Future Aircraft Deliveries - What's the real story?

flyguy121

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Oil Surge May Cost Jet makers Orders

Link here:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1214340902...hs&ru=yahoo

Notable Quotes:

"Continental Airlines Inc. and US Airways Group Inc. have relatively large numbers of planes on order and say they are committed to taking them. "

"US Airways: Canceled plans to lease two A330's to augment the 15 new A330's it still intends to buy."

"US Airways 18 months ago "in a different economic climate," decided to get rid of its old 737s, 757s and 767s and order new Airbuses, says Andrew Nocella, senior vice president of schedule planning. The airline is now "looking at a few changes to the order with Airbus" involving deferrals, he says, without disclosing details."

I think they are trying to delay by a year some order but no big change. They started as part of the merger a stratagy of replacing older Aircraft with new, not to grwo the fleet but to make it younger. In light of the current crisis that turned out to be a sound stratagey and has US positioned better than most as far as fleet is consearned.

In light of the current crisis that turned out to be a sound stratagey and has US positioned better than most as far as fleet is consearned.

Oh, that is funny. You can't even shrink to cut costs because you are already the size of shriveled raisin.

I think they are trying to delay by a year some order but no big change. They started as part of the merger a stratagy of replacing older Aircraft with new, not to grwo the fleet but to make it younger. In light of the current crisis that turned out to be a sound stratagey and has US positioned better than most as far as fleet is consearned.
i am not the least bit consearned. :blink:

Wow the typing Police you added a lot to the discussion, thanks!
dribble is dribble is dribble...but, i'll take grammatically correct dribble over rhetoric any day!
nevertheless, glad i could contribute some insight into the discussion! have a blessed day!!

anyway, i just processed nocella's quote through the tempe translator, and it appears that they are attempting to delay new aircraft arrivals into 2010. no reason for consearn, though...selling cokes will save the day!!

Latest posts