Guess they'll be calling B/H......

Why should FAs be differant than any other employee group that has to work on a holiday?

I can see paying them time and one half like the ground employees get, but a $100 a day extra to work a holiday is not a good idea.

When anyone got hired at the airline you were told holiday work was part of the job, dont like it, leave.
It's not 100 dollars a day. It averages out (the formula our Union came up with) to one hundred dollars (maybe) for the whole trip. Big difference. At time & one half, I don't think you would see a shortage of people willing to work.

This is what I was replying too, read the posts:

What they need to do is offer more than an extra dime an hour (or whatever it is) fo holiday pay. Put an added incentive that if anyone works Christmas Eve or Christmas Day they get an extra $100 bucks in their pay checks per day....money talks and it would cost them a lot less than all the flights they are going to have to cancel. Remember a few years back they were raffling off big screen TVs as an added incentive to come to work on the holiday ?.......let's try cold hard cash.

Anyone know if line qualified managers or supervisors are out flying?If they are truly short that is where you would start.

That is because he is a man, who use to be an AMT, not a hot young FA.

Wow, some people are so gulliable.

That is him on the motorcycle.

C'mon 700UW...You surely can't be serious? You know us Interns are not that stupid it's called sarcasm my friend and it was a jab at the Flight Attendant groups here ;)

Merry X-Mas or Happy Holidays...I look forward to the continual provoking here on USAV!

Hey....I just wanted to thank all the f/a's who called in sick and screwed their fellow f/a's.

Ya know...the ones who got reassigned early morning departures...doubled up....assigned and jerked off their trips just so you could stay home.

WOW!! Great job ladies!!

Anyone know if line qualified managers or supervisors are out flying?If they are truly short that is where you would start.

They are....A call was made yesterday for all F/A's Supervisors, Deployed F/A's, anyone off line right now who is legal to still fly. Crew scheduling was given a list of all those and YES they are out flying. Some were even given Space Positive to fly back to PHL to p/u trips because they were out of town.

Bottom line....this is the company's fault...

NEVER EVER EVER allow f/as to SAP out of holiday trips.

If you have a block with Christmas...it's your's.......or at least put them into secondary lines.

You are shooting yourself in the foot with having 200+ trips open on a holiday.

They will never get it will they?

Hey....I just wanted to thank all the f/a's who called in sick and screwed their fellow f/a's.

Ya know...the ones who got reassigned early morning departures...doubled up....assigned and jerked off their trips just so you could stay home.

WOW!! Great job ladies!!

Blah Blah......This is the SAME mantra every year.

Oh thank you for screwing your fellow workers, etc etc

THE COMPANY screwed you by not MAKING the block holders keep their trips and NOT SAPPING.

If that were the case, most wouldn't have been pulled off of their trips!!!!

[
are you an scheduler? let me tell you something. I was on a trip, on a huge delay and I, call scheduling during that delay on the third and last day of that trip 24th of dec, to find out if i had any trip awarded out of the list that I left, because I couldn't check it on the automated system, scheduler KKK answer, and the first thing that she told me was, since I have you on the line I will have to asign you a trip,,,,,,,,,HELLLLOOOOOO. as a scheduler I would asume you would know, that I dont have an arrival time yet, so how could she dare to asign me something, I told her That I would call as soon as I arrived, and she said no BY CONTRACT I have to asign you a trip, at that moment my phone "failed", and I continue to do what i was doing, I call the union and this guy told me that she dare to put some remarks on my record, that I hang up on her, NO MORE TO TELL PLEASSEEEE I will ask you again are you an scheduler???? (this reply was for the cry baby

Blah Blah......This is the SAME mantra every year.

Oh thank you for screwing your fellow workers, etc etc

THE COMPANY screwed you by not MAKING the block holders keep their trips and NOT SAPPING.

If that were the case, most wouldn't have been pulled off of their trips!!!!
I think that only 20% are allowed to SAP out of their holiday trips....everybody else used the bidsheet to touch and drop---the bidsheet needs to go.

Back