CWA Members please read...........

Robc98

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
This week you will be recieving a copy of the CWA agreement...please read very carefully the MDA portion of this contract...my guess is that 70 pct of this company will be turned over to MDA in the not so distant future...This agreement has eliminated a lot of the basic benefits that we have gotten over all these years...8 hr overtime qualifiers...shift premiums for opentime and shift starts...No severance pay and medical or dental premiums in the event of a furlough....No pension opportunity should the company come up with one(401k only)....Medical plan equating to American Eagle? (what is the AA eagle medical plan?.no details provided as to what they pay or type of coverage)...payscales equating to express pay yet the ability to run jets back into the cities of choice.......this agreement is a terrible one for those who choose to remain with the company and work in those cities designated as MDA....I believe every class 2 city is in danger of this designation and the mainline will shrink to just the hubs and a few larger cities......I believe this contract needs to go back for reevaluation and improvement.....I do not want to see this company fold...I plan on staying on and working for them as long as I can and I will do the same professional job I always have but this agreement out on the table has too many damaging proposals in it and too many lost basic benefits that at 13.00 hr will not break this company....Also the question as to whether or not you can bid back into a mainline city after you've been working in an MDA city for a period of time is not addressed either.....Again I want to see this company survive more than anyone..even with the hands weve been dealt with to this point...but this contract could be a lot better than it is

With MDA,$9.75/hr while on vacation TOS.

It will be hard to shrink the airline to all MDA if all the unions have the fleet minimum at 279.

As for transferring, as with the employees who stayed with the Mainline/Express stations, they can transfer to a Mainline station anytime there is an opening and their seniority can hold it.

Yes but with only 8 mainline/express cities and the company having the option to convert those cities to MDA then that agreement will be null....the fleet size wont matter when they are able to run 2 mainline flts a day out of every MDA city....

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/21/2002 12:38:24 AM Robc98 wrote:

This week you will be recieving a copy of the CWA agreement...please read very carefully the MDA portion of this contract...my guess is that 70 pct of this company will be turned over to MDA in the not so distant future...This agreement has eliminated a lot of the basic benefits that we have gotten over all these years...8 hr overtime qualifiers......but this contract could be a lot better than it is
----------------
[/blockquote]
Yea,
Your'e exactly right. You get much better benefits and have a much brighter future on unemployment.