Guess they'll be calling B/H......

Blah Blah......This is the SAME mantra every year.

Oh thank you for screwing your fellow workers, etc etc

THE COMPANY screwed you by not MAKING the block holders keep their trips and NOT SAPPING.

If that were the case, most wouldn't have been pulled off of their trips!!!!
Obviously you know nothing about SAP because Christmas Eve/Christmas Day, New Yrs Eve and New Yrs Day are protected holidays in SAP they cannot be dropped via SAP. I'm sure the SCK calls has nothing to do with the shortage of coverage.

Obviously you know nothing about SAP because Christmas Eve/Christmas Day, New Yrs Eve and New Yrs Day are protected holidays in SAP they cannot be dropped via SAP. I'm sure the SCK calls has nothing to do with the shortage of coverage.
Sorry to be contrary, but the top percentage (I think 5%) can SAP out. It's a very small number of people, and if you're in the top five--you don't need SAP anyway.

sap is contractual. sick time is contractual.

as long as you follow the contract you are within your rights. if you're sick, you're sick.

sap is contractual. sick time is contractual.

as long as you follow the contract you are within your rights. if you're sick, you're sick.
You're absolutely right...I talked to two friends of mine yesterday who call in SCK and they ARE SCK....there's this nasty head cold going around which is understandable due to the weird fluctuations in the weather. Even my sister-in-law has it---couldn't have happened to a nicer person...(insert gagging here !) Happy Holidays --I get done w/ this trip tomorrow and it couldn't end soon enough !!!

Whatever the case......................

THERE SHOULD NEVER BE THAT MUCH OPEN TIME ON A HOLIDAY.....OR ANYOTHER DAY FOR THAT MATTER!!!!!!!

When you chose this career as a flight attendant, did you not agree to "flexible working conditions"? And, holidays, nights and weekends? If I were you, all of you who are miserable, blockholders and RSV's, get a job working m-f, weekends and holidays off, go work at a bank, because I tell you, 20 years later and I AM STILL working HOLIDAYS and Weekends! So do I piss and moan? No. I do what I chose to do, to still work as a flight attendant.

Also, we are not growing, so you have to look towards the future. You may be working holidays, nights, weekends for the next 10 years, I just worked the holiday with people senior to me. So look towards the future, and ask yourself, is this really what you want to do with your life???? Look in the mirror, sit down and meditate, and ask yourself, "can I do this".

P.S. We ain't gettin' a raise anytime soon either. This is not a job that will make you rich. EVER.

Regardless of SAP, sick calls, bidsheet blah, blah, blah......bottom line is NOBODY gives a F. HO HO HO..... Merry Xmas. And the whole "thanks for screwing your fellow coworker".....SAVE IT. YOUR company screwed you not your fellow coworker. And Ganesha, I'd think it safe to say that MOST were not under the impression that they would find themselves working at a ghetto airline this long working ALL holidays, ALL weekends and ALL crappy trips so safe it sister. It is what is just as I have stated, "NOBODY gives a F". They will use the system legally to make it work for them. PERIOD. :rolleyes:

Regardless of SAP, sick calls, bidsheet blah, blah, blah......bottom line is NOBODY gives a F. HO HO HO..... Merry Xmas. And the whole "thanks for screwing your fellow coworker".....SAVE IT. YOUR company screwed you not your fellow coworker. And Ganesha, I'd think it safe to say that MOST were not under the impression that they would find themselves working at a ghetto airline this long working ALL holidays, ALL weekends and ALL crappy trips so safe it sister. It is what is just as I have stated, "NOBODY gives a F". They will use the system legally to make it work for them. PERIOD. :rolleyes:

You are so right. Why should anyone extent themselves and help them out. Look what they have done for us. Given us dirty working conditions with no tools to do our jobs. Run a poor operation to whch we are constantly being blamed and having to appologize. Closing a base and uprooting those people. Putting people with 19 years on reserve. Why would anyone want to help out?

You are so right. Why should anyone extent themselves and help them out. Look what they have done for us. Given us dirty working conditions with no tools to do our jobs. Run a poor operation to whch we are constantly being blamed and having to appologize. Closing a base and uprooting those people. Putting people with 19 years on reserve. Why would anyone want to help out?

I totally agree. :up:

Yep. The company got treated this Christmas how the employees have been treated for quite a few years. I worked this Christmas but next year, my family is coming my way for the holidays, and I can assure you that I will not be working. Whether I manage to sap out of a trip or be sick, I won't be here. We all agreed to work holidays in our interview but we also all agreed to work at a much higher wage with better work rules. So if they couldn't keep their end of the bargain, why should we have to?

So they call and beg people to bail them out of poor planning. Oh this is like a broken record! From what I can see the Sick Calls were the same as years passed and no more. They always seem to get caught like deer in headlights. Then scheduling calls in with intimidation or try's to play the "We are poor and helpless. Can you spare some time and a dime to help bail us out of our own pool of sick?" Oh, I mean get a clue.
THIIIIIS IS A FUTURE SCHEDULING UPDATE FOR DECEMBER THE 26 2007. WE HAVE 100 TRIPS TO COVER WITH 5 AVAILIBLE RESERVES. WE KNOW YOU WILL ALL DROP THAT EGGNOG AND PIE TO RUN BAIL US OUT OF OUR PISS POOR PLANNING! WE TREAT YOU LIKE CRAP 364 DAYS A YEAR BUT HELP US OUT AND WILL WILL REMEMBER YOU WHEN YOU NEED SOMETHING IN JUNE! WE PROMISE <WINK>
View attachment 6922

Back