First CRJ-900 Arrvies

N905AW

Aug 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Freedom Air (dba America West Express) has received their first CRJ-900 aircraft:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/316695/M/
The plane is equiped with 80 seats, including 6 in first class and 74 in coach. Freedom Air is set to receive 25 of these aircraft to operate under the America West Express banner.
Anyone have any idea which routes might be the first to see the CR9? The only potential city that I've heard so far is Seattle.

I just love these FC seats on the CRJ -900s and -700s. I have flown on the NW Avro RJs with FC and only ever seen 1 or 2 people in them. In the long run I think that it would be better to just have more seats. Just thinking out loud......

The new CRJ-900 is currently on the schedule for PHX, TUS, LAX, LGB, LAS, BOI, and SAT. The new aircraft should be in service by late April.

Sabre is showing the following early CR9 service.
Starting 28April 1 r/t each PHX-LAX. PHX-LGB and PHX-ELP
Starting 12may 1 r/t PHX-BOI and 2 PHX-TUS. Perhaps there
is more but this is what I could find.

By the way, did you really hear PHX-SEA? Hell, you all need another -320 going up there.

Word here at Mesa is that the -900 was in DFW also on proving runs. Also, we're told (they won't let me near it as a Mesa pilot) the -900's have 86 seats in a 6/80 split. From what I'm hearing the FC seats are nice, lots of legroom.