AA.

They, (AA) at that point may come to bite you and buy your azzes out of your cushy managment jobs... Buddy Boy, after all, AA financed their very own bankruptcy to come out as the baddest azzes in airline history; not for you to come in and F*&% it up with NO validation that YOU are even worthy to marry.

I know much more than you could possibly imagine...so get creative with wild thoughts cause it just might be "real"....

Make a decent deal with the f/a group and garner the support you so desparately need to even attmpt to pull this off.

Way I see it... in current day...you need The F/As, SO much more than they need you to make that deal!!!!!

Hey Genius....

So, what's going to happen? Hmmm...You got a crystal ball out... OR are you at the table with the AA creditors selling the deal of a lifetime along with some swamp land in Florida????

The creditors at AA would have to be bottom basement desparate to buy into the US Airways present package deal.

IF YOU CAN'T GET YOUR OWN LABOR ON BOARD TO SUPPORT A MERGR, MINUS THE THREATS OF THE 'DOOMS DAY SCENERIO' AD NAUSEUM YOU DISH OUT TO THEM....

AT THE END OF THE DAY, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TRULY CONVINCE THE DOJ, AA LABOR AND USAIRWAYS LABOR ALONG WITH THE PUBLIC AT LARGE, POTENTIAL STOCK INVESTORS (OTHER THAN DAY TRADERS) WITH ANY CREDIBILITY THAT YOU ARE FINALLY SERIOUS TO RUN AN AIRLINE, SPECIFICALLY HAVING, WHAT, LIKE A DECADE WITH OVER 2 BILLION IN COST SAVINGS, PENSION DUMPING, TWO BK, BASE CLOSURES, TENS OF THOUSANDS OF FURLOUGHS, INCOMPLETE MERGER, ETC, ETC, ETC, TO COMPETE, FOR PETE SAKES', ALREADY!!!! This management is ALWAYS in "desparate mode"!!!!!

Put money where your big mouth is, and place it on the table, and give the fa/s the deal they can accept (no GD threats cause you have to trust that ALL of AFA got your MO) and ratify a deal to get at least some of labor on your side...Cause it is pretty damn arrogant for U management to have a notion that they don't need their own labor force to support such a HUGE, big F'N deal...that we all know Labor concessions has paid for to get you in the positon to even be a BIDDER for the largest A+ carrier in the world!!!!

In case you are floating in your BK cloud of past, this group can CHAOS your azzes out of business and all deals are off YOUR forseable future with AA.

They, (AA) at that point may come to bite you and buy your azzes out of your cushy managment jobs... Buddy Boy, after all, AA financed their very own bankruptcy to come out as the baddest azzes in airline history; not for you to come in and F*&% it up with NO validation that YOU are even worthy to marry.

I know much more than you could possibly imagine...so get creative with wild thoughts cause it just might be "real"....

Make a decent deal with the f/a group and garner the support you so desparately need to even attmpt to pull this off.

Way I see it... in current day...you need The F/As, SO much more than they need you to make that deal!!!!!

You seem upset?

Hey Genius....

I've never said I could predict the future with utter certainty, I am in fact criticizing you for doing exactly that.

Umm, why, because the all-powerful pilots and f/a's (you are neither) aren't ready to finish their six-odd year and ongoing pissing contests? As if the world and the industry are going to wait on them?

Good thing you've used spicy language, it's going to make a big difference when you're eating those words.

Besides complaining about the butthurt of not being privy to US's deal with AA's unions, which of the unions at US have gone on record as opposing the merger?

Doubt it, but if the f/a's were to strike I'd support it.

They, (AA) at that point may come to bite you and buy your azzes out of your cushy managment jobs!!!! Buddy Boy, after all, AA financed their very own bankruptcy to come out as the baddest azzes in airline history; not for you to come in and F*&% it up with NO validation that YOU are even worthy to marry.

Or you could grow up and realize this is how business is done in America. I'm not saying it's right or fair but I'm not going to adorn it with a bunch of meaningless moralisms and weep about the crushing injustice of airline merger politics. Plus I don't have a management job, and none of the ones I've seen firsthand have looked all that cushy, or fun or interesting. Even if I did, that would still make me something you're not, i.e. someone with a personal stake in the outcome.

Now I get what this is about...power tripping and you can't get down from the horse to save yourself. Messiah complex, tough break kid...

It's not my merger.

And who needs you?

I've never said I could predict the future with utter certainty, I am in fact criticizing you for doing exactly that.

Umm, why, because the all-powerful pilots and f/a's (you are neither) aren't ready to finish their six-odd year and ongoing pissing contests? As if the world and the industry are going to wait on them?

Good thing you've used spicy language, it's going to make a big difference when you're eating those words.

Besides complaining about the butthurt of not being privy to US's deal with AA's unions, which of the unions at US have gone on record as opposing the merger?

Doubt it, but if the f/a's were to strike I'd support it.

Or you could grow up and realize this is how business is done in America. I'm not saying it's right or fair but I'm not going to adorn it with a bunch of meaningless moralisms and weep about the crushing injustice of airline merger politics. Plus I don't have a management job, and none of the ones I've seen firsthand have looked all that cushy, or fun or interesting. Even if I did, that would still make me something you're not, i.e. someone with a personal stake in the outcome.

Now I get what this is about...power tripping and you can't get down from the horse to save yourself. Messiah complex, tough break kid...

It's not my merger.

And who needs you?

I guess in your almighty wisdom, you still can't figure why I showed up on the scene....

I think I'll just let you stay in your "comfort zone", and let you continue to think I'm just plain irrelevant...with nothing better to do with my time.

Next...

I guess in your almighty wisdom, you still can't figure why I showed up on the scene....

Not bothered to care. I'm not familiar with you or your "AMAZING EXPLOITS". It's that when I see a toxic outsider personality stoking division and rancor between my coworkers I think that should be confronted. You literally have the demeanor and high-octane single-mindedness of a fascist when it comes to matters that affect the fates of many and I think that should be confronted as well. Unlike you, I end up working with these people most days of the week. I figure why you've shown up here is because you got your wings clipped and as far as getting your kicks goes this is the next best thing.

I think I'll just let you stay in your "comfort zone", and let you continue to think I'm just plain irrelevant...with nothing better to do with my time.

You accusing me of of being in a zone of comfort is pretty rich. You getting to keep acting and feeling like a big shot is what this seems to be boiling down to.

Deal with it.

Not bothered to care. I'm not familiar with you or your "AMAZING EXPLOITS". It's that when I see a toxic outsider personality stoking division and rancor between my coworkers I think that should be confronted. You literally have the demeanor and high-octane single-mindedness of a fascist when it comes to matters that affect the fates of many and I think that should be confronted as well. Unlike you, I end up working with these people most days of the week. I figure why you've shown up here is because you got your wings clipped and as far as getting your kicks goes this is the next best thing.

You accusing me of of being in a zone of comfort is pretty rich. You getting to keep acting and feeling like a big shot is what this seems to be boiling down to.

Deal with it.

YOUR co-workers???? You've already done more damage to them in the past 7 years by not focusing on integration, blaming the labor groups for your inefficiency in the operation, and you focus on me, because I'm easy.

Still have my wings, pal, you don't!

When it comes to this site, no one cares where you work, what you do. On these boards, we are all equal, and all opnions count as part of discussion...

like it; or lump it, your not in control... period.

If you can't handle it, move on.

YOUR co-workers???? You've already done more damage to them in the past 7 years by not focusing on integration, blaming the labor groups for your inefficiency in the operation, and you focus on me, because I'm easy.

Still have my wings, pal, you don't!

When it comes to this site, no one cares where you work, what you do. On these boards, we are all equal, and all opnions count as part of discussion...

like it; or lump it, your not in control... period.

If you can't handle it, move on.

He knows not whom he jousts!

Try to leave some table scraps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back