Flagship Tulsa

And one comment later, I no longer agree with you, imagine that. ;)

Why does a site have to be sponsored by the twu? Why would someone need to renounce AMFA for anything, have you still not figured it out that the drive was sponsored by the twu membership at AA? The same members who might just take over every local in the system and will force their views, without renouncing AMFA or anyone else for that matter, upon the twu. I pay dues, and I'm entitled to my views, and will if I see fit put my views in place at my local and you will be kissing my arse if you believe I will ever renounce unionism or the over 50% of the twu members who support the AMFA. To renounce the AMFA is to renounce your membership, is that what you want?

WHOA! If I was him, I would find that comment not only the truth, but difficult to come up with a reponse.

HSS, I was not making issue of mispelling, I honestly wanted your definition of a legitimate communication tool.

As far as our dispute upon the boundries of legitimacy. In my opinion, it could only be resolved before an Arbitrator.

Because I'm going to hold my ground to the legitimacy of your web-site, due to no official sponsership.

As far as our dispute upon the boundries of legitimacy. In my opinion, it could only be resolved before an Arbitrator.

Because I'm going to hold my ground to the legitimacy of your web-site, due to no official sponsership.
I'll put a motion in at my local to send a check to the webmaster to help sponsor it, afterall my elected officials blame all the screwups during negotiations on the 514 officials, so maybe we should help pick new ones.

I'll put a motion in at my local to send a check to the webmaster to help sponsor it, afterall my elected officials blame all the screwups during negotiations on the 514 officials, so maybe we should help pick new ones.

So you are saying the recognition of the Change514.com is not legitimate?

Your suggested motion would only solidify my point of the dispute....

I think the expression of accomplishment represented by the crowning of two of our MD80's as "Flagships of Tulsa" is pretty cool.

The efforts by the members of TWU Local 514 which is based in Tulsa, Oklahoma will recieve far reaching recognition for exceeding the 500 million dollar goal.

I would like to see other aircraft crowned for reaching goals for their respective stations.

Tulsa has set the "Benchmark", will others be honored?

Brother, you have NO IDEA, how many "BENCHMARKS" those TUL Ballsuckers have set, over the years !!!!!!

NH/BB's

Jesus,
I wonder if AA will ever dedicate a 777 Flagship ..JFK,... or a Flagship ... BOS ??

This damn pity party is sickening!! I wonder how many of your union brothers and sisters from NWA or UAL would love to be in your shoes right now?

Your union brothers at NWA decided not roll over and be in your shoes. Most of us are now in careers that are respectable and reward our experience with pay and benefits equal to and above what we made at NWA prior to us going on strike. That list of TWU concessions sure is impressive. It is only outdone by the IAM ramp and clerical at NWA. :up:

Again, that is not my wesbite, it is yours.

You really do think your a lawyer since they put you on the arbitration committee. Your machinist friends have said to me that was the case.

Anyhow the definition of legitimate would fall along the lines of "in accordance with established rules, principles, or standards" and if we stick to that definition, then we do not have change.

Are you for change or do you want to continue the status quo and because there is no official sponsor, then discredit that which you might actually find to be a useful tool for your voting opinions.

Sometimes, our status quo thinking is our worst enemy, and thus we become enemies to ourselves.

You and "Bill" seem to be really close and on the same wave length. I wonder why that is?

And the company union concept is working.
Glad to see the move towards honesty for a change Bill.

From The Lexicon of Labor;
ISBN1-565844564

Company Union- Sometimes called an "employee representation plan", it is a union in name only because it's fostered, financed and dominated by management to discourage a bona fide union from being organized. In effect the company "negotiates" with itself.

Hmm.
fostered-like the way AA padded the numbers in M&E to ward off an AMFA election

financed-like the way the AA pays over twenty local presidents and TWU officials salaries totaling over $3million dollars a year.

Dominated-Jim Little, head of the twu, right out of AA management. Need we say more?

In the real labor movement company unions are considered the worst possible scenario. Worse than non-union because in fact its anti-union. Despite the fact that the NLRA declared such organizations an unfair labor practice they still exist, and since we are under the RLA its legal.

By the way the $500 million is a shell game. C-check cards were pushed out to the line stations, there they generate OT, yet Tulsa is given credit as if they are still doing that work.The value of the C-check cards in manhours/dollars should be subtracted.

Again, that is not my wesbite, it is yours.

You really do think your a lawyer since they put you on the arbitration committee. Your machinist friends have said to me that was the case.

Anyhow the definition of legitimate would fall along the lines of "in accordance with established rules, principles, or standards" and if we stick to that definition, then we do not have change.

Are you for change or do you want to continue the status quo and because there is no official sponsor, then discredit that which you might actually find to be a useful tool for your voting opinions.

Sometimes, our status quo thinking is our worst enemy, and thus we become enemies to ourselves.

You and "Bill" seem to be really close and on the same wave length. I wonder why that is?

Informer, I truly don't know who Bill is. But I think he is pretty intelligent and seems to know what he is talking about.

Why don't we get back on the Topic of this thread of the two "Flag Ships of Tulsa" we now have flying about the system displaying our new achievement. I would like to see all of our stations reaching this goal as Tulsa has. I think it would send a powerful message to our committment to strenghten our airline.

Informer, I truly don't know who Bill is. But I think he is pretty intelligent and seems to know what he is talking about.

Why don't we get back on the Topic of this thread of the two "Flag Ships of Tulsa" we now have flying about the system displaying our new achievement. I would like to see all of our stations reaching this goal as Tulsa has. I think it would send a powerful message to our committment to strenghten our airline.

Get real.

After the intial media coverage, how many paying passengers, or even the general public will see the "Flagship Logos" and even know what they represent?

I think many are fooled by Company propaganda into a belief that somehow, like a TWU t-shirt with a slogan, that a logo on a aircraft actually makes a bit of difference.

I think you are living inside the 46 mile tulsa mental radius if you really think the line stations are going to jump on board the company union, no reward bandwagon. Tulsa base has used nothing more than fear and exagerations during this whole process. Line Maintenance has neither the Tulsa fear, nor the lack of intelligence to not see through the smoke screen.

Get real.

After the intial media coverage, how many paying passengers, or even the general public will see the "Flagship Logos" and even know what they represent?

I think many are fooled by Company propaganda into a belief that somehow, like a TWU t-shirt with a slogan, that a logo on a aircraft actually makes a bit of difference.

I think you are living inside the 46 mile tulsa mental radius if you really think the line stations are going to jump on board the company union, no reward bandwagon. Tulsa base has used nothing more than fear and exagerations during this whole process. Line Maintenance has neither the Tulsa fear, nor the lack of intelligence to not see through the smoke screen.

All it would take is a "flurry to the media", when the time is right. Alot of our passengers do watch television, and many carry newspapers onto our flights.

All it would take is a "flurry to the media", when the time is right. Alot of our passengers do watch television, and many carry newspapers onto our flights.

Oh that's right, and then the passenger is ready to fork over extra cash for a ticket to fly your flagship aircraft. I do see how this whole idea can really make a difference.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Are you really to ignorant to understand the logo was placed there for your mental benefit, not to benefit the passenger or create revenue?

Oh that's right, and then the passenger is ready to fork over extra cash for a ticket to fly your flagship aircraft. I do see how this whole idea can really make a difference.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Your welcome, Only trying to help.

Are you really to ignorant to understand the logo was placed there for your mental benefit, not to benefit the passenger or create revenue?

Is it really ignorance, or brainwashing with heavy doses of koolaid? probably a combination.

Theres one born every minute, Jonestown comes to mind.

Latest posts