Flight Cancellations

USAirBoyA330

Veteran
Aug 23, 2002
I received a call from crew scheduling this afternoon requesting I work my OFF day since they were "critically short." Against my better judgment I decided to chip in and still after 55 more Flight Attendants gave up there OFF time to pitch in, 53 open trips remain open in PHL alone for 12/24. The result will be massive flight cancellations tomorrow and I feel really bad for the passengers. There is NO Excuse and the Director of Scheduling and Crew Planning heads should roll. My first instinct is to teach them a lesson and let them flounder but, I would just be punishing the passengers. They never ever learn. Where the heck is the accountability?! :down:

USAirBoyA330 said:
Against my better judgment I decided to chip in and still after 55 more Flight Attendants gave up there OFF time to pitch in, 53 open trips remain open in PHL alone for 12/24. The result will be massive flight cancellations tomorrow and I feel really bad for the passengers.

You did the right thing. This IS all about the passengers, and I could not think of a better time to "help out." You are right. Somebody should lose their job if the shortages cause massive cancels. Best. Greeter.

USAirBoyA330 said:
I received a call from crew scheduling this afternoon requesting I work my OFF day since they were "critically short." Against my better judgment I decided to chip in and still after 55 more Flight Attendants gave up there OFF time to pitch in, 53 open trips remain open in PHL alone for 12/24. The result will be massive flight cancellations tomorrow and I feel really bad for the passengers. There is NO Excuse and the Director of Scheduling and Crew Planning heads should roll. My first instinct is to teach them a lesson and let them flounder but, I would just be punishing the passengers. They never ever learn. Where the heck is the accountability?! :down:
[post="231004"][/post]​

You and others are commended for helping out, however I do NOT feel badly AT ALL. Management is reeping what they have sewed. Sorry, I have given the benefit of the doubt to this company for too long. They got themselves into this mess. Let them get themselves out. Maybe Lakefield and Bronner would like to come to work Christmas day and pitch in. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well im a PHW reserve hoping to make my time this month. I made myself AVV for the 24th in hopes of picking up one of the 9....yes 9 uncoverd CLW trips for tomorrow night. With the DH to and from CLT the CLT-FRA trip I wanted would have payed 21hrs. Pretty nice. Well, when I asked about it, a supervisor in sheduling said they were not giving these trip to out of base FAs. Get this, they are gonna cover the trips...all 9 of them at 5pm tomorrow when a bunch of people come on duty. That should be pretty. Well, I did get get a call later with a PHW trip, so Im not to upset. My point is....if there is an open trip and you dont have any other FAs out there, LET ME TAKE IT!

TransatlanticFlyGuy said:
Well im a PHW reserve hoping to make my time this month. I made myself AVV for the 24th in hopes of picking up one of the 9....yes 9 uncoverd CLW trips for tomorrow night. With the DH to and from CLT the CLT-FRA trip I wanted would have payed 21hrs. Pretty nice. Well, when I asked about it, a supervisor in sheduling said they were not giving these trip to out of base FAs. Get this, they are gonna cover the trips...all 9 of them at 5pm tomorrow when a bunch of people come on duty. That should be pretty. Well, I did get get a call later with a PHW trip, so Im not to upset. My point is....if there is an open trip and you dont have any other FAs out there, LET ME TAKE IT!
[post="231020"][/post]​

Precisely the reason I don't feel bad. Every frikkin' year it's the same whinning from the uppers. PLAN, IDIOTS...PLAN!!! No, it's TOO easy to do what our management team does best...Blame the employees. How tired.
YAWM!!!!!!!!!!

USAirBoyA330 said:
[post="231004"][/post]​

Really. So how did these guys (Scheduling/Crew Planning) screw up? By not planning enough for "holiday illness"?

Sound much more like a co-worker screw up.

CapnCockroach said:
Really. So how did these guys (Scheduling/Crew Planning) screw up? By not planning enough for "holiday illness"?

Sound much more like a co-worker screw up.
[post="231023"][/post]​
Yeah, blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame the flight attendants. :angry: :angry: :down: :down: :down:

cockroach:

Nope...don't even try with that crap. No RSV passing anymore and I counted about the same number of SCK calls as last year at this time. People who fail to plan....plan to fail. Inexcusable...people get sick and it's inexcusable.

This just out on the PIT E-line, and its really serious. Crew sched needs help fast. The sick calls are higher then ever before. No incentive to fly, 21% pay cut, everyone is broke, depressed, and folks would rather stay with loved ones..... this is what managment gets....shame on everyone.

PITbull

Dear Members,

Just FYI....crew scheduling is short for xmas day and xmas eve....

If anyone can volunteer only some of their time to cover trips so they won't cancel, c/s will split trips and work with you for your consideration... Just make yourself available and they will give you what you can do.

This is tough right now, sick calls are in the hundreds, and if we lose money and cancel flights, it won't matter what we ratify, there won' be anything left to salvage.

Thank you for any support you can give crew scheduling, and please pass the word.

Happy Holidays to you and yours and in the coming year....peace.

Teddy
Local 40

I can see this happening over NEW YEARS to, probably the straw that will BREAK THAT CAMELS BACK! CAN YOU SAY LIQUIDATION????? :shock:

Thanks PitBull....

I just called a few minutes ago......going to go where they need me the most tomorrow.....space positive from home.... :)

"If anyone can volunteer only some of their time to cover trips so they won't cancel, c/s will split trips and work with you for your consideration... "

Why would anyone not trust the Company? With the past examples of appreciation and ample amounts of trustfulness what could be the problem?

mrfish3726 said:
I can see this happening over NEW YEARS to, probably the straw that will BREAK THAT CAMELS BACK! CAN YOU SAY LIQUIDATION????? :shock:
[post="231058"][/post]​
Mrfish3726, I think you're right and will go further and say it seems Chaos is not coming to a city near you but coming in your face. Welcome to the fruits of beating employees to death and expecting anything but what you see...reap what you sow...Bye Bye U

"This Just Out...Really Serious....Company Needs Help Fast!"

Are you kidding me? Was this written in 2004? Or 1994? Or was it 1989?

Stop and think for a minute about why this company is where it is.

Unbelieveable.

stupidity

n 1: a poor ability to understand or to profit from experience [ant: intelligence] 2: a stupid mistake [syn: betise, folly, foolishness, imbecility]

Latest posts