F/A Secondary Lines for May-AFA Labor thread title edited

Status
Not open for further replies.
The east contract dictates a lot of "me-too" clauses. We stay together with our front end on domestic along with international. LGA tends to be shuttle by majority but they do have other airbus trips that will fly around the system both domestic and (islands I think) first going through PHL or CLT. As for side letters, I think we have more of them than actual contract.

Oh one more thing. Sharing pairings with our pilots restricts our ability to have higher time trips. Our average 4 day is in the low 20+00 hour range. We have a few we can find (good luck) that are around 24+00. Our average trips are 1days 5 hours, 2days 10 hours, 3 days 15 hours and 4days are 20 hours. If there is deadheading in there the trips are lower than the average minimums and involves claims that many STILL don't know how to do. Go figure.

Trip rigs are the name of the game......

Until we recover our rigs.......we will be dragged around the system for little or no money.

So you guys don't have high time turns like PHL-LAS-PHL or CLT-LAX-CLT? Are your PHL and CLT carribean trips all turns or two days? I am guessing if almost all your trips are kinda low time, the international trips must be super senior since they are higher time. Like Athens, Milan, Rome, and Venice.

We all need to form an alliance heck we shut down PSA. When the mechanics went out we the Flight Attendants as TEAMSTERS honored there strike.Council 70 AFA need to form and have meetings once a month with the Local Philadelphia Elected Reps from USAPA. If they are not available invite another Council. There is so much information !!!!!! we will be blind sighted. Get the printed information out there when I was VP I had a writer that I would send my work to and I did not charge it to the Council and he would polish and reword some of my sentences. Do not make it so hard when people are hungry they become preditors. I ask AFA how much satisfaction do you gleem from your entitled positions? You can not make it so TOUGH. Why don't you ask others to help we are really a talented group

So you guys don't have high time turns like PHL-LAS-PHL or CLT-LAX-CLT? Are your PHL and CLT carribean trips all turns or two days? I am guessing if almost all your trips are kinda low time, the international trips must be super senior since they are higher time. Like Athens, Milan, Rome, and Venice.
Let me chime in from the west, where approximately 2,500 of us are based in Phoenix. We do not have a "me too" clause out here so have seperate pairing from the pilots. For the May bid 26% of the flying is in 4 day trips, which are general 19-23 hours in credit. 27% of the flying is 3 day trips, usually 15-17 hours in credit. I do not have the breakdown for 2 day and 1 day pairings but a good guess would be 35-40% of the bid are 2 day trips while 10-15% are very high yield 1 day trips. The 1 day trips are the most senior in our base, you need to be 1 thru 350 in seniority to hold them. They are typically JFK, PIT, PHL, CLT, BWI, DCA type turns worth 9 to 10 hours. We Westyz fly a lot of west coast turns out of PHL and CLT because our co-workers in the east CAN'T fly them due to the "me too" clause. These are typically built into 4 day trips. Here is one I just recently flew: PHX-PHL day one, PHL-SAN-PHL day 2, PHL-SFO day 3, SFO-PHX day 4. We had a different flight deck crew every leg.

You would be correct. The carribean trips are majority 1day trips that are high time. I did a few that I thought I was going to drop over. They pay well but are HELL if ya ask me. Now as for int'l trips they most certainly do go more senior. I believe many of the flight attendants that fly int'l to europe only do so because it is commutable. In writing the joint contract it is my understanding that we want to keep the ability to have west coast turns or east coast turns for our brothers/sisters in PHX. They best be QUITE carefull with the language as to not find f/a's doing turns in and out of florida that equal the same duty time. I think THAT is the reason the east was pushing to stay with the front end crew. They are capped with FAA stipulations that CANNOT be broken where if your violated in a contract section now the f/a lots of times can grieve it but still flies it. It's BS.

With my 41 years I have been under both systems and it is difficult enough when you fly together with the pilots to get them to know that you will and can walk off. Trust me I don't think I want to waste my time in dialing for support ................I know that we are all in a pickle its tough but when you are out of the country it just so much harder.......Hope we all win!!!!!!!!!! the Company has the bat ,ball and ,field......Everyone get out of your dug outs...............

i am on the phone with omar bryant and she is telling me that there was an 8% reduction of flying in phl for may. even though we have an increase of intl flying some of it is not daily. lis,bhx,dub,and snn are only operating 5 or 6 days a week. plus you have the trips with the layovers in fra then another dest . she told me more time will come in june. she also told me what the company s proposng for staffing to TLV .i can tell you that if it goes the ay the company wants. this trip will def go junior.

hi etops what is the staffing proposal...b/c i am going to stick my nose into the inaugural westbound to shake things up. maybe afa can put something out before it starts?

i am on the phone with omar bryant and she is telling me that there was an 8% reduction of flying in phl for may. even though we have an increase of intl flying some of it is not daily. lis,bhx,dub,and snn are only operating 5 or 6 days a week. plus you have the trips with the layovers in fra then another dest . she told me more time will come in june. she also told me what the company s proposng for staffing to TLV .i can tell you that if it goes the ay the company wants. this trip will def go junior.

I have no doubt this will be a struggle to staff this flight. I really hope I'm wrong, but I will bet it will be covered by a majority of reserves on a daily basis. How the training department thinks some of the "suggestions" will be implemented I don't know. I do think they better have have several "helpers" to make sure this thing actually works. We all know how this usually works out. My favorite example is that the lav at the 2r door is for Envoy and the lav at the 2l door is for coach-again good luck with that. "No, you can't use that lav even though it is right in front of your seat."

Back to secondary lines. Why is it OK for a PRI line to be clumped into either the last two weeks or the first two weeks, but they won't do that for a secondary line?

Good luck to the person(s) who get stuck with the B position on the Tel Aviv flight. Special meals with special prep involved, extra special meals boarded for those who forgot to order a special meal, people allowed to use the aft galley as a prayer center and two hot meal services.

How many "no contacts" are we allowed?

Good luck to the person(s) who get stuck with the B position on the Tel Aviv flight. Special meals with special prep involved, extra special meals boarded for those who forgot to order a special meal, people allowed to use the aft galley as a prayer center and two hot meal services.

How many "no contacts" are we allowed?
I had no idea the new 330's were also going to be designated as Temple's. Albany and Cleveland are looking really good this summer!!

I just responded to Bajababe over at the CAL forum and I don't like flying to TLV at all. We have time hungry F/A's and they will fly anything worth as much time as possible. No matter what the staffing and how much work at CO, they will fly it. Our trips to India are hell and you need 25-30 years to even touch them. Asia is different, NRT is a great trip and the people are amazing. I will tell you I worked TLV twice and only because I had no choice. I figured I would give it a second shot, sometimes you have a hit or miss on a trip. Well, lets just say it wasn't the a hit or miss. It was the people in general.

I grew up in Brooklyn, NY and we have quite a few large jewish areas. I knew personally how the hesidic (Poor spelling) people can be. I thought flying would be diferent and it's not. The men hardly listen to women, they fight over where to sit, some can't sit next to women. They are rude, disrepectful, and it takes longer then blocked boarding time to board the flight. It will always go out late unless it is light and it never will be. I mean this with all my heart, I would rather scratch out my eyes, then ever work another flight to TLV. If you love a religious challenge, and rude and disrespectful people, go for it. The layover itself is AMAZING, to get there is not worth it.... Good Luck on the inaugural....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back