Already pre-scheduling 321 fuel stops?

the 321's are EOW, so they can fly nearly direct TPA-PHX right?

I thought that was one reason for moving the FLA - PHX/LAS flts to the "East" because the aircraft don't have to hug the coast like the other airlines.

Uh, maybe. Likely not. Unless they just changed things, the US 321 has no life rafts and no HF radios. Not that that wouldn't stop the give-away kings (the signees of the ACPC newsletter) from trying class II airspace anyway, yet again.
Note: you better hug the shore with a US 321 PHL->SJU. BTW, that would also require an IRO. Not that those morons pay attention to rules anyway. "Hey, gotta save the company money......."

All of the 321 are non-EOW. If you put anything else on those things they'll fall out of the sky. They are for short to midcon routes, not transcon.

All of the 321 are non-EOW. If you put anything else on those things they'll fall out of the sky. They are for short to midcon routes, not transcon.

perhaps that is why they can't bring back glassware and decent catering in FC????

I hear we are switching to popcorn and circus peanuts so we can put four seats in place of the mid lav.

My something new learned today.......I didn't know the 321's weren't non-oceanic capable. They'll send them transcon but heaven forbid they equip them to cut the corners to S. Florida, Caribbean, and across the corner of the Gulf.

Jim

All the CLT-LAX flights are showing 5:27-5:35 flight times (both 320s and 321s). The schedule for tomorrow is showing the same times as on the 30th of Dec so I dont know what they changed to add an hour to the arrival time. It shows the early am flight (also a 321) has a 90% ontime even though the later flight you're booked on is only showing 50%. My guess would be that the later flight has more late conx to hold for or the routing of the plane just has it running late more often than the am flight.

Tad,

When we were rebooked onto 733, it was 6:15 - 8:00. Then it was pushed to an 8:11 arrival and now it's 8:42. Through all of this they NEVER changed the departure time. The only thing I can think of besides the fuel stop is that there is any construction going on at CLT? The only thing going on here at LAX is construction of the new center taxiway between 25L & 25R, which doesn't affect arrivals.

When we were rebooked onto 733, it was 6:15 - 8:00.
Kinda makes ya wonder - that's 4:45 gate to gate. Even the 8:11 arrival is only 4:56 gate to gate. Neither sounds particularly realistic going westbound. The 8:42 arrival time sounds more realistic - 5:27 gate to gate. Sounds like someone screwed up the first two times and finally got it about right the third (isn't that the Tempe way....).

Jim

My something new learned today.......I didn't know the 321's weren't non-oceanic capable. They'll send them transcon but heaven forbid they equip them to cut the corners to S. Florida, Caribbean, and across the corner of the Gulf.

Jim

Yeah.

Three years ago US did an equipment sub, 321 for 330 from PHL to SJU. The assigned capt, rightly so requested an IRO. Every single department denied him an IRO so he ended up being replaced. Feds ended up getting called (my call) and found US had been violating FARs all summer long, not only, twelve morons had taken 321s through class II airspace, five of which are signees on the ACPC newsletter.

Why are those five on the property? Still?

Yeah.

Three years ago US did an equipment sub, 321 for 330 from PHL to SJU. The assigned capt, rightly so requested an IRO. Every single department denied him an IRO so he ended up being replaced. Feds ended up getting called (my call) and found US had been violating FARs all summer long, not only, twelve morons had taken 321s through class II airspace, five of which are signees on the ACPC newsletter.

Why are those five on the property? Still?

People that live in glass houses should not throw stones.

I'm sure you have never made a mistake in aviation and therefore are the best pilot in the world.

One might ask, why are YOU still here given your vitriol for your employer. NetJets, FlexJets, and a pletheora of international carriers would pay dearly to have an aviator of your caliber in their ranks.

USAirways currently flys PHL-SJU on the A319EOW/A320/A330 with no IRO. Often a B757/B767 is substituted, also with no IRO. Why was said Captain so righteous about an IRO?

I'm sure you have never made a mistake in aviation and therefore are the best pilot in the world.

One might ask, why are YOU still here given your vitriol for your employer. NetJets, FlexJets, and a pletheora of international carriers would pay dearly to have an aviator of your caliber in their ranks.

USAirways currently flys PHL-SJU on the A319EOW/A320/A330 with no IRO. Often a B757/B767 is substituted, also with no IRO. Why was said Captain so righteous about an IRO?

Actually, too bad to hit a nerve with you. Your response is so like, "DID NOT!"

Look, you either tried to get away with something or were just ignorant of the rules. Like the moron diverting into Hilo, I would hope you were ignorant. Either way, you placed the entire livelihood of US at risk.

And, yes, the company still attempts to use NON-EOW 757 in class II airspace.

About vitrol. It is rarely directed at the employer, and is mainly directed at the fellow employees that could not care to practice a safe operation.

Yes, the company regularly flys the EOW 319/320/330/757 PHL/SJU. Good for them. They also regularly attempt to use a NON-EOW 321/757 through class II airspace. That, my friend, is illegal. Flying either aircraft around class II airspace requires an IRO.

You may wish to start reading FARs, especially as they pertain to overwater operations because you seem pretty deficient in that area.

Actually, too bad to hit a nerve with you. Your response is so like, "DID NOT!"

Look, you either tried to get away with something or were just ignorant of the rules. Like the moron diverting into Hilo, I would hope you were ignorant. Either way, you placed the entire livelihood of US at risk.

And, yes, the company still attempts to use NON-EOW 757 in class II airspace.

About vitrol. It is rarely directed at the employer, and is mainly directed at the fellow employees that could not care to practice a safe operation.

Yes, the company regularly flys the EOW 319/320/330/757 PHL/SJU. Good for them. They also regularly attempt to use a NON-EOW 321/757 through class II airspace. That, my friend, is illegal. Flying either aircraft around class II airspace requires an IRO.

You may wish to start reading FARs, especially as they pertain to overwater operations because you seem pretty deficient in that area.

You are starting to resemble your avatar in every way imaginable. In fact, now that our favorite Spinmeister has been sent to the cornfield by USAirways management, I crown you as his replacement.

You didn't answer my question, in your heated effort to discredit me. Why did you refuse to take the trip without an IRO? We fly around Class II airspace every day with no IRO. Maybe you are the one that needs to brush up on the regs.