Flight 807 CLT-HNL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope777

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Looks as if 807 will be stopping in LAX for Fuel.

Guess the B767 wont be making the CLT-HNL Non-Stop much in the Winter Months.

Diverted
This flight has been diverted to Los Angeles, CA. Estimated time of arrival into Honolulu, HI is 4:14 PM.

Looks as if 807 will be stopping in LAX for Fuel.

Guess the B767 wont be making the CLT-HNL Non-Stop much in the Winter Months.

Diverted
This flight has been diverted to Los Angeles, CA. Estimated time of arrival into Honolulu, HI is 4:14 PM.

Why did they stop in LA? Isn't there a BP on Catalina Island?

Hmm. Here in PHX they've recently added a 767 block to the J-line of at least one gate "just in case of diversions"...

Interesting. How can that be when the 767 is east equipment? I live for the day when we all can work all of the equipment, but that day has yet to come.

Interesting. How can that be when the 767 is east equipment?

What does that have to do with a "block", which is a spot on the pavement where the nosewheel comes to rest on the "J" line, which is the yellow line the pilot puts the nosewheel on to taxi into the gate where the "block" is?

:rolleyes:

What does that have to do with a "block", which is a spot on the pavement where the nosewheel comes to rest on the "J" line, which is the yellow line the pilot puts the nosewheel on to taxi into the gate where the "block" is?

LOL...obviously the result of 2 different departments using the same lingo for 2 totally different things.....In Inflight a "Block" refers to a line of scheduled flying....and "J" line is an actual F/A extra position. B)

I don't knkow what your understanding of a block is, but in east lingo, in casr you don't know it's a line of flying. I don't know about the "J" line and nosewheel stuff in your context, but in my understanding of a "block" how can a 767 block be built out of PHX when the 76 is east metal?

I thought the 762 had the range easily.......is this just a bad day for weather.

Guess the jetstream is pretty bad this week. I've heard that domestic flights have been hit by 100kt plus headwinds going westward. When flights are barely making PHL-SAN nonstop then you know winds aloft are pretty bad.

On other terms CLT could be very backed up tommrow afternoon and tommrow night b/c of the rare snowstorm coming through supposedly.

Well Looks as if Delta's ATL-HNL is making it Non-Stop. They use the A330-300 on the Route.

Anyone remember when Piedmont did some Proving Runs LAX-HNL ?

I don't knkow what your understanding of a block is, but in east lingo, in casr you don't know it's a line of flying. I don't know about the "J" line and nosewheel stuff in your context, but in my understanding of a "block" how can a 767 block be built out of PHX when the 76 is east metal?

Ok, let's see if you can follow...

The original thread is about the "Pit Stop" in LAX...

Then, ChockJocky wrote "Hmm. Here in PHX they've recently added a 767 block to the J-line of at least one gate "just in case of diversions"... "

So, it seems his/her statement was questioning why they diverted to LAX vs PHX since there is now a "J line" that leads to a "block" and could have accomidated the diverting 767...

You said, "Interesting. How can that be when the 767 is east equipment? I live for the day when we all can work all of the equipment, but that day has yet to come."

Then I said, "What does that have to do with a "block", which is a spot on the pavement where the nosewheel comes to rest on the "J" line, which is the yellow line the pilot puts the nosewheel on to taxi into the gate where the "block" is?"

Which you have no answer for...

However, if you just read the response by Whatnow, along with my explaination, you may possibly figure it out.

Hope this helps...

:blink:

This is what makes us F/As look stupid.

This has nothing to do with a "block" of flying, which,'Bother Way', is a term that is exclusive to US Airways (East). Everyone else in the industry calls this a LINE of flying.

This block is a physical thing that has to do with parking an airplane at a gate. You know, the big thing with wings? They are allowed to fly and park anywhere, regardless of who crews them. The PHX hub (as in the airport, not the domicile for F/As) is painting parking places for the 767 in preparations for diversions on the HNL flight.

It's not all about F/As and our scheduling system for crews. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts