Definition Of A Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
usfliboi said:
PITbull said:
Saying that someone needs to "crawl back under their rock, where the light won't get you", IS NOT INSULTING. But, you warned you would ban me off the boards. That's plain simple ludicrous and you are using some kind of power you think you have to control the posters very thought an writing to fit some purpose you have.

You have the ability to misconstrue even the simpliest, benign attempt. If we wanted to be like you...we would be you!
Pit bull ! I think this is that "tude" he may be referring to. "the power you think you have"??????????/ You see If i were moderator you wouldnt have had the chance to say that . This board isnt yours. You have your avenues in the pit to get your message out. If your so concerned about the union why is it your on here arguing and insulting anyone who disagrees with you. As with most margeting projects you must pick and choose your avenues to roll down This isnt an avenue where you can do any good. You have constantly shown its your view or no view, unfortunately for you this isnt your board or anyone posting on heres board. There are rules plain and simple. As with in our own company by seeing the anger and insults and name calling. one can see why our airline is in trouble. With a one sided attitude a company, group ,or club can never make it. There are rules here . Im not sure why you or the "few' OTHERS FEEL THEREs favortism here, its as plain as the nose on anyones face. The people who insult curse namecall etc are the ones who are warned and banned. You cant get warned for speaking your opinion. You can however be warned for how you express it. There are other boards out there you may transfer to all be it youd have to pay. If some dont like it here im sure others would welcome you and your money with open arms. The nice thing about it is you have a choice. A choice to stay and follow the rules or leave and forget about it. A nice choice many dont have. Stick to what you do know and thats defending "your" union and fighting for what "you" believe is rt or wrong. Just to do it with someone who can make a difference. Iassure you, no one on here can !
USFliboi,

You are correct...YOU CAN'T MAKE A DAMN BIT OF DIFFERENCE NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO.

Now that I can agree with...

Do you prefer a duel? :lol: :lol: :lol: Or are you more comfortable being beaten at a game of Chess perhaps? :p

If the moderator is trying to make the boards a little less about sarcasm and bitterness and more about constructive ideas, I think that's just fine. I'd sure find it more interesting than it has been lately.

bbost,

There is a difference between "wit" and "sarcasm". Moderators need to be able to distinquish which is being used. And being sarcastic is not necessarily insulting.

Some are more "witty" than others....you catch the drift B)

Moderators are not on the boards to stimulate constructive ideas or to promote ideas, or sway discussions. They are there to make sure rules are followed. Period. Using good judgement and discerning which comments are relative or not is a big part of what they do. Language can be strong (not profanity) but not necessarily indignant. Moderators need to know the difference if they take on such a task. And everyone should be treated the same.

If the moderator is trying to make the boards a little less about sarcasm and bitterness and more about constructive ideas

With that in mind why would Bill post such a comment to Pitbul such as the one he posted below?

From my understanding U has a zero tolerance policy, if Bill were to make that sort of a comment to Pitbul in the work place she could have him fired due to its sexual implication. But because this is “Bills boardâ€￾ he can say whatever he pleases without fear of retribution from his superior’s.

Now you tell me, does this sound like a moderator who is trying to make this board less sarcastic and bitter? Perhaps his comment falls under the category of constructive ideas.

Only if you come with me...

I am going to say something here Mr.Flyboi. You have the most difficult language , grammar and speech of any one on these boards. My 7 year old granddaughter would make mush out of you. I don't know who your are, and I hope I never know who you are, for you are somewhere out there, a person that I hope to never see or know.

Pick on me how ever much you want. I find You quite mundane and boring and childish to say the least. Furthermore, IF you ARE a Flight Attendant for U, I hope we never meet.

You get on these boards everyday and say the most assinine things, trying to provoke others to get sent to the Cornfields.!!! You never say anything of importance. You never have a sense of humor and you are never concerned about any one but yourself. I really have come to think you get some cheap thrill out of all of this. I think you are really sad. :shock: :eek: :down:

KT You just keep on Posting and responding to WHATEVER you feel is appropriate.... Im not exactly sure why You where singled out ..... Everyone should be able to have an opinion !!!!

PITBULL.... I was just reading all this for the 1st time...and I saw how your Post was Moved from where it Should Have been.... Heck, Try posting under an "ALIAS" and let's see if you are Moved AGAIN !!!!! ;)

KT..... Honey as long as I am able to afford the Wine I drink.... The Spirits will keep Flowing...... ;)

Colby said:
PITBULL.... I was just reading all this for the 1st time...and I saw how your Post was Moved from where it Should Have been.... Heck, Try posting under an "ALIAS" and let's see if you are Moved AGAIN !!!!! ;)
Actually, Boeingboy and one or two others had threads moved there as well, so there was zero bias. You should also take note of the fact that on the same afternoon, a post was moved from the US board to the Regional/National board (issue re: LCCs to Europe), a thread was moved from the US board to the UA board (issue re: Shuttle America starting ops for United), and a thread was moved from the US board to the Foreign carrier board (issue re: unruly passengers on an EasyJet flight).

I invite you to find whatever bias there was in those movements. G'ahead.

ktflyhome said:
I am going to say something here Mr.Flyboi. You have the most difficult language , grammar and speech of any one on these boards. My 7 year old granddaughter would make mush out of you. I don't know who your are, and I hope I never know who you are, for you are somewhere out there, a person that I hope to never see or know.

Pick on me how ever much you want. I find You quite mundane and boring and childish to say the least. Furthermore, IF you ARE a Flight Attendant for U, I hope we never meet.

You get on these boards everyday and say the most assinine things, trying to provoke others to get sent to the Cornfields.!!! You never say anything of importance. You never have a sense of humor and you are never concerned about any one but yourself. I really have come to think you get some cheap thrill out of all of this. I think you are really sad. :shock: :eek: :down:
KT There ya go again. Simply amazing! But hey thanks for the ummmm whats all that? Sounds like your gdaughter is really smart. Good for her. In the future just dont read my postings and you wont be tempted to post in response. Im not taking the time to cross every T and Im not writing a formal letter. Pitbull thanks for the light hearted comment. I just earned some respect for you!

BillLumbergh said:
No implication at all to indecent conduct, but instead, if I get a time out, she gets one as well.
Hmm, I take it that your comment is yet another example of "unbiased"?

So, If you are considered "bad", than I get draged along with you? That's not discrimminating?

Tell you what Mr. Moderator, I assume by your remarks that I will be getting the fine once over look at everything I post. Make sure you make the "right call". :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.