Flight Attendants now free to Unionize at Delta

Dapoes,
Since the lawyer in you comes out when you share your expertise regarding the BK process........why dont you explain to all of us about the "KEEP DELTA MY DELTA" campain. Just whos interest did fending off the purchase attempt by USAIR serve?. Certainly not the shareholders, or the creditors. MMMmm. it did serve a management team who believed the BK process was a "tool", or "stratagy". It didnt serve certain hedge-funds so well, and you should know the result of that. I think Bagboy is absolutely correct in his belief that ABUSE of the BK code is something that good companies do not, and should not entertain the thought of, doing. Try to remember........ BK is BAD. Wwell-managed, creative companies who manage through the economic cylces of their respective businesses are GOOD. What road do you think the "New" Delta will be taking ?

Your assertions are mere conspiracy theories and random incoherent nonsense.

Thats some spin there Kev.

No spin, just reality. Fact is, were it not for this lawsuit, we'd both be getting ready to vote.

You live in a world that a company should roll over in submission for the unions and the company should go quetly. Thats not the real world.

There you go putting words in my mouth again....

No, I live in a world where if you give your word, you abide by it. DL has willfully ignored their pledge before Congress. There is a fine line between defending your business and carrier interference. DL has been high hurdling it...

Tell yourself whatever you have to so you can sleep at night. Delta used the system, along with NWA, to fund this bastard ass merger. They F**KED their creditors and never paid back fully what was due to them. I may have missed the mark on GM and others paying their loans back, in full, and early(GM), but I doubt it. The next time you choose to use the auto industry as an example of an industry being held up by the unions and government run corporate welfare, look no farther than your own management, company and each pay check you cash.

AMEN!!

Your assertions are mere conspiracy theories and random incoherent nonsense.

You might need to check out the Squaw Box clip when they spoke to R.Anderson about the auto industry and how his look on BK.

http://ori.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=971778580&play=1

ANDERSON BREAKS CONTRACTS!!!

No spin, just reality. Fact is, were it not for this lawsuit, we'd both be getting ready to vote.
You (obviously) failed to answer the rest of that sentence....What about when AFA was dragging their heels for months to try to game the system in their favor? Would you say that AFA was denying my right to vote? Or how the NMB had to chew on the proposal for months? Where they denying my right to vote?

There you go putting words in my mouth again....
No, I live in a world where if you give your word, you abide by it. DL has willfully ignored their pledge before Congress. There is a fine line between defending your business and carrier interference. DL has been high hurdling it...
He is not impeding the workers right to choose representation. Rather challenging a change by the NMB who has overstepped their authority.

You might need to check out the Squaw Box clip when they spoke to R.Anderson about the auto industry and how his look on BK.

http://ori.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=971778580&play=1

ANDERSON BREAKS CONTRACTS!!!

So what? The other option would be a defunct company like TWA and you would be out on the street. The BK saved the company and the thousands of employees livelihood. Was it painful? Of course, but the other option would be the unemployment line for thousands. Somehow you think the airline industry is made of unicorns and white fluffy clouds. It never was.

You (obviously) failed to answer the rest of that sentence....What about when AFA was dragging their heels for months to try to game the system in their favor? Would you say that AFA was denying my right to vote? Or how the NMB had to chew on the proposal for months? Where they denying my right to vote?

It wasn't the AFA (or IAM) issuing memo after memo saying that "if it were up to us, you'd all vote right now." Both unions said they'd refile for Single Transportation System requests as soon as the NMB rule change went into effect. Who's taking it to court? DL, it's representative, the ATA, and 5 chumps who think they belong on the cross w/ Joan of Arc.

He is not impeding the workers right to choose representation. Rather challenging a change by the NMB who has overstepped their authority.

Who is "he?"

It wasn't the AFA (or IAM) issuing memo after memo saying that "if it were up to us, you'd all vote right now." Both unions said they'd refile for Single Transportation System requests as soon as the NMB rule change went into effect. Who's taking it to court? DL, it's representative, the ATA, and 5 chumps who think they belong on the cross w/ Joan of Arc.
Oh ok I see, its ok for the union to force delays for their potential benefit, but the not the company? Really? Wow!

Who is "he?"
Anderson, the company, etc.

So what? The other option would be a defunct company like TWA and you would be out on the street. The BK saved the company and the thousands of employees livelihood. Was it painful? Of course, but the other option would be the unemployment line for thousands. Somehow you think the airline industry is made of unicorns and white fluffy clouds. It never was.

What world are you living on or should I say, who are you WoRkinG for? BK saved the company and thousands of employees livelihood? I can't believe you were able too type that comment. Since BK we have seen more ready reserves on the ramp, more DGS in the hanger and filling more and more Merit jobs. Tell them dapoes how Richard did the NW employees in MSP. How he gave them the choice to move to ATL or not have a job? I Thought the Merger would bring more job security? What happen to keep delta my delta that was pushing away from a merger? I am talking in circle with you dapoes because you work for delta and your job is to do what you are doing now, confuse the workers who are unsure about unions.

JUNE 13, 2008

Delta had 55,044 total full-time employees as of the end of last year. Excluding the current round of cuts, Delta has announced it would cut up to 33,000 jobs since 2001.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25141092/

SEPT 15, 2005

Delta also suffered the distraction of an executive pay controversy in 2003, when it disclosed that top executives took big bonuses and set up bankruptcy-proof pension trust funds for themselves amid mounting losses. A subsequent management overhaul delayed a critical pilot pay cut deal and serious restructuring moves.

http://www.american-buddha.com/katrina.deltafilesbankruptcy.htm

Meh, it is what is it. If your so unhappy about, no one is holding you back from making a change.

"Obviously you have no understanding of Chapter 11 BK is. Do you even know what a BK Judge role is?"

I understand it as I lived through it. When I would turn to local vendors that supported our company for years, I would have to hang my head in shame after they would tell me to get lost, due to the financial raping that NWA/DAL had given them. I witnessed the "Restructuring" first hand on the ground, not on Deltanet. Do you believe that the timing of BK between both carriers was simply a coincidence? Most wouldn't admit to it but I bet you will.

"Obviously you have no understanding of Chapter 11 BK is. Do you even know what a BK Judge role is?"

I understand it as I lived through it. When I would turn to local vendors that supported our company for years, I would have to hang my head in shame after they would tell me to get lost, due to the financial raping that NWA/DAL had given them. I witnessed the "Restructuring" first hand on the ground, not on Deltanet. Do you believe that the timing of BK between both carriers was simply a coincidence? Most wouldn't admit to it but I bet you will.
No you don't, you haven't a clue what the Chapter 11 process is all about. The BK judge is not your friend, if he notices anything that would indicate malfeasance, then the judge would have acted accordingly. Your naiveté of process leads you to believe that they initiate BK process to escape from something, however you fail to realize that the BK judge dictates the process and ant company who files, is at the mercy of the BK judge.

The BK judge is not your friend, if he notices anything that would indicate malfeasance, then the judge would have acted accordingly. Your naiveté of process leads you to believe that they initiate BK process to escape from something, however you fail to realize that the BK judge dictates the process and ant company who files, is at the mercy of the BK judge.

"A bankruptcy judge has admonished the chief financial officer of Delta Air Lines Inc. for a stock buyback program in effect between 1996 and 2000."

"Beatty lambasted Delta for spending $2.4 billion to repurchase its shares. "It is a question of if you had that money rather than had spent it that way, you might not be in the position you are in," she said, according to the AP."

http://www.cfo.com/article.cfm/5242767?f=related

In the December 20, 2008 edition of the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Richard Anderson says, "A bankruptcy court is a court of equity and it has very broad powers to assist you in terminating contracts and restructuring your costs."

"A bankruptcy judge has admonished the chief financial officer of Delta Air Lines Inc. for a stock buyback program in effect between 1996 and 2000."

"Beatty lambasted Delta for spending $2.4 billion to repurchase its shares. "It is a question of if you had that money rather than had spent it that way, you might not be in the position you are in," she said, according to the AP."

http://www.cfo.com/article.cfm/5242767?f=related
See, the judge is doing it job as he should. And he is probably correct, it most likely was not a smart decision to do the stock buyback.

In the December 20, 2008 edition of the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Richard Anderson says, "A bankruptcy court is a court of equity and it has very broad powers to assist you in terminating contracts and restructuring your costs."
100% true and valid statement for any company going through BK. It is not unique to DAL.

Meh, it is what is it. If your so unhappy about, no one is holding you back from making a change.

Unhappy? We care about our company, and understand that "PEOPLE" make the company. Not a 4 to 5 year C.E.O.

"Take care of the employees, and the employees will take care of the customers".

It will be different dapoes if you didn't know the truth, but you do and they pay you to confuse those who ask for the truth.

Once again you come up with "If you don't like it, leave". That what people say when someone speaks the truth at Delta.
So thanks dapoes for understanding and realizing the truth, too bad it won't set "YOU" free

Back