Fleet Service is the IAM whippin' post

Well they can classify me as "unskilled" labor but I beg to differ with them on that. Fleet has a lot of power that no one understands. It's sad but the company thinks they can replace us in a heartbeat. Well they might be able to but heck they are having a hard time filling attrition. Parker and the boys need to get off the barstool and work with us for a fair contract. In fact, they need to stay out of the bars and work with every group. I am tired of this East/West thing. I know the West needs better quick but please don't bite for the minnows when there might be a bigger fish. We need to all come together and work on the same page. Remember, these planes won't fly without US.

Just my 2 cents worth

planemx
"When it came to this offer the union never told its members what they were asking for - so we never knew what we weren't going to get....the company put out a letter stating what was offered to the union and NOT offered to the members for a vote."

you got to remember thats the IAM way WE negotiate in secrecy so that way the MEMBERS don't know how they are getting screwed

at least the CWA gave weekly updates on what was going on.

District 142 Web page

For M&R go to US Airways and there was a bulletin put out each week during negotiations.

And I will tell you this, from experience, there were times that you T/Aed an article and then the company would go back and not agree.

So if you were told you are gonna get $5 an raise and we put it out then the company backed out, who would you blame?

700: I just wrote a post explaining everything anyone would want to know
about our current situation. Then I erased it when I realized that we are not
going to agree on the fundamental vission of what should happen.

Here' just an example of what I would like to see. The company negotiators
go back to debrief the boss bitchin and moaning about how 141 went back
on that $5 consession they agreed to in writing a week ago.

understand completely what your saying. If management see's the break rooms jumping for joy over a 3.00 hr raise

and the neg team is still trying to get 5.00 it erodes there stand . Don't have a problem with that.

The problem I do have .. NOT knowing ANYTHING going into NEG . as to what OUR NEG team is asking for and WHAT OUR NEG

is willing to GIVE up on our behalf. thats where I have a problem. Canale said he had surveys out. THAT was a load of B/S

Everyone I talk to over the system never heard or saw such a thing.

I agree with you I dont like not informing the membership, but some days there is really nothing to report.

But the members need to be informed on what is going on, and I know M&R did surveys, I dont remember fleet doing one.

And as long as you are US, you will be second fiddle in 141.

I've seen many people attend ''Placid''
and come back with all intentions of staying in the loop to be groomed and elevated in the buisness
we call the IAM.

Isthisok-
I completely agree with you and its' always nice to see the IAM loyalist combing the web
site to defend thier precious ''golden idol''. ''Placid'' really thats thier education diploma. Now, they'll
come on here and defend a cult..........

Thanks

Perceive as you wish .....the ones I know and ones I participated with used their education at the "Manson Compound" to help and to further the members and their understanding of how the solidarity experience benefits all.These days,many such as yourself; have no use for these things and think you can all do so much better on your own.You remind me of all the foolish ones who protest about Harry Potter movies who have not gone inside and seen for yourselves.I pity those types.

And Placid Harbor's Leadership classes are accredited and worth college credits and they participate in the National Labor College through the George Meany Center.

700 you and Dell Dude are supporting perserverances' argument by instead of educating the readers
you two defend the ''manson compound''. That is exactly what a cult member would do, circle the wagons ,riducle anyone who questions your intent. You can get an education anywhere, yet by going to ''placid'' you get a IAM education. Tell me what else would they graduate but rah, rah, IAM supporters.
I think you can sue for ''Stocholm Syndrome''.

bob