EOS 757s

Looking at the possible future with UA, the 757 may not have any future across the Atlantic. If I'm correct, UA is the only US airline not flying 757s across the Atlantic. I don't know if AA is doing it right now, but they have done it in previous summers.

(Too bad, since it's a great plane.

I agree, it is definitely a great plane (although personally I think they handle like a Mack truck with deflated tires.)

It is a great plane when used to perform the mission for which Boeing designed it which is long haul domestic, and not transoceanic.

US has already published a fleet plan that shows the 757 being our only remaining Boeing, with all of them ETOPS capable. That leads me to believe that the 757 is not planned for domestic flying at US. Bad news.

The West 757s have definitely seen better days. HP always used to get every last penny out of each plane, and it shows on some of them.

CO went outside the box of Boeing's original thinking and successfully built a European network with 752s very well due mainly in part to the distance from EWR to many of the smaller European cities they serve.

US was able to copy that model out of PHL, since it's not much further.

AA does the same from BOS.

But all the other carriers' hubs are out of range to be able to successfully serve smaller markets with a 752, unless DL does some from JFK. But they have a large enough 767 fleet that it's probably not planned anytime soon.

The fuel costs probably make the 752 a great option for flying the longer routes because you're getting a much higher yield on fare revenue than the same plane flying transcon.

Why would US want EOS 757s? They have nice seats, thus don't fit in the US fleet.

Looking at the possible future with UA, the 757 may not have any future across the Atlantic. If I'm correct, UA is the only US airline not flying 757s across the Atlantic. I don't know if AA is doing it right now, but they have done it in previous summers.
I think you're right, US, DL and CO are well discussed. NW does BDL-AMS. IAD's position further south hurts it for 752 TATL ops but it should be able to handle Ireland/the UK if UA wanted to. The longest 752 route for UA I believe is Saturday only DEN-LIH which comes and goes between a 752 and a 763.

Ripping out all but 8 FC seats... for LAS and MCO. If this were a West based plane, we have 14 seats in FC. And, it'd be amazing to have a 757 built in 1992 since the West's are all built from 1937-1940. :down: ATA or Eos, I say additions of 757's would be welcome.

OMG, you guys only have 14F seats and 8F on the east side, I would tell everyone at UAL to brace, we have 24, and they are always full...

OMG, you guys only have 14F seats and 8F on the east side, I would tell everyone at UAL to brace, we have 24, and they are always full...
ahh .. seats can be put in and taken out at anytime. this doesen't mean that if we do merge that they will reduce the f/c seating on ual birds . infact, it could be vise versa . what management thinks works for US now may not necessarily work for a merged airline. so chill.

We used to have 24F seats on the 757s at US prior to the AWA merger ourselves - and they were always full. But then Tempe started using the East 757s exclusively for low yield, high capacity runs and wanted to cram more seats into coach and make it a cattle car (which they certainly succeeded in doing), so FC was practically removed for the aircraft altogether. Not saying I agree with that decision, but that's Tempe's explanation for it.

ahh .. seats can be put in and taken out at anytime. this doesen't mean that if we do merge that they will reduce the f/c seating on ual birds . infact, it could be vise versa . what management thinks works for US now may not necessarily work for a merged airline. so chill.

Then how does this explain the removal of the First Class seats on the A321 following the merger between US and HP? Shouldn't the F capacity on the A321s that are used primarily for transcons in competition with the likes of UA and AA have remained the same?

This is another reason why if UA and US merge that we need new blood (blood with JP-4 coursing through their veins) running the show. Yes, some cutbacks will probably need to be made to stem losses, but nothing near the decimation that the original US Airways had to endure under the "step over a Dollar to pick up a Penny" mentality of Doug Parker and his minions. :down:

We used to have 24F seats on the 757s at US prior to the AWA merger ourselves - and they were always full. But then Tempe started using the East 757s exclusively for low yield, high capacity runs and wanted to cram more seats into coach and make it a cattle car (which they certainly succeeded in doing), so FC was practically removed for the aircraft altogether. Not saying I agree with that decision, but that's Tempe's explanation for it.

This is not justifying any of Tempe's actions, but the reduction of First Class seats on the East 757s from 24 to EIGHT (more like a slaughter than a reduction, if you ask me) and the remarketing of the aircraft type to low-yield markets like Las Vegas and Orlando was done prior to the merger. You can blame the ghosts of the Crystal Palace for that one and then blame the Sandcastle for everything else! :lol:

Then how does this explain the removal of the First Class seats on the A321 following the merger between US and HP? Shouldn't the F capacity on the A321s that are used primarily for transcons in competition with the likes of UA and AA have remained the same?

This is another reason why if UA and US merge that we need new blood (blood with JP-4 coursing through their veins) running the show. Yes, some cutbacks will probably need to be made to stem losses, but nothing near the decimation that the original US Airways had to endure under the "step over a Dollar to pick up a Penny" mentality of Doug Parker and his minions. :down:
don't start with me ;)

Latest posts