East Airbus Reconfiguration

<SNIP> the multi-hanger on the F/C aft bulkhead was the solution. It works well enough, but yes it does interfere with the recline of the F/C seats in the last row. (That, or the person(s) in row 6 force their seatback into the recline position which mashes the coats so badly they might as well have been thrown in the o/h bin. :lol: )
F/C now includes complimentary suit pressing!

k1qbe3.jpg

And with the new seat pitch in coach, everyone in the back will step off the plane with sharp creases as well.

Always thinking of U.

Well, it is official. Beginning Sep. 8, the 320 and 319 fleet will be reconfigured.

A319- new config will keep the same number of f/c seats and add 10 more seats in coach. Will be doing it by making seat pitch smaller. Will keep all existing closets and galleys.

A321- Reduce f/c seats by 4. Add 12 more coach seats. They will be taking out the G2 forward galley and the valet closet.

Something doesn't add up....

Current HP A319: 12F/112Y
Current US A319: 12F/108Y

Current HP A320: 12F/138Y
Current US A320: 16F/126Y

Adding 10Y seats to the US 319 will not match it to the HP version. It will make it a very tight fit.

I'm going to assume you meant, in your post, the A320 rather than A321. In that case, adding 12Y seats and removing 4F would, in fact, match it to the HP A320.

The A321, as we know, is losing 10F seats sometime in the near future (any date on that work completion scheduled?)

F/A bags are fine, Int'l paperwork that never gets back to the greeting agent/loose headphones/extra magazines/trash bags/ thats what I am talking about. I also dont have an issue with the music its the 2.5 Million it cost that we paid for with our cuts in pay.

If you recall Andy, US didn't own the copyrights to the original US theme song. And every time it was played US had to pay a royalty fee. Hence TRANSFORMATION was burn. It cost the company upfront and only once compared to the ongoing cost of paying someone else to use the music.

I'd love to know how much UA pays in royalty fees for the use of Rhapsody in Blue, their theme song, everytime it's played. I imagine it's beyond 2.5 million dollars.

If you recall Andy, US didn't own the copyrights to the original US theme song. And every time it was played US had to pay a royalty fee. Hence TRANSFORMATION was burn. It cost the company upfront and only once compared to the ongoing cost of paying someone else to use the music.

I'd love to know how much UA pays in royalty fees for the use of Rhapsody in Blue, their theme song, everytime it's played. I imagine it's beyond 2.5 million dollars.

I think that Rhapsody in Blue went into the public domain in 2000. Therefore its copyright expired.

<SNIP> In case they fail, and the company comes asking for more money from the employees, we can take the cost of the bad management decisions out of the equation. Many of the U-East people will remember:

MetroJet :down: (failed)
Where’s Seth marketing, and GO! Fares, :down: remember the big yellow bus? (Failed)
Purchase and production of the video background music in 2002 :down:
Business Select :down: :down: (failed)
The current guys at the top are too cheap to roll out any programs like that. Look who they suckered into paying for “I Make US Flyâ€￾.

I think that Rhapsody in Blue went into the public domain in 2000. Therefore its copyright expired.
Under the Copyright Term Extension Act of 1998, works made in 1923 or after will not enter the public domain until 2019. According to Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-55077-7, UA pays 300k annually for the use of it.

High-Five Sonny!

Well, it is official. Beginning Sep. 8, the 320 and 319 fleet will be reconfigured.

A319- new config will keep the same number of f/c seats and add 10 more seats in coach. Will be doing it by making seat pitch smaller. Will keep all existing closets and galleys.

A321- Reduce f/c seats by 4. Add 12 more coach seats. They will be taking out the G2 forward galley and the valet closet.

I am very curious what they will be doing with f/c jackets on the 321. I know the West does not have closets but they also don't fly to near the amount of cold winter destinations that the East. What will our business pax, US1's do with their suit coats and topcoats? I don't think they will be happy folding them up and sticking them in the overhead.

So all the rest of the East a/c will have closets except the 320. So coats will be hung on the other a/c and not the 320. Great for a consistent product.

Your thoughts?

This information doesn't seem all together correct. First off, you are not going to add 10 seats to coach by simply changing seat pitch. Keeping all existing galleys and closets? Possibly in the short term, long term plans may differ. 321 is to be configured to 16 f/c beginning in fourth quarter from the best of my knowledge, although I've been away for several weeks.

This information doesn't seem all together correct. First off, you are not going to add 10 seats to coach by simply changing seat pitch. Keeping all existing galleys and closets? Possibly in the short term, long term plans may differ. 321 is to be configured to 16 f/c beginning in fourth quarter from the best of my knowledge, although I've been away for several weeks.

Right from the company. 319 will add 10 more coach seats without removing any galleys or closets. 320 will take out forward closet and g2 galley while taking out 4 f/c seats and adding 12 y seats.

The NEW seating configuration for the A321 will be....F16Y167. Currently, it's F26Y143. I agree, the original poster obviously had the A320 configuration confused for the A321.

Right from the company. 319 will add 10 more coach seats without removing any galleys or closets. 320 will take out forward closet and g2 galley while taking out 4 f/c seats and adding 12 y seats.

This is also right from the company(June 16 FAQs):

Q. I'm currently a West flight attendant and was wondering if there are any plans to make the configuration of our East and West planes similar. I know from working on the East side that the Airbus bulkheads are much different and the galleys are, too. That’s without mentioning the number of seats on each aircraft type. In addition, the B757 and B737 are all configured differently. Are there any plans to match things up before we begin working on each other's metal next year?

A. Beginning this fall the East A319s and A320s will be converted to match the seating configurations and pitch of the West fleet. There still will be some differences due to a few monuments that are very expensive to move. But the number of first class and coach seats will be the same. We also are considering reducing the number of first class seats on the A321 form 26 to 16, which is more consistent with the number of paying first class customers on board. If we move forward with this, the A321 conversion will happen early next year. Currently, we have no plans to convert the B757s to a common configuration (the West planes are largely going to be on Hawaii routes). Changes to the B737 will depend on the future of the type in the fleet.

The NEW seating configuration for the A321 will be....F16Y167. Currently, it's F26Y143. I agree, the original poster obviously had the A320 configuration confused for the A321.

You are right. If you look at the first sentance, I say that the configuration for the 319 and 320 will be change. I later refer to the 321 when I should have been saying 320. Sorry for the confusion. To clarify, the new East configurations will be

319- F-12 y-118- no removal of closets or galleys
320- F-12 y-138- removal of closet and g2 galley

Sorry for the confusion

Latest posts