Flight Attendant Jump Seats

Im not sure if this is correct, but I think UA's Pilots can ride ride on cabin jumpseats. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Diesel8 said:
But, if you do not want it, then I guess that is your choice, just make sure you say as much, when I am the last plane out of town that evening, the J/S is the only seat left and you are trying to go home.
I am not worried!! I CAN ride the jumpseat!!!

Also, flight deck is MUCH different than a cabin jumpseat.

tadjr said:
I'm not even going to get started debating this thread, but I would like to add my THANKS to any crewmember who TAKES a jumpseat on a full flight instead of sitting in the cabin. I know its a pain to have to help if in uniform, but it is a nice gesture to your fellow employees (or your mom or dad) to take this seat that only you can sit in it so someone else can get on.
I know of a couple of commuters from my city who refuse to take it when there are seats available and we've left people behind because of that. I just hope what goes around comes around some day to their parents left behind.
We are talking about flight attendants from other airlines and non-flight attendant employees of US Airways. A US flight attendant is a different story.

Seniority is there for a reason. Why should someone more senior sit in an uncomfortable j/s for a few hours while someone else is comfortable when they don't have to sit in the jumpseat?

Don't start the commuter crap. I am well aware of that and it is the commuters CHOICE TO COMMUTE.

What one LCC does (I'm not going to say who because I don't want the competition!) is takes one "other airline" pilot and one "other airline" flight attendant for free and puts them in open passengers seats. They are considered jumpseaters but do not really occupy a jumpseat. If there are still seats open and more "other airline" crewmembers waiting, they are also taken but if they are not the first ones then they have to pay $25.00. I hope this keeps up because as far as I know, we don't reciprocate, which sucks for them. US Airways could easily take extra "jumpseaters" but they would sit in the cabin. Of course, there's a fair to midland chance that some of the agents and flight attendants would treat them poorly since we don't even know how to treat our own nicely here. (I know, I know, there are exceptions and I appreciate those people!) Overall we really need to adjust our attitudes here. I don't like to pester anyone but I shouldn't get knots in my stomach before approaching a gate agent to ask a question.

Having employees from other departments sit on the actual jumpseat probably works okay at Southwest. Unfortunately, the folks here at US don't tend to think in that "needs of the many" sort of way. I think it's partly our airline's culture. I remember working at Continental and we let Continental Express stews ride with us on our jumpseats. Not here at happy ol' USAirways, though. Anyway, I like the idea of taking jumpseaters and putting them in coach seats. Who needs to deal with ID90's if they don't have to?

Ok, what did I miss here...when you say 'jumpseat', do you mean actual jumpseat in the cabin with pilot/co-pilot, or the jumpseat outside the deck... For those who proudly serve our country, the option is always open to fly in the cockpit with the pilots on military aircraft....aircrew or not. Talking about an exhilerating feeling for us non-flyers.

night-ice

The discussion is about cabin jumpseats for flight attendants. Although I'm sure there could be an equally long thread with people trying to justify a non-pilot sitting in a flight deck jumpseat.

:rolleyes:

Hey everyone, heres's some news... maybe anyone who desires can jumpseat on a Mesa Airlines cabin jumpseat- see the other post- apparently their flight attendants dont feel the need to sit in them, and anyone could probably act more professional!

B)

Light Years....

OH MY GOD !!! THAT WAS GREAT !!!!! GOT A HUGE LAUGH OUT OF THAT

Maybe I can finally find a way to visit Friends and Family when Mesa's in an OVERSOLD situation..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back