Afa & 3 Iam Unit Negotiating Update

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
It is my understanding the AFA is very close to a TA, which could be announced within the next couple of days.

The IAM-FSA and IAM Maintenance Trainers have begun to see movement between the Company and union negotiators. In my opinion, the FSA contract could end up similar to the CWA’s new TA.

Rank-and-file reports indicate the vast majority of the CWA members support the new labor accord. Moreover, every CWA Local president supported the agreement and the union is recommending its members ratify the deal. The CWA agreement when fully implemented will save US Airways $137 million per year.

There is very little progress to report between the IAM unit representing the Mechanics and Related (Utility) workers and the company. It appears this group could be headed for “impositionâ€￾ unless there are dramatic changes.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

You have no idea, I do not know where you get your info from in regard to the IAM, but you are WAY off base.

You are not there and do not know what is going on. Have not seen you on the 2nd or 8th floor at all last week.

From Mechanic and Related and Instructors:

IAM / US Airways Update
1113© and 1114 Discussions

To All Mechanic & Related and Maintenance Training Instructors at US Airways:

Discussions between the District 142 1113© and 1114 Committees and US Airways officials continued this week at the company’s Arlington, VA headquarters with some limited progress being made.

Job security is a paramount concern of your committee, and we expect our members to be properly compensated for the essential work they perform. Additionally, US Airways needs to recognize the hundreds of millions of dollars the IAM membership has already provided the company.

US Airways must understand and seriously address our members’ needs if this airline is to survive.

The 1113© and 1114 hearings on US Airways motion to abrogate the labor agreements are scheduled to continue through December 17, 2004 and will be followed by a decision by Judge Mitchell. Therefore, it is our understanding that consensual agreements must be in place by December 16, 2004. Failing that, the judge may rule to abrogate the labor contracts on December 17, 2004.

We will keep you advised of any new developments,

Sincerely and fraternally,

William O'Driscoll
PRESIDENT-DIRECTING
GENERAL CHAIRMAN

From Fleet Service Update:
December 2, 2004

US Airways 1113© and 1114 Discussions Update

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

Meetings between the District 141 1113© and 1114 Committees and US Airways officials continued this week at the company’s Arlington, VA headquarters.

Committee members and our financial professionals reviewed valuations of the company’s proposals, but additional research is necessary to understand their true potential impact on the membership. That internal process will continue next week, and discussions with the company will reconvene following the completion of our review.

The 1113© and 1114 hearings on US Airways motion to abrogate labor agreements are scheduled to continue through December 17, 2004, and will be followed by a decision by Judge Mitchell. Therefore, it is our understanding that our 1113© and 1114 discussions must be concluded by December 16, 2004.

In solidarity,

S.R. (Randy) Canale
President and Directing General Chairman
IAM District 141

Keep Trying, I suggest you worry about ALPA and not the IAM. Are you the official IAM Spokesman now, eventhough you are not a member nor are at negotiations?

And lets see round two for the CWA concessions only past by five votes last time, dont count your chickens before your eggs hatch.

Amazing how far someone will go.

Maybe USA320pilot studied at the politicians' school of disinformation...

Remember Reagan and his "welfare queens?" Or, more recently, "Iraq has weapons of mass destruction" and "Saddam had a direct connection to 9/11." Or, "I did not have sex with that woman."

It is an unfortunately proven fact of advertising and politics that if you tell the same lie consistently and loudly, some people will believe you.

Rank-and-file reports indicate the vast majority of the CWA members support the new labor accord.

Somehow I doubt that. And what exactly are "rank and file reports."

Peeky said:
Rank-and-file reports indicate the vast majority of the CWA members support the new labor accord.

[post="226679"][/post]​
wouldn't that be :blink: some type of military report?

Peeky said:

[post="226679"][/post]​

Management always assumes that they are the only ones communicating with each other. If they put out the "rank and file reports" lie through one of their employee toadies, they think that you will believe that you are the only one opposed and decide to vote for the TA.

Peeky said:

[post="226679"][/post]​

Quick survey of a smaller station this AM indicates that the rank and file must not read the newspaper. I'll report on PHL later in the day.

700UW said:
You have no idea, I do not know where you get your info from in regard to the IAM, but you are WAY off base.

You are not there and do not know what is going on. Have not seen you on the 2nd or 8th floor at all last week.

[post="226669"][/post]​

I hate to stalk you again but... oh ok I love it.. but anyway with all the time you spend on the internet and this board edited by moderator When are they going to put a muzzle on you anyway or are you just their puppet?

How he does go on about nothing :rolleyes:

USA320Pilot calls casual chats with a few people whom actually speak to him a scientific survey or poll on the pulse of the people involved. What a frigging joke this is.

I don't claim to know how the AFA feels about things or how they intend to respond to the situation? , but having seen an interview this evening with a career U F/A in CLT on the news tonight...I can assure you the interviewee was in a quandry as to how to make ends meet after recieving his November 30th pay check.

The man is at a crossroads as to what to do at this point career wise?...Cuz it's obvious capitulation is not the answer...nor is resigning and walking away in dispare without having another option in place. Niether scenario is going to get it done from a cost of living standpoint..and taking another one for the team only betters the circumstance for a very select few whom have not had to endure harsh extremes in regards to concessions. Taking one for the team is one thing..if a team is what it is? , but when the majority take 18% to even 29% or more to keep the team alive...and those whom are doing the asking are only taking 1% to a maximum of 10%...Well you can figure it out for yourself.

Regarding the IAM....Again , I cannot speak for the Union itself , as 700UW points out , Niether myself or USA320Pilot has access to the negotiation process un-like how he would lead you to believe...but after numerous chats with many fellow co-workers across the system....Most understand the ask as being for lack of better terms "Suicide or Fratracide"

Most undertand that the company wants the IAM Mechanic and Related chopped by a minimum of 2800 people. With Union Senority being what it is....the concept of a team enviroment will be killed off forever. We as the M&R have endured like most others have...but the endurance is no longer there when the ask is bordering on a 75% mortality rate...and token wages for the remaining 25%

My views are my views...and I do not claim to have scientific polling results anymore than Capt. USA320 does in reality....but at least I'm coming clean as having just an oipinion and views based on what I know , see and hear instead of posting what I'd like to lead others to believe and fear at the own peril regardless.

Again....regarding USA320Pilot...you are listening / reading the ramblings of a man in fear of becoming a First Officer or maybe even a Pedestrian depending on how things shake out in the not so long term?...Think for yourself and act accordingly is the only sage wisdom I can offer you beyond saying to ignore a less than fact based "Fear Monger"

When I sat down for thanksgiving dinner I made sure to give thanks for someone like A320pilot, I mean what would we do without someone who spends so much time being concerned about other peoples affairs and making sure that they get what is fair.

I could never find any of the articles that he posts, I mean how could I? I would need something like the internet and a search engine. Don't forget the UCT/ICT and other rumors....I'd need some shrooms and a sweat lodge to come up with those.....thanks for the update.

CynicalResAgent said:
I mean what would we do without someone who spends so much time being concerned about other peoples affairs and making sure that they get what is fair.

[post="226821"][/post]​

All the time I thought he was concerned about himself, thanks for setting me straight.

By the way no work on Sundays at Chick-Fil-A

usa320: what kind of contract could the afahave in it? would it include the outsource issue? i can tell you that if i had a deal like what the cwa has and it includes outsource i would not vote for it at all. why would i vote for my job to be outsourced????????

Dec 5 2004, 11:10 AM]
Quick survey at res last night, noone in favor.

Ok so instead of $20,000.00 ( and we still dont know if its SEVERANCE or a BUYOUT so in addition to the $20,000.00 unemployment may also be there) , one year of medical , and lifetime travel you will vote no and go to the judge and get nothing but your contract ripped up, outsourced , and then some unemployment ? I know your bitter but dont bite off your nose to spite your face !

Latest posts