Guess they'll be calling B/H......

missthe727

Senior
Dec 19, 2006
well, the friggin' bid sheet has done it AGAIN !!!! This can't be blamed on RSVs calling in sick if you ask me. Yes, the number of sick calls is up as it always is for this time of year but when you look at it there are a TON of reserves out flying...even if they didn't have the SCK calls they got I don't think they'd be able to cover the trips they have left.

There is no page to see how many B/H called in SCK but I still say it's the bidshhet with them being able to touch and drop over the holiday. They have now gone through all the reserves for tomorrow and very few ROC'd....

PIT--8 positions left
PHL-31 positions left
CLT-49 positions left
LGA-3 positions left
DCA 7 positions left

Glad I'm already out on a trip but I wouldn't put it past them to jack our crew around because they don't have the coverage and don't have a clue how to schedule an airline....you'd think Tempe would be pushing for a new contract to get rid of the bid sheet.........

just my opinion.....

Trust me, if they can find a way to screw you over, they will. They aren't called screw scheduling for nothing! I was awarded a trip from future that had a long overnight where I live and a couple hours later scheduling called me back and told me that they were assigning me a different trip with an early morning departure (check in was 4:30am). OK, you can imagine how p!ssed off I was and I was literally screaming and crying I was so enraged. :rant: I'm surprised someone didn't call the cops for murder or assault at my crash pad because I was screaming in fury. Then this morning the other flight attendant on my trip who was also pulled from her trip which also had a long overnight on Christmas where her family lives was just as angry and we were p!ssing and moaning all morning long. Luckily the crew room sleepers didn't throw chairs at us! We were loud. The other f/a on the trip was afraid to talk to us because we were so angry. Ha! Ha! I'm over it now. By the second leg I was back to my normal self but it is still irritating. Thank you BHs who called in sick! Thank you Screw Scheduling for taking away my Christmas! DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT CALLING ME AND ASKING ME FOR ANY FAVORS BECAUSE I DON'T DO FAVORS FOR THOSE WHO CONSTANTLY TRY TO BULLY ME AND SCREW ME OVER! BTW, I don't blame the few reserves who called in sick because there have been times where there were many more reserves who had called off sick so the few reserves who did call in sick don't really make an impact on the operation. It's pretty bad when there are only 3 pages of BHs for the bid sheet and more trips than reserves. Instead of actually trying to fix this problem in the future, they'll just add more reserves for December and keep doing what they've always been doing yet expect different results. Bother way, isn't that the definition of insanity? If the company can't figure out how to set up a gd beverage cart then they sure as he!! can't figure out who to get people to work on a holiday! This whole fiasco is just "plane rediculus" just like the company we work for! :down:

Oh was that you on my Albany turn last night? Just Kidding...while I did intern in Screw Tracking (aka Scheduling) I feel you...we're pressurized by our moronic managers to cover the focus flights (Transcons and Intl)...at Mesa...we didn't have a focus program.

Trust me, if they can find a way to screw you over, they will. They aren't called screw scheduling for nothing! I was awarded a trip from future that had a long overnight where I live and a couple hours later scheduling called me back and told me that they were assigning me a different trip with an early morning departure (check in was 4:30am). OK, you can imagine how p!ssed off I was and I was literally screaming and crying I was so enraged. :rant: I'm surprised someone didn't call the cops for murder or assault at my crash pad because I was screaming in fury. Then this morning the other flight attendant on my trip who was also pulled from her trip which also had a long overnight on Christmas where her family lives was just as angry and we were p!ssing and moaning all morning long. Luckily the crew room sleepers didn't throw chairs at us! We were loud. The other f/a on the trip was afraid to talk to us because we were so angry. Ha! Ha! I'm over it now. By the second leg I was back to my normal self but it is still irritating. Thank you BHs who called in sick! Thank you Screw Scheduling for taking away my Christmas! DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT CALLING ME AND ASKING ME FOR ANY FAVORS BECAUSE I DON'T DO FAVORS FOR THOSE WHO CONSTANTLY TRY TO BULLY ME AND SCREW ME OVER! BTW, I don't blame the few reserves who called in sick because there have been times where there were many more reserves who had called off sick so the few reserves who did call in sick don't really make an impact on the operation. It's pretty bad when there are only 3 pages of BHs for the bid sheet and more trips than reserves. Instead of actually trying to fix this problem in the future, they'll just add more reserves for December and keep doing what they've always been doing yet expect different results. Bother way, isn't that the definition of insanity? If the company can't figure out how to set up a gd beverage cart then they sure as he!! can't figure out who to get people to work on a holiday! This whole fiasco is just "plane rediculus" just like the company we work for! :down:
Your anger is misguided. Scheduling is simply doing what they are supposed to do, according to our Collective Bargaining Agreement. Period. You can be angry at management for a lack of staffing, angry at FA's for calling in sick, but the LAST people you should be angry with is crew scheduling. They are simply doing their job: nothing more, nothing less. I agree it is horrible that this is happening, but freaking out at scheduling is pointless. The entire scheduling system is flawed, and the schedulers are merely pawns....just like you and I.

Just waiting for them to reassign me as well....... Tick tock .....Happy Holidays Everyone....

Your anger is misguided. Scheduling is simply doing what they are supposed to do, according to our Collective Bargaining Agreement. Period. You can be angry at management for a lack of staffing, angry at FA's for calling in sick, but the LAST people you should be angry with is crew scheduling. They are simply doing their job: nothing more, nothing less. I agree it is horrible that this is happening, but freaking out at scheduling is pointless. The entire scheduling system is flawed, and the schedulers are merely pawns....just like you and I.

Happy Holidays Everyone....

Oh, don't worry I am angry at our union and the people who voted for this horrible contract. I like to share the love, you know? There's plenty of anger for everyone.

Oh, don't worry I am angry at our union and the people who voted for this horrible contract. I like to share the love, you know? There's plenty of anger for everyone.
Sorry, the Union did not do this either. Be angry at mgmt for the staffing model, and be angry at the FA's that called in sick. Other than that,............

Sorry you're so angry. Just be careful and watch your blood pressure..... :lol:

Sorry, the Union did not do this either. Be angry at mgmt for the staffing model, and be angry at the FA's that called in sick. Other than that,............

Sorry you're so angry. Just be careful and watch your blood pressure..... :lol:

Hun, the union negotiated a contract that allows scheduling to reassign trips to us poor junior reserves. Then f/as voted yes, many of whom are at home sick spending the holiday with their family. Don't worry, my blood pressure is just fine and I'm over it. I choose to be here and I choose to work on Christmas but it still hurts when they dangle a carrot in front of your face and then you are so close to having it only for them to take it away. Anyway, whatever!

you should call EAP get on meds or get another job...better yet get a life why do females get so flippin wacco around this time of year...it's just another tue...

you should call EAP get on meds or get another job...better yet get a life why do females get so flippin wacco around this time of year...it's just another tue...

I don't need to call EAP nor do I need meds. I am perfectly stable, at least that's what my shrink says anyway. I plan on getting another job in the future but not until I get the travel bug out of my system. Oh, and honey I do have a life thank you very much. What, so I am not allowed to complain on here? Please! If you think I am wacko now you should see me when I am PMSing! LOL! Just kidding.

Makes you wonder if we had the Pref Bid part of the contract, if this would be happening. If we had Prf bid, all the trips would be covered and rsv's would be utilized for sck calls and irreg. ops. So, yes we can throw some blame at the union.

I haven't flown in 3 days - so I'm all excited to go home as planned on the 26th for my christmas on the 27th - one 3 day open - nope only good for 2 days - I'll ROC please - err wrong answer 10 minutes later - I'm getting assigned into my days off - It's so funny when you try to plan a holiday that isn't on a holiday and everyone in your family is now coming home to see you on the only day that you will be home - the 27th and you won't be there because scheduling is short - Go figure - HAPPY HOLIDAYS - we aren't happy till you have nothing left to give... :down:

THEY NEED MORE RESERVES!!!!! THIS IS THE STATS OF 130am CHIRISTMAS MORNING

DCA 3 RSV N/A and 4 open trips

BOS 7 RSV N/A and 3 open trips

LGA 7 RSV N/A and 2 open trips

PIT 26 RSV N/A and 6 open trips

CLT 38 RSV N/A and 34 open trips

PHL 46 RSV N/A and 18 open trips

THEY NEED MORE RESERVES!!!!! THIS IS THE STATS OF 130am CHIRISTMAS MORNING

DCA 3 RSV N/A and 4 open trips

BOS 7 RSV N/A and 3 open trips

LGA 7 RSV N/A and 2 open trips

PIT 26 RSV N/A and 6 open trips

CLT 38 RSV N/A and 34 open trips

PHL 46 RSV N/A and 18 open trips
What they need to do is offer more than an extra dime an hour (or whatever it is) fo holiday pay. Put an added incentive that if anyone works Christmas Eve or Christmas Day they get an extra $100 bucks in their pay checks per day....money talks and it would cost them a lot less than all the flights they are going to have to cancel. Remember a few years back they were raffling off big screen TVs as an added incentive to come to work on the holiday ?.......let's try cold hard cash.

Why should FAs be differant than any other employee group that has to work on a holiday?

I can see paying them time and one half like the ground employees get, but a $100 a day extra to work a holiday is not a good idea.

When anyone got hired at the airline you were told holiday work was part of the job, dont like it, leave.

Why should FAs be differant than any other employee group that has to work on a holiday?

I can see paying them time and one half like the ground employees get, but a $100 a day extra to work a holiday is not a good idea.

When anyone got hired at the airline you were told holiday work was part of the job, dont like it, leave.
Just go back and look at the people who have called in sick again and again on holidays and fire their ass. That would clear out more of the dead wood than the buyouts.