Doom and Gloomers Beware...

A day after First Call issued that consensus estimate, they issued another....

$0.29/share excluding special items, or ~$26 million. The low estimate remains the same at $0.10/share but the high estimate dropped from $0.95/share to $0.62 cents/share, or ~$56 million.

Well, I got good news and bad news.

The good news is that since oil prices are up, future losses from out-of-the-money hedging transactions will be reduced.

The bad news, of course, is that oil prices are up.

$0.29/share excluding special items, or ~$26 million. The low estimate remains the same at $0.10/share but the high estimate dropped from $0.95/share to $0.62 cents/share, or ~$56 million.
Another day, another First Call revision......

Consensus of $0.23/share, or ~$21 million. The ends of the estimate range changed little ($0.10 and $0.61/share)

Jim

I feel you seem to have misjudged me. Everyone looks at life, actions, words, in many ways. How you see something might be different than I. It's not to say I'm wrong for not seeing it your way, or visa versa. I stated my opinion, just like you... it's different than yours...

Everybody has an opinion, that is a true statement. Beyond that, you are incorrect.

For instance, anyone can walk into a hospital for the mentally insane (most any fundie church will do, also) and get a wide range of opinions. That doesn't mean what they are saying has any relationship to reality. In fact, even if all inmates should happen to agree on the same opinion, that still does not move the opinion any closer to reality (though many in the GOP might disagree).

The rightness or wrongness of opinions has no bearing on whether you can state an opinion or not. If I state that your opinion is wrong, that would generally mean that I have specific observations that make your opinion wrong. There are some inmates that still opine that the world is flat. They believe it. I believe it is round. Who is right or wrong? Am I wrong to so state that they are wrong, even as I state that you are wrong?

Everybody has an opinion, that is a true statement. Beyond that, you are incorrect.

For instance, anyone can walk into a hospital for the mentally insane (most any fundie church will do, also) and get a wide range of opinions. That doesn't mean what they are saying has any relationship to reality. In fact, even if all inmates should happen to agree on the same opinion, that still does not move the opinion any closer to reality (though many in the GOP might disagree).

The rightness or wrongness of opinions has no bearing on whether you can state an opinion or not. If I state that your opinion is wrong, that would generally mean that I have specific observations that make your opinion wrong. There are some inmates that still opine that the world is flat. They believe it. I believe it is round. Who is right or wrong? Am I wrong to so state that they are wrong, even as I state that you are wrong?

It's funny ussnark how you always have something to say. Usually negative... but always something...
You remind me of the person that thinks they have the answer to every question... You know... the one that talks... and talks... and talks...
You are a classic example of why I started this thread...
I wanted to see if anyone out there could, or would say anything positive of this company...
This was sort of a test... I wanted to test the waters so to speak... If you look at 90 percent of the posts on this thread you will notice a common denominator....

NEGATIVE - NEGATIVE - NEGATIVE...

Sometimes... ussnark, it's better to listen... understand what people are saying... and command an appropriate response....

But you.... It's Yadda Yadda Yadda...

You are like that person we where all taught about in F/A training.... You know... What ever they say will go in one ear and out the other....

That's OK... USSNARK... If it makes YOU feel better to complain about everything... you go right on ahead...

just my opinion...

Several days since I posted the First Call consensus, and several reductions in that consensus have occurred.....

In the post above, the 1st quarter consensus was for earnings to be $0.23/share. Since than, the consensus has been revised downward to $0.21/share, then $0.18/share, and now $0.12/share before special items. That works out to about $10.8 million before special items.

Jim

Imagine how much profit it could be if we still had Sabre rather than the atrocity known as Shares. How many MILLIONS has shares cost this compnay?