Doom and Gloomers Beware...

safety stud

Senior
Apr 6, 2006
Visit site
With all the Biathching done in the first quarter, LCC say's it's going to make a little profit for the 3 months. This with the cluster **** that took place with kiosks and weather... Hard to believe aint it... Yet most of the posts on here of doom and gloom.

People say this company will be bankrupt and in the dumps by the end of the year. Listen, If a company can make money with the monumental problems we had in the most difficult quarter of the year, we are still going to be around for a few more years... Believe me...

We may not like the people running this airline, we may not like the decisions they do, we may not like the union representation we have, or the people in office... yet...
we all come back everyday and do it all over again.

Face it. We are all robots... trained... disiplined... beaten...

Im tired of listening to the F/A's that did this or that. Im tired of the FF's that gripe about everything and are happy about nothing. Im tired of this constant doom and gloom about everything this airline does. Is there anyone out there who has a positive opinion? Hasn't anyone out there heard of the "Secret of Attraction"?

I want to hear the "I Can's" not the "I Can'ts"...

Just my opinion...

Here come the rain clouds...now you did it.

On serious note this airline is trying to get on its feet, like a new born fold and it's stumbling bad. You have some cheering for it, some don't care what it does and some have a sniper rifle.

I want to hear the "I Can's" not the "I Can'ts"...

Just my opinion...

You Can If You Think You Can!

If you think you are beaten, you are,
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you like to win, but you think you can't,
It is almost certain you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you're lost,
For out in the world we find,
Success begins with a fellow's will.
It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you are outclassed, you are,
You've got to think high to rise,
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.

Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man.
But soon or late the man who wins,
Is the man who thinks he can.

~ C. W. Longenecker ~

Safety Stud's comments are well written and accurate.

The first quarter is traditionally the worst quarter of the year. Even with US Airways' current problems the 2007 Average Anyalst Earnings Estimate is about $7 per share. Furthermore, last week the WSJ published a column with a table that indicated US Airways would be the second most profitable airline in the country in 2007.

Is the company doing everything right? No, of course not. Should the company perform better? Absolutely! Is a merger integration easy? No, of course not. Is the company making improvements? Absolutely! Does the company still have problems? Yes, it does.

In my opinion, the problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem. Does that make sense?

Finally, I believe it is better to focus on the glass "half full" versus "half empty" concept because attitude is everything. As Helen Keller said, "No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit."

Regards,

USA320Pilot

PineyBob,

If you dislike US Airways so much than why do you continue to fly with the company? Moreover, why do you waste your time posting on this message board?

Life is too short to be miserable so much.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

PineyBob,

If you dislike US Airways so much than why do you continue to fly with the company? Moreover, why do you waste your time posting on this message board?

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Sniper shot on Piney :up:

if it weren't for all the bashing on this board of the company. no one would have anything to talk about. It would be great for the company to have several more quarters of losses so it can go into bankrupcy again so they can force even more lower wagers and high productivity for its employees. It's all part of the strategic plan! I actually also think the CEO/President at so called Sandcastle discuss each day how to make piney post something negative about them.

The original poster is wrong in both fact and point. "Making a profit" only works when it includes special items.

As you will recall, I predicted that when US got into the heavy lifting in terms of the migration it would cost dearly. Any bets as to how much of that "special sauce" is merger related?

Let's all do the "who posted it first" dance. On 3.....

PineyBob,

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

I don't quite understand it either. I myself am in a Holiday Inn right now. It's ok but not the best. Am I going to show up at the Holiday Inn reservation center anytime soon to check it out? No. I also will not be meeting with the Holiday Inn management anytime soon to discuss why the shampoo is generic and not pert plus. No.

If I wanted something better I would stay at the Marriott. But this is "ok" for me.

However, look for my tirade soon on how my Priority Club gift basket has been downgraded from a 5.1oz bag of cheezit's to a 2.4oz size. I am considering dedicating my life to this horrible act of cheapness by posting on internet message boards all day long. I will however still stay at Holiday Inn's beacuse I hate my life and I am a grumpy old bastard. The words "let it go" have never really meant much to me.

The best thing that could happen for this airline would be several quarters of losses. Then, perhaps, the BOD would see reason to rid this airline of the alcohol-impaired cretinous bully in charge.

Loser

You used the word hate I didn't So to address your question.

Not flying with US this week. Flw 3 of the last 4 weeks with Midwest :p :p

Pissing you off is NEVER a waste of time. In fact it's rather fun. Beats Law & Order Reruns in the hotel room

I'd rather be a miserable free thinker with a spine then the invertabrate sycophant you are.

Did I say something that offended you? GOOD! :up:

Loser

Latest posts