Express Pay Rate

wings396

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
I was just wondering how the unions and the company came to a tenative agreement with the pathetic rate of $13.01 an hour. I went over to CO Express today and got a copy of their rates..top out at 11 years with $16 an hour plus a .75 for NE area stations...$16.75 an hour for a NON UNION company..and we are paying dues to these morons so they can bring us from $21 to $19, and now want us to swallow $13. The rates that CO have would at least be above poverty levels for trained employees. Lets face it we may work RJ a/c, but are we now worthless with a/c that are almost the same size as the F-28 and F-100''s were. With this type of a cut most will be working in reverse or slower...a true slap in the face.

did you ask if CO were hiring? It sucks going to the bottom of the barrel, but with the economy the way it is, a $13 hr job with free travel is hard to come by. Having used to work for Express, CC Air, i only made $7.00 hr, working weekends, nights, and holidays. At least mainline has better pay, although we may be going to a smaller payscale.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/3/2003 3:56:27 PM wings396 wrote:

I was just wondering how the unions and the company came to a tenative agreement with the pathetic rate of $13.01 an hour. I went over to CO Express today and got a copy of their rates..top out at 11 years with $16 an hour plus a .75 for NE area stations...$16.75 an hour for a NON UNION company..and we are paying dues to these morons so they can bring us from $21 to $19, and now want us to swallow $13. The rates that CO have would at least be above poverty levels for trained employees. Lets face it we may work RJ a/c, but are we now worthless with a/c that are almost the same size as the F-28 and F-100's were. With this type of a cut most will be working in reverse or slower...a true slap in the face.
----------------
[/blockquote]
------------------------------------------------------------

FWIW, you're eligible for a dues reduction if you make less than $12 - check it out with your local lodge.

Yes, CO is hiring, but I don't have 11 years to spend trying to get to where I am now. Remember this it at the top of their scale where we are supposed to fall in at MDA or Express rates. Almost all that will get hit in the smaller stations have 15-25 years of service and are at top rate now. I would think that since Dave came from CO he knows their payscale.

CC air was put out of business by ALPA. CCair which is owned by Mesa Air Group had successfully negotiated a contract which both parties agreed to and would have given the airline growth, RJ's, and a pay increase. However since there were rates of pay for 90 seat jets in their contract Duane Woerth ie. ALPA national would not sign the contract and thus the airline does not exist..

[blockquote]
----------------

I was just wondering how the unions and the company came to a tenative agreement with the pathetic rate of $13.01 an hour. I went over to CO Express today and got a copy of their rates..top out at 11 years with $16 an hour plus a .75 for NE area stations...$16.75 an hour for a NON UNION company..and we are paying dues to these morons so they can bring us from $21 to $19, and now want us to swallow $13. The rates that CO have would at least be above poverty levels for trained employees. Lets face it we may work RJ a/c, but are we now worthless with a/c that are almost the same size as the F-28 and F-100's were. With this type of a cut most will be working in reverse or slower...a true slap in the face.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Somebody from CO correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that CO has the division between mainline/express that US does. I think that all CO customer service agents work under that pay scale.

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]
I don't believe that payscale is set in stone.....CWA would negotiate pay with MDA...it could be higher....or lower....

Continental and express do in fact have different pay scales. I believe the current pay at CO is around $20 or at least it was 6 months ago.

Further, when talking about express or commuter pay, understand that AMR services type pay (mirror image of MDA) is a real lowball pay scale.
Although someone here said that CO express is at $16.75, I can tell you that Air Wisconsin, a commuter/jet affiliate of United Airlines is at about $19 hr.

I say this because our last modification provided a viable employment alternative for some considering working at MDA. As you remember, if negotiations failed, the modification allowed binding arbitration, this is something we lost in this new modification.
Although binding arbitration isn't the best, it would allow the potential for pay and benefits to mirror something between Air Wisconsin's pay and AMR services.

As Tim stated the CO Mainline and Express rates are different. At my location CO Express is the only part of CO there and I obtained the pay rates from them. For them to get $16.75 as a non union express carrier is not to shabby at all. If we have to work for $13 an hour, we may as well take the furlough and look elsewhere for employment. You would think that dedicated and trained employees would be worth more to have around. I have seen first hand what breed of workers DL & UA get for their Express operation starting at $7 an hour....it is a revolving door of employees.