Flight Cancellations

Its the lazy answer and attitude to blame mgmt for anyone playing the system to their benefit. Mgmt has its faults, but that is a stretch.

There was a f/a "off sick" at the party I was at last night relaxed and enjoying herself. So someone working in crew sched or planning(mgmt) there on Christmas eve, scrambling to remedy this work ethic, is at fault?

When the company is in turmoil as a manager you get up from your Christmas dinner table with your family and leave. You go into work and do whatever you can do to get the operation back on track. Even if you can do little as a manager your employees see you and your dedication to them and the customers. At a time of a crisis your place is not at your home. It is at work and out of your office and in the trenches. Get off your butt and work through this time.

-I am management and have been for a very long time. I am paid well to do a great job and I do it. God bless U and its employees. Merry Christmas!

(It is reasons like this why I normally do not fly U. Then we can talk about the web site and fare structure. If you beat your kids enough eventually they will throw up on you.)

openview:

Don't lecture me because I am out here working Christmas and made myself AVL on my day off Christmas Eve to come in early! Shame on that F/A but right now management needs to step up to the plate. Blame can be spread around later.
Part of being a VP...Supervisor...Manager, ect is being able to step up and deal with crisis and difficult situations. We run a 24 hour operation and it doesn't stop for Christmas so when a mess occurs on Christmas I expect management and all the VP's to DROP what they are doing and perform as there were hired to do. TAKE OWNERSHIP and do some damage control. That is not happening and for them not doing their job in that respect is just as bad as a ramper, F/A or agent now showing up to work.

UsairBoyA330 I'm not lecturing anyone. And there are many good people doing what's asked and more. Unfortunately, its too often to step up for someone else in situations like these, that just seems to perpetuate.

I flew as a f/a and was in mgmt at US. I was a asked (more directed) while in mgmt to help out in the station over many Thanksgiving & Christmas' and did so many different years. I also have a couple of certificates for going whole years without a sick day. But my mgmt job was eliminated along with thousands of others forcing needed change.

Unfortunatly, what has never changed is the ability of some to blame mgmt in every situation and for the worst employees to continually effect everyone else.

openview-

Your just not getting it and I really don't have the time to explain it again because I have to go out and deal with this mess today. Have a good Christmas Day.

Paging USAirways Management.....Bueller Bueller Bueller......

330 ,

You are right on, Senior management has never been proactive in dealing with the problems and they will not go out to PHL and try to straighten it out and make it better.

It would go a thousand miles if Lakefield and the whole Executive Staff got on the first planes to PHL and give out free round trip tickets to everyone involved and finally hold PHL management and the employees accountable for what has happened. This is not the first time this has happend in PHL, you would think they would have learned by now, just another sign of bad management and why US Airways is in Bankruptcy for the second time in 18 months.

It is no coincidence that U is on bankruptcy for the second time in such a short period. Management’s lack of response to the current situation of the system proves their shortcomings and why I tend to believe that your concessions will not be enough to make up for the ineptness of management.

Lets see its xmas eve and with this weather that blew thru... its 4 am and this express station mgr was the only one to show up.. one other person....finally dug himself out of the snow.. to help.. no crew/no plane.... sorry no room at the inn.. we can find a flight maybe next week for you to be with your family .... what your bag didn't show up .. sorry we fly rjs and they can only carry so much weight,, :shock: but your welcome to look over the 300 + bags that are in front of our bso ... lets see.. lets see another 2 flts NO BAGS gee.. why am i not surprised... I have put in 2 17 hr days, along with my fellow employees that finally made it to work... merry christmas and it willl the same as yesterday.. ....but maybe we can find your bag today..... but you may have to push yourself away from the dinner table. to pick it up.. because it will take anywhere from 12-48 hrs for delivery... :angry:

For all the employees and this manger who came to help his station...

try to have a merry christmas .. :D :D :up:

see ya in the trenches today.... :shock:

Al Crellin should be called on the carpet in front of the BOD...and fired..plain and simple...This is of his making............

He is the Executive Vice President of Operation....

Do you hear us .....Dr. Dave and Bruce....

... There is NO Excuse and the Director of Scheduling and Crew Planning heads should roll. My first instinct is to teach them a lesson and let them flounder but, I would just be punishing the passengers. They never ever learn. Where the heck is the accountability?! :down:
[post="231004"][/post]​
[/quote]

What are you talking about? Why should the Director of Scheduling and/or Crew Planning's heads roll? The only one that should be held accountable is the F/A that called off sick!!!! They should be terminated and let the union fight to get their jobs back. A few weeks without pay will make them think twice before they do it again next year. Will they get their jobs back? Yes, but if you know you are going to get fired every Christmas for calling off and then deal with weeks/months of the union fighting for your job back, I guarantee that you will not do it again.
the only person that you hurt is the customers and fellow employees.

How do the sick calls compare the the historical rate?

More? Less? About the same?

When a credible source puts that out, THEN we can pass judgement.

The company would LOVE to blame employees, to cover up their incompetence.

The unions would LOVE to blame management, to protect their interests.

Some facts, please?

Back