First Flight in About 3 years

US1YFARE

Veteran
Mar 31, 2004
Took a US flight for several reasons, including that it was the only flight that really fit my schedule. What a disappointment.

I checked in at the FC line and the employees working that line were talking about something unrelated to US even though the kiosk had no paper to print my boarding pass and receipt. I had to interrup their conversation. One of the employees was fine, but the other seemed annoyed. Oh well.

The flight left on time and there were pre-departure drinks. Interestingly, the FC cabin was filled with CO flyers and they were irate. Out of 12 seat, 80% must have been CO flyers. They couldn't believe no meal was served and then they were shocked that there was no IFE. It got to the point that they were almost abusive which is not good, but it really shows that US sets up its employees for failures on a daily basis. No surprise to me. My seatmate asked the FA about the red wine and the FA actually smirked and said it is really bad. He still took it and when they served it in the infamous party cup, his jaw dropped. people also couldn't believe that they were selling meals in the back and not offering anything of substance in front. The snack basket is pathetic. One guy asked if they had to pay for what they were offering. Is this what you deal with on a daily basis?

Overall, the in-flight service was not that good. The FA came around the FC cabin 2 times on a 3 hour flight. WN gives better service in Y. It's really sad that US has not improved at all.

Took a US flight for several reasons, including that it was the only flight that really fit my schedule. What a disappointment.

I checked in at the FC line and the employees working that line were talking about something unrelated to US even though the kiosk had no paper to print my boarding pass and receipt. I had to interrup their conversation. One of the employees was fine, but the other seemed annoyed. Oh well.

The flight left on time and there were pre-departure drinks. Interestingly, the FC cabin was filled with CO flyers and they were irate. Out of 12 seat, 80% must have been CO flyers. They couldn't believe no meal was served and then they were shocked that there was no IFE. It got to the point that they were almost abusive which is not good, but it really shows that US sets up its employees for failures on a daily basis. No surprise to me. My seatmate asked the FA about the red wine and the FA actually smirked and said it is really bad. He still took it and when they served it in the infamous party cup, his jaw dropped. people also couldn't believe that they were selling meals in the back and not offering anything of substance in front. The snack basket is pathetic. One guy asked if they had to pay for what they were offering. Is this what you deal with on a daily basis?

Overall, the in-flight service was not that good. The FA came around the FC cabin 2 times on a 3 hour flight. WN gives better service in Y. It's really sad that US has not improved at all.

I totally get that you CO loyalists had a flight that didn't meet your expectations. What I don't get is why there were so many of you "slumming" on a US flight.

Loyalty (at any level: customer, employee, investor) is not free, thus it's not something the company seems interested in investing in.

I also took my first US flight this year a month ago (and before some of you ask, it was an award ticket-still on a mileage burn). Nothing has changed at all. Although many of the employees are great (that was never the issue), the service is terrible. After flying DL/NW for a year, then going back to cheap and plastic seems, well......cheap! If nothing else, it solidifies that my decision was a good one.

Sounds like the pre-boarding anouncement should have told First Class passengers there would be no meals available to them on the flight.

You realize that Us Airways is a Low Cost Carrier....You cant expect to buy a cheap ticket and get First Class Service. Low Cost meaning The employees are underpaid So thats why you got terrible customer service...No paper in the Kiosk because the company didnt pay the bill to the paper company or to maybe the company that services the kiosks didnt get paid....No IFE because the US Airways says people bring there own for ex: Ipods, Laptops, DVD players...The FA was only helping out telling you the truth about the wine..Its cheap wine...Why would you want to eat airplane food anyways...At least the snacks they give are wrapped from the factory and will hold you over to a good meal after landing and the party cup was offered because US is a low cost carrier...I really dont know what you were expecting of a LOW COST CARRIER and why are you posting this on an aviation board? Noone here can Help you. You need to stop wasting your time here and Contact US Airways and get some heads rolling....

Oh, the drama of it all. I find myself working in the FC cabin on 3 hour US Airways flights several times a week and have never, I repeat, NEVER seen anything even close to the hostility suggested here. The cabin frequently has OAL frequent flyers (particular United) and while there might be an occasional question about IF a meal is served, I have never seen anyone even close to what I would describe as irate. Get real.

And think about it... if the passengers were as irate and borderline abusive as you mentioned you can't TRULY be surprised that she didn't come out in F/C to endure it more. I'm sure she tried her best with what she had available but when that doesn't work and folks still insist on being mean about it, I'd ignore them too. My wings don't make me an emotional pincushion.

What I do not understand is why there are better food choices in coach than in first. I am guessing it is just more Tempe contempt for the business travel passengers.

yeah, i'm making it up

:rolleyes:

What would lead you to believe that things had changed since you left?? :huh: Despite your horrible experience, US continues to fill its seats and manage to stay in business another day. That's the bottom line for me as an employee, no longer worried aboutdirty and broken glassware, complimentary meals, an old IFE system with sound issues, and running out of a FF first choice so they can berade me! All gone....it is what it is....and unfortunately it works for Tempe and I must say it works for me too.

On another note, I work a lot of T/A flights and on ocassion the TLV flight....and I cannot tell you how many times passengers on that flight have commented on how nice US's flight is compared to CO and Delta. Everything from the the ease of getting around the PHL terminal to the food, service, crew, a/c and the IFE system. I can honestly say that I have not heard anything bad about US's service on this board since you left and came back Surely, you knew things were the same....seems everybody else does! :rolleyes: