Flights Available for sale PHL-DUB, PHL-SNN

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/5/2003 10:55:16 AM AM49AAA wrote:

Wasn't San Jose, Costa Rica slated for February service?
----------------
[/blockquote]

San Jose, Costa rica was slated for February or March, however, I noticed that it disappeared from the December Attache route map as a future route. Lots of fanfare for the originally announced start up, but no comment so far as I know on the disappearance of this route. I suspect it has hit a snag or is being quietly dumped. Is it in the January Attache route map? Sabre?

ITRADE, do you have any info on this? You seem to always be well on top of the route structure developments.

-Airlineorphan

I did notice the silence with regard to SJO. Flying there may have been highly possible, but the economic studies may not have looked so hot. I know AA flies there; I think that both CO and DL fly there. In fact, IIRC, CO announced expanded service there.[BR][BR]So, US may have looked at it and decided to wait a while before doing anything. I'll note that US has route authorities to fly to a lot of places, but has not exercised its right in many instances.[BR][BR]I'm glad to see the DUB and SNN flights in the computer. I've read that Philadelphia is one of the top 3 metropolitan areas for folks of Irish heritage. And, with no Ireland service out of PHL before this, US should do quite well.

Somebody did an analysis of where all the wide-bodies are flying a month or so ago. It seemed that there were at least two or three unaccounted for.[BR][BR]If you wanted to yank craft, I think LAX and SFO each see one 76 each day.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/5/2003 9:23:56 PM ITRADE wrote:

Somebody did an analysis of where all the wide-bodies are flying a month or so ago. It seemed that there were at least two or three unaccounted for.

If you wanted to yank craft, I think LAX and SFO each see one 76 each day.
----------------
[/blockquote]

I thought the SFO 767 service stopped last winter? (It was great while it lasted though...) Also, the CLT Maint thread indicates that:

Aircraft 647US is being returned to the lease holder because the lessor would not cut a new deal...

So there's one less 767 available.

There is one that overnights daily at LAX to and from CLT. There is also another that goes down to NAS from CLT and there will be one going PHL-CUN-CLT come February. Clearly they have enough to go around, unless they know something we don't.

Didnt we also announce plans for Puerta Playa, Dominican Republic? Its seems i remember thinking three Dominica destinations?!? I went back thru sabre awhile back trying to find the announcement about SJO and Puerta Plata but could not.

US has had several exemptions granted this past year.[BR][BR]United States to Costa Rica - Oct. 16, 2002. The plan was to start CLT-SJO by February 2003.[BR][BR]United States to Grenada.[BR][BR]I remember announcements of intent to start PUJ and LRM service, but could not find the applications.