Did everyone leave?

nope. 2020 was just fine for me.
Hey topDawg,
Just had our Grand opening of our brand new hangars in Denver. Adding new jobs, positions and even bringing in more in house maint. On top of all that SWA will also be moving into 16 new gates freshly built at Denver and can very easily grow to 40 in total as needed. Denver will get very big for us. You may wanna share with those two yahoos how other airlines are bringing in way more in house work and adding more jobs and positions than their co. is hands down. And we still have 4 other cities on tap for new hangars as well. :)

I pulled the E handle when a voluntary separation was offered.
Same. Welcome to the club.

I was told I was making a mistake, another coworker was all over me to go to the Union president and 'beg' him to get management to change my request.
I had people trying to discourage me to while I was going to school. They would say things like "you will never again find this kind of work for this kind of pay".

It's like the membership is conditioned to believe they can't be successful without a UNION behind them or something..........

Only one guy put it into perspective, he said "Had enough?". He left too.
Same here. I had enough. I was fed up.

One of the best moves I ever made.....not one regret.
I do have regrets. I regret that I let fear and self doubt keep me from leaving earlier. I should have left about 6 years earlier than I did. I am thankful for the opportunities American Airlines gave me but I didn't listen to my instincts when they were telling me it was time to move on with my life.

I tell you what, my friend now lives in New York and If I ever made only one person happy in life, it was him.
I am glad you were able to help the guy out.

Reactions: Kev3188 and swamt
We had it in the bag until the GL decided they could read the room better than actual DL employees. Lot of hangers-on hoping for a cushy spot in MD decided they knew what was best and ran right over people that had actually been doing the work. Clearly turned out great...

No IAM drive whatsoever at DL currently.

Same for ACS.

Some things never change...
They are getting ready to revamp DL fleet. But every time, you have someone higher up that tries to take credit but F it all up.
Delta fleet was lost primarily by TR who is a super negotiator but boring as hell heading up "objective" organizing. He wont be doing it this time but they still dont know what they are doing even though the iam leadership is solid imo. They should have had Jetblue done years ago but they are stuck at 35% for another yearly cycle and they will NEVER organize jetblue because the iam doesnt know. Just being honest, i like the iam leadership now at the GL but no clue how to organize a big group without a headstart of having half the eligible already iam members.
You would think they would listen. Nope.

The last drive was over the second they decided they knew better than the boots on the ground. Their hubris put us in a flat spin we couldn't recover from.

I'll keep an open mind, but if they decide to run this next drive like it's still 1998, it'll be DOA. DL has always been its own animal, but now you also have a huge percentage of people with less than 5 years on the property. They'll need to rely on people that can read the room to understand how those people operate & what kind of union they'd want to help build.

Shoving the IAMNPF down their throats and bellowing "get the facts!" won't cut it.

Peterson sold out all his friends???
.....coworkers and aircraft technician industry for his cush 500k a year job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peterson will not come back to the floor if that opportunity presents itself. Many in his position can not face the members on the floor working side by side. He will probably retire or find a new cushy position in the TWU International or a long shot in management.

Reactions: swamt
$166,037 in 2021. No one in the TWU makes anywhere near 500k per year. DOL/LM2 😊
If they spew BS enough, they think it will come true, I wonder how much the illustrious Amfa President makes that represents about 45k less members than Peterson does....

If they spew BS enough, they think it will come true, I wonder how much the illustrious Amfa President makes that represents about 45k less members than Peterson does....
Since you want to interject a union that is not on the floor at American Airlines try posting about the ones that are.
APA
APFA
CWA
IBT
IAM
PAFCA

Did I miss any?

• Haha
Reactions: JimmyBop

Im actually more interested in how much Lee Seeham makes since he’s the real owner of AMFA? (Absolutely not the members)

You should worry about how much you're overpaid, not how much someone else is overpaid.

Keep this in the back of your mind and let it eat away at you. I wake up laughing every day how you got so royally royally screwed by “my” Company. Didn’t you get whacked coming close to 20 years ago now. You’re such an absolute complete loser that you can’t move on. Ha Ha Ha…… Next comes the Blah Blah Blah response. 😂

82FC905E-C086-417D-8A7A-8BF570554FA2.jpeg

Peterson sold out all his friends???
.....coworkers and aircraft technician industry for his cush 500k a year job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nah. He knew you guys really were a bunch of whiners never willing to use your brains and he was smart enough to leverage his own skillset to leave you holding the wrench. He was too smart to stick around with cry babies who dont have a brain to understand they are way underpaid.

Keep this in the back of your mind and let it eat away at you. I wake up laughing every day how you got so royally royally screwed by “my” Company.
How did I get screwed? I was about half way through school when they laid me off. Doesn't that show intent of separation on my part?

You keep believing your fantasy though.

Didn’t you get whacked coming close to 20 years ago now.
Most people end questions with a question mark.

Actually, it has been less than 10 years. My 10 years of recall expires this year, unless they changed that in the contract.

You’re such an absolute complete loser that you can’t move on.
Anymore I just come here for the unbelievable entitlement and the absurd disconnect UNION members have with the real world.

If you want to see a REAL loser check out the picture below.
1649747401316.png

Nah. He knew you guys really were a bunch of whiners never willing to use your brains and he was smart enough to leverage his own skillset to leave you holding the wrench. He was too smart to stick around with cry babies who dont have a brain to understand they are way underpaid.
They have not figured out that people you work with are mostly not your friends. Mostly.

1649747682540.png