Flagship Tulsa

Did cha git some a dat BBQ Bologna? Umh, umh, umh! That ther Q beats a pay raise any ole' day....... :lol: :lol:

In the imortal words of Henry Hill in Goodfellas:
"FUQUE YOU, PAY ME!" :down:

I actually passed on the invite. I instead had a nice dinner with my fellow brothers within my shop.

It could be characterized as a form of "unattentive professional protest", to executive compensation.

I actually passed on the invite. I instead had a nice dinner with my fellow brothers within my shop.

It could be characterized as a form of "unattentive professional protest", to executive compensation.

I am impressed!

Are you running for Union Office and needed some votes?

I am impressed!

Are you running for Union Office and needed some votes?
I could obtain the votes without this act of defiance.

If I were to run. I would campaign upon much stronger issues rather than hang my hat on the fact that I turned down a BBQ sandwich.

Holy Sh*t HSS, I actually can agree with one of your posts 100%, heck it only took three years. :p I guess the next one comes in 2010. :shock:

I've seen your site. Is it sponsered by the TWU/AFL-CIO?

Do you now "renounce the AMFA", and their initiative?

According the information on the website, it is members wanting more communication with Candidates for Union Office that are the contributors. Something I doubt the TWU or the AFL-CIO would favor.

As for me, I don't renounce or discount ANY form of change for the TWU whether it be internal change or NMB vote to remove them. All I know is CHANGE is needed.

According the information on the website, it is members wanting more communication with Candidates for Union Office that are the contributors. Something I doubt the TWU or the AFL-CIO would favor.

As for me, I don't renounce or discount ANY form of change for the TWU whether it be internal change or NMB vote to remove them. All I know is CHANGE is needed.

We do have the means to offer our candidates the avenue of communication without the aide of outside dissenting views, or interuption by outside influence who may dissagree with the message of the candidate and excuse their comments from your un-offical web site. If the members of the TWU want an avenue to access their candidates through electronic communication I'm sure our Locals can provide the access.

We do have the means to offer our candidates the avenue of communication without the aide of outside dissenting views, or interuption by outside influence who may dissagree with the message of the candidate and excuse their comments from your un-offical web site. If the members of the TWU want an avenue to access their candidates through electronic communication I'm sure our Locals can provide the access.

Oh I see. So dues paying members forming their own forum is "outside dissenting views"? There you go again, discrediting members seeking change, and trying to force and corral everyone into the dictators communication tool. I am sure "they" will provide something to counter the change514.com website. But open and honest? You are kidding right?

I would be willing to bet that the Local will not allow a completely open forum that will allow myself and other so-called dissenters to post opinions and questions.

In fact I will guarantee ANY form of communication provided by the TWU will be closely monitored and tethered to restrict openess. Especially given the current climate for change of leadership.

I bet you cannot even successfully get a by-law change passed to require a run-off election of non-At Large Positions so that we dont end up with another President elected by less than 1200 votes. Instead, there will be long list of Candidates and this time the winner will probably have less than 800 votes.

Oh I see. So dues paying members forming their own forum is "outside dissenting views"?

I would be willing to bet that the Local will not allow a completely open forum that will allow myself and other so-called dissenters to post opinions and questions.

In fact I will guarantee ANY form of communication provided by the TWU will closely monitored and tethered to restrict openess. Especially given the current climate for change of leadership.
Informer, I understand your request for open communication. Had you approached your Local with this before activating your site? I have no problem with open communication, because I want to know who it is I am voting for, and what platform of agenda they have to present. But as a member of the TWU/AFL-CIO I want the forum to be legitimate....

Informer, I understand your request for open communication. Had you approached your Local with this before activating your site? I have no problem with open communication, because I want to know who it is I am voting for, and what platform of agenda they have to present. But as a member of the TWU/AFL-CIO I want the forum to be legitament....

It is not "my" website, it is yours,

And legitimate will be determined soon enough.

You have discounted the communication tool before you even give it a chance. Give it time and watch the tool work for you. Truth is you are probably scared of change.

You truely have been shaped by the dictators, and need to step back, take a deep breath and watch what happens when the membership is really in charge.

For the record:

What is your definition of "Legitimate"?

It is not "my" website, it is yours,

And legitimate will be determined soon enough.

You have discounted the communication tool before you even give it a chance. Give it time and watch the tool work for you. Truth is you are probably scared of change.

You truely have been shaped by the dictators, and need to step back, take a deep breath and watch what happens when the membership is really in charge.

I'm not discounting a tool for communication, only suspicious to the moderators sincerity.

For the record:

What is your definition of "Legitimate"?

Yeah, I know I misspelled it. You just happened to catch me before I could fix it.

My spelling sucks, and I know it :blink:

I'm not discounting a tool for communication, only suspicious to the moderators sincerity.
Yeah, I know I misspelled it. You just happened to catch me before I could fix it.

My spelling sucks, and I know it :blink:

HSS, I was not making issue of mispelling, I honestly wanted your definition of a legitimate communication tool.

I've seen your site. Is it sponsered by the TWU/AFL-CIO?

Do you now "renounce the AMFA", and their initiative?
And one comment later, I no longer agree with you, imagine that. ;)

Why does a site have to be sponsored by the twu? Why would someone need to renounce AMFA for anything, have you still not figured it out that the drive was sponsored by the twu membership at AA? The same members who might just take over every local in the system and will force their views, without renouncing AMFA or anyone else for that matter, upon the twu. I pay dues, and I'm entitled to my views, and will if I see fit put my views in place at my local and you will be kissing my arse if you believe I will ever renounce unionism or the over 50% of the twu members who support the AMFA. To renounce the AMFA is to renounce your membership, is that what you want?