Giving Up The Seniority Fight!

firstamendment said:
Inflammatory comments started a loooong time ago as every single time anyone at US Airways defends their position, some jerk either from another airline or someone with VERY few years comes on and rants about how all of us at US should be damn thankful we have a job and should just shut the hell up. So I will NOT apologize until there is a change of tone towards us. I have had it. I have sat back and read and kept my mouth shut. NO MORE!! And it is insulting and sickening to hear someone with a child whine about her doh, considering SHE is the one who decided to accept a job where she knew A. senority rules and/or B. knew having a child with this job as a single parent would be difficult. Perhaps stupid is too kind a word. :blink:
[post="300185"][/post]​

You seem upset and angry. :unsure:

barbeetantrums said:
You seem upset and angry. :unsure:
[post="300214"][/post]​

Yes, she needs one of those nice flights they speak of. You know, Europe or the Caribbean.

Firstamend:

I too have read what some of the OAL lurkers have said on these boards. And yes it can tick you off, but you have to see where they're coming from. They're frustrated that that feline airline called US Airways has used another of it's nine lives to live another day. They have long drooled over the US assets that they can't get their hands on, and the only way they could do so was if US died on the vine. Well, it ain't gonna happen. And they don't give a damn about the employees of HP, but they've tried to divide and conquer both work groups by tossing rhetorical molotov cocktails aimed at derailing any possibilty of a smooth transition. They're miserable because they can't pick over the carcass of a dead US, so they'll try to make the principles in the merger miserable just like they are.

Whereas I disagree with the AFAHP policy on the merger--I also believe they could do a better job of communicating to and leading their membership, by shunning politically expediency for starters--I certainly respect and understand the rank and file's anxiety. This merger is no other airline employee's business but those at HP and US. Both viewpoints from both work groups deserve to be heard, because it is their futures that are directly affected by this transaction. Some of the posters on both sides may say stupid things, but they're neither stupid or smut. And I never suggested that you apologize, but that you should tone it down a bit. Those very HP folks that you're pissed at right now, will soon be sharing a foxhole with you. Save your ammunition for those folks who'd rather undermine your entire livelihood than dilute your seniority.

ebwgs said:
Now that's it's happening so fast they don't quite know how to handle it. I understand that.

[post="300122"][/post]​
My we think alot of ourselves don't we? I bet you rattled off CONDESCENDING in your 5th grade spelling bee. Shall I use it in a sentence for you? :down:

Twicebaked said:
Attempting to end the fight ON THIS FORUM of a few "newbies" who are running scared and are OBVIOUSLY misinformed, probably by the likes of people like you. "The sky is falling, the sky is falling". Let is rest and you and everyone else will be fine.
[post="298986"][/post]​
I am new to this board and I appreciate everyone's input.... we have freedom of speech in this country and I'm thankful for that. That said I would like to know if anyone at US could tell those of us at HP approx how many active FA's you have within the 40+ range, 30+ range, 20+ range? Not that it will make any difference to me with only 7 yrs at AWA but I was just curious.

luvn737s said:
My we think alot of ourselves don't we? I bet you rattled off CONDESCENDING in your 5th grade spelling bee. Shall I use it in a sentence for you? :down:
[post="300323"][/post]​

No, no condescencion here. I'm just relating my own personal experience there. Read it again. It's a really simple read.

hp_fa said:
You have to be kidding....the way you are trying to explain it needs to de done?
You're damn right.
Huh? How do you figure that one?
[post="299219"][/post]​

That would be because about half of the HP flight attendants are senior to me. That puts about 1,300 flight attendants in front of me, therefore pushing me down by that number. HP flight attendants are NOT the only ones that will see their seniority go south. It's not all about you.

Twicebaked said:
That would be because about half of the HP flight attendants are senior to me. That puts about 1,300 flight attendants in front of me, therefore pushing me down by that number. HP flight attendants are NOT the only ones that will see their seniority go south. It's not all about you.
[post="301031"][/post]​

What's going to happen to your relative seniority? That is likely going way up since there are a lot of HP'ers with less then you.

hp_fa said:
What's going to happen to your relative seniority?  That is likely going way up since there are a lot of HP'ers with less then you.
[post="301087"][/post]​

No, do the math. If about half are senior to me.......that leaves about HALF junior to me. Almost every flight attendant in the intergrated system will see it change. They will have people IN FRONT OF and BEHIND THEM. The only people that won't see people BEHIND them is the HP flight attendants with less than 6 years. (That being active flight attendants on the property right now and doesn't include those out on furlough that may be junior to them)
I honestly don't know why I continue to debate this issue with HP flight attendants. DOH will prevail...period!! We all have to just move on with it. US has done many mergers and this issue always worked out.

Twicebaked said:
No, do the math. If about half are senior to me.......that leaves about HALF junior to me. Almost every flight attendant in the intergrated system will see it change. They will have people IN FRONT OF and BEHIND THEM. The only people that won't see people BEHIND them is the HP flight attendants with less than 6 years.
I honestly don't know why I continue to debate this issue with HP flight attendants. DOH will prevail...period!! We all have to just move on with it. US has done many mergers and this issue always worked out.
[post="301184"][/post]​

Well that a well thought out response.... :blink: :rolleyes:

If before the merger you had 5% of the seniority list behind you, and after the merger you have 20% behind you, then, DUH, you recieved a windfall on the backs of the AWA employees. Simply put, It's better to be 200/400 than 150/160. But I'll bet you already know that, you're just trying to make it sound OK to the AWA newbies (translation, women who haven't been through the "change...) for you get a good deal on their backs.

This is what I don't understand:

Do not the HP flight attendents determine their own seniority by DOH?

Do not the HP flight attendents intend to continue to determine their seniority amongst themselves after the merger by DOH?

If so, then on what basis do they wish to have colleagues that do not enjoy their full date of hire seniority?

I can understand them promoting some other 'fair' methodology, but havent they acknowledged that determining seniority by DOH is fair?

I don't care, but I find it logically confusing.. oh and I'm told that their union told them that future mergers would be handled by DOH.

Busdrvr said:
Well that a well thought out response.... :blink: :rolleyes:

If before the merger you had 5% of the seniority list behind you, and after the merger you have 20% behind you, then, DUH, you recieved a windfall on the backs of the AWA employees. Simply put, It's better to be 200/400 than 150/160. But I'll bet you already know that, you're just trying to make it sound OK to the AWA newbies (translation, women who haven't been through the "change...) for you get a good deal on their backs.
[post="301186"][/post]​

Not that I need to respond to YOU since I wasn't speaking to YOU, but my point is my number will go up about the same amount it will go down. I am not worried about your 150/160 whatever. What is fair if fair. Many of us are losing and gaining.

By the way, you are correct that it WAS (a word you missed) a well thought response as my THOUGHT is still the same DOH will prevail and I am over the discussion.

RowUnderDCA said:
I can understand them promoting some other 'fair' methodology, but havent they acknowledged that determining seniority by DOH is fair?

I don't care, but I find it logically confusing.. oh and I'm told that their union told them that future mergers would be handled by DOH.
[post="301188"][/post]​

It's not fair due to several things:

1. HP is hiring, US is firing. There is no such beast as a 2 year FA at US.

2. The 5 year FA at HP has a pretty good deal. The 12 year FA at US is probably still on reserve.

Career expectations are better at HP than at US.

Latest posts