Cwa Board Clears The Way For Possible Strike

BigDog!
Amen brother...or sister..

Something certainly is UP...
Our vacations are usually,and I use that term LOOSLY..usually bid by now..
In the past it's been completed by 2nd maybe the 3rd week in NOV..

Not this year...I called in to bid this morn,(on vacation all week)-so..no can reach the supr,since she has her nose so far up the stat mgr @$$, I was told the bid for VACATION was cancelled for today,and RESCHEDULED FOR NEXT WEEK..
Oh and the stupid answer I got, was" it wasn't up in time" BS>>>It was up before I left on the 30th of Nov..This is NOT A WORK BID>>>

I wasn't born last nite...

They think the employees are stupid..

Called my union local and expecting her call back..

IMHO< He's waiting to hear if the comp will be pulling another vacation week, so HE WONT HAVE TO RE DO IT>>
And I'm in an X-press station!

What else is new.... :down:

I had a chance to talk to some "legal eagle" types today. Just waiting around in an airport, and waiting and waiting. According to them, the US bankruptcy/contract abrogation is the big discussion item at the "water cooler" or whatever passes for it in their world. Seems there is a major divergence of opinion between the experts. Several point of law may be decided. 1. Does the Judge have the authority to change a labor contract or only to abrogate it. 2. If the contract is changed, can the union resort to self help. 3. If the contract is abrogated, what terms of the Railway Labor Act are applicable and can the union resort to self help immediately. Looks like whatever happens, US will lead the way.

The old chinese curse, "may you live in interesting times" is upon the people who really are US.

Luvthe9

Who did you ask at the airports? The five or so agents that are still working the gates and counters at each airport? I'm sure they are a majority!!!!! LMAO!!!!

USA320Pilot said:
Who is forcing people to work at US Airways?

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="204980"][/post]​

No one is forcing us to work here, but we do and you have to deal with it. No one is forcing us to strike but we will and you'll have to deal with that too. Most of us have 20 to 30 years with Usairways ..... in many ways we are Usaiways.

hey most of us know our time is done here. Pensions gone, bens cut, pay slashed, and work rules changed. what is one good reason to stay here??? If its a strike then lets go. Bronner has much more to lose than i do now

cokeorsprite said:
hey most of us know our time is done here. Pensions gone, bens cut, pay slashed, and work rules changed. what is one good reason to stay here??? If its a strike then lets go. Bronner has much more to lose than i do now
[post="205026"][/post]​

Lets get a T/A in place ! Take the ca$h, year of medical and Free Flying. All that is more than 36 weeks of unemployment. Hell , the medical alone is worth more than 36 weeks of unemployment ! As far as Bronner UAIRq is less than 1 % of the ENTIRE RSA portfolio. He would get his investment back with the LGA terminal and slots alone even if he was 2nd or 3rd behind GECAS and Bank of America!

LGA / 037 said:
Hell , the medical alone is worth more than 36 weeks of unemployment !
[post="205038"][/post]​

A pilot that took early retirement to be grandfathered with the current retiree medical posted on the ALPA board that he just got his bill from the company for his part of the first 2 months of medical - over $1200. That's with spouse and 1 child.

Jim

BIGDOG said:
Hey USA320....

If i was making what you would be making i'd be very happy....

But i only make 13 per hour can you make it n that.....

You have alot of nerve telling us we shouldn't be upset or angry.

We go from paycheck to paycheck if even that.
[post="204985"][/post]​

i doubt very highly that this dude would respond. he is what i would call a self conceded well you know what. he is only worried about keeping his 6 figured salary while the rest of us have to live check to check and that is if we can do it.

BIGDOG said:
Hey USA320....

If i was making what you would be making i'd be very happy....

But i only make 13 per hour can you make it n that.....

You have alot of nerve telling us we shouldn't be upset or angry.

We go from paycheck to paycheck if even that.
[post="204985"][/post]​
So how much does USA320 make salary plus benefits? No wonder he expects those at $13. to further bend over. Savy :down:

Savy,

Pay is $124 and change per hour, same as me. After that it depends on how many hours flying.

Jim

Well, I think I'm worth more, but it's not a bad living (don't tell Bruce!!!)

:eek:

Jim

Latest posts

Back