Flight Attendant Staffing Shortages

Did I miss something here? What are you all talking about? Getting rid of bid sheet? What bid sheet? Is this an East thing? Can someone fill me in? Thanks!

Yea, get rid of the Bid Sheet.... Right....
Maybe you think we should eliminate lines of flying all together and everyone is a reserve?
Then everyone is on the same page at all those times you mentioned.... Right...

NOT....

Now it's the end...

Just my opinion...
obviously Dude...

you have not worked for an airline w/o a bid sheet....

I suggest you go try it.... the company would like no more than to get rid of the bidsheet....

They hate it.... but we have fought for years to keep it.... so I say... go work for another airline...

and leave our bidsheet here...

IMho

How many bites at the apple do you think a select group should get? Why even bid for anything when your going to undo it 365 days a year 24 hours prior? Great perk but people are suffering! If we exchange that for better work rules and a new rsv system, you would still be opposed? That sounds incredibly selfish. I say cash the chip in.

Did I miss something here? What are you all talking about? Getting rid of bid sheet? What bid sheet? Is this an East thing? Can someone fill me in? Thanks!
I think the whippersnappers are afraid of bed sheets, not bid sheets.

Look! Here comes one now, and he’s going to chain you to your beeper forever!

7wifh372h6d.jpg

How many bites at the apple do you think a select group should get? Why even bid for anything when your going to undo it 365 days a year 24 hours prior? Great perk but people are suffering! If we exchange that for better work rules and a new rsv system, you would still be opposed? That sounds incredibly selfish. I say cash the chip in.
Beach I couldn't have said it better myself. The select group has NO IDEA on how this affects the rest of us. I don't believe getting rid of the bid sheet would end all problems as the system we have now is such a hodge podge, cherry picked, patch job system. We need a new way of doing things from the top down. Automate scheduling for the majority too. It's silly to have open time trips not covered and scrambling to find reserves to fill them. THEN a storm rolls in and the "reserves" (ya know the ones that SHOULD be used for bad weather etc) are not available. It's insane. I mean really look around. 11 years reserve? It doesn't take Stevie Wonder to see there's a problem. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back