Already pre-scheduling 321 fuel stops?

You are starting to resemble your avatar in every way imaginable. In fact, now that our favorite Spinmeister has been sent to the cornfield by USAirways management, I crown you as his replacement.

You didn't answer my question, in your heated effort to discredit me. Why did you refuse to take the trip without an IRO? We fly around Class II airspace every day with no IRO. Maybe you are the one that needs to brush up on the regs.

The regs state that any leg over 8 hours requires more than two pilots.

An EOW (equipped aircraft over water) PHL to SJU is scheduled less than 8 hours, and requires two pilots, minimum.

A NON-EOW aircraft, 321 and NON-EOW 757 may not transit class II airspace and require a trip down to the bahamas, then over to SJU, total time, over 8 hours. They must remain within 162 nautical miles from any dry land (mean low water). That extra distance would require an extra pilot, commonly referred to as an IRO.

You would benefit by reading the FARs as there are a lot of extra gotchas within the regs.

Try enhancing your skills rather than shoving your ignorance under the nearest carpet because it really demeans you, and the rest of us that call you "brother".

Interesting that the poster you condemn to the cornfield would never have made the potentially fatal mistake you seem intent on defending.

Thank you for the FAR refresher. It was refreshing.

But again, you didn't answer my question.

The company probably scheduled the flight for under 8 hours round trip, because OCC ran the flight plans and found that it could be accomplished with 2 pilots legally.

No one is smarter than you are, we pale in the light of your aeronautical knowledge and airmanship. Thank you, oh omnipotent master of the skies.

The company probably scheduled the flight for under 8 hours round trip, because OCC ran the flight plans and found that it could be accomplished with 2 pilots legally.

The flight, with an EOW, was indeed scheduled for less than 8 hours. They then tried to "justify" running a NON-EOW airplane with 2 pilots which made it illegal (8+20) without an IRO, so, your second statement was false. and a lie.

I, apparently, know the rules, and you, apparently, don't. It is morons like you who refuse to educate yourselves that will kill the airline. Too bad so many good employees will lose their jobs just because you are so lazy.

Thanks for the kind words. You are a mean spirited, bitter person who really needs help, I fear.

I hope the rest of your career is not a continuing disappointment.

Happy Thanksgiving.

A NON-EOW aircraft, 321 and NON-EOW 757 may not transit class II airspace and require a trip down to the bahamas, then over to SJU, total time, over 8 hours. They must remain within 162 nautical miles from any dry land (mean low water). That extra distance would require an extra pilot, commonly referred to as an IRO.
I'm confused. I looked up PHL-SJU and it is 1576 miles. Even if you took a indirect route along the coast, it couldn't be more than 2000 miles. (PHL-MIA is 1013 miles and MIA-SJU is 1045 miles.) So how could it be over 8 hours? Or am I missing something here?

you can't fly direct PHL-SJU without overwater equipment. So you basicly have to fly direct to NAS/FPO then cut over... phl-nas/fpo is about 2.5 hours and from the turn east is about a 2 hour flight from that point.

I believe that's why a lot of the 737-400s were equipped with rafts & tv's -- because I believe they flew direct from CLT/PHL to the caribbean destinations that were all announced in the mid 90s.