Helicopter Engineers & Pilot Association

I'm in too, but we need to stop brown-nosing a particular individual here, he has no higher status than anyone, but it seems everyone likes to snuggle up and pat his back. I have a motorcycle too, and I ride across the country, but does anyone care?
Let Blackmac take his idea and run with it, I believe he's the man with the balls.
Just let us know the cost, to some it may be what change falls from their pockets, to others it may be what we scrounge off the street.

Ahhhh come on Swinger, sorry you feel that way, but I don't really see anyone brown nosing any individual here. Some of us have just known each other seemingly forever and yeah, maybe it comes across differently. For one, I actually enjoyed "a trip across the country" without leaving my home. Something I'd love to do. Felt like I was a little included on the ride, getting weird up-dates of who was met along the way. I'd feel the same about anybody's trip. As far as higher clout or status, naaaa, I think we should not even go there, I think anyone interested, involved and concerned are all on the same level and share the same enthusiasm.

This association I would imagine, among a whole variety of issues, includes one of mutual respect and understanding (hummmmmm, do I sense a group hug on the way? :D ) We also share a special sense of humor - one of the many things that sets our industry apart from the rest.

I find it refreshing to have a TC guy so well liked by so many of the industry grunts.

And besides he is a newfie. :up:

Chas W..... Retired Mercenary - Ex Con.

HI Biggles, how are those yard apes of yours?

I have a split personality.

Sometimes I revert back to my more exciting days. :rolleyes:

Maybe with winter coming on more people will joke, argue, fight, agree and generally communicate here.

What happened to all the good discussions we used to have on the old site?

Reverend Charles W...... Repented Mercenary - Ex Con.

Hi Swinger, I have to agree with Colonel Biggles but must state that I was at one time of the same opinion as you.

CTD is from the Granite Planet (Corner Brook) and should be allowed a little leeway. You have to remember these people only improved their well being since they joined Confederation, plus they like to talk alot and tell jokes. Us mainlanders on the other hand are a very boring people at times.

Everybody has the right to their own opinion, but I have to disagree with you on this one, democracy, remember.

I asked for opinions and thank God people are responding.

(1)Helicopter Engineers & Pilots Association

or

(2)Canadian Helicopters Engineers & Pilots Association

or

(3)Helicopter Engineers & Pilots Association, Canada

My Opinion:

(1) is just OK

(2) reminds me of a certain company.

(3) is more distinct and identifies it as a Canadian only.

Affiliation with other countries entities would only be approached (in my opinion) when we got our own act together. This is not an individuals decision, but a decision that would be voted on by the members.

Remember this would be an association run by members, for the members best interests.

Any how Swinger, thanks for the support.

Cheers, Don
:prop: :prop:

Swinger, is there a problem with being "CANADIAN". :shock: :D :shock: .

I don't think it has anything to do with a Mr. CTD!!!!!!!!

It seems like most of the individuals that looked at the survey did'nt have the

"BACK WHEELS" to say what they really meant or wanted to say.

Blackmac , the moneys in the mail!!

Go BIG or go HOME. Gentlemen, over to you.

I like # 1 .

Nice and simple.

And it puts the engineers in the correct sequence....ahead of the pilots...Heh Heh Heh.

Chas.

Blackmac, my hat is off to you for having the courage to step up and get this association underway. Please do not be discouraged by the seeming lack of response to your original survey post. I think there is a lot of support out there but also a lot of people are afraid to come forward.

I also know that this forum is just a small representation of the industry. There are many pilots and engineers out there waiting for this.

I like the name 'Canadian Helicopter Engineers and Pilots Association', but just a little worried about how it may sound - 'Cheaper' - somethng that would be more appropriate for some of the operators out there.

Heli-ops, some good ideas, but this thing hads been so long coming I think we need time to walk before we start running. Maybe some things the executive can look into down the road.

I am happy that a non-profit association cannot become a union. This will help defray the fears of those of you who are opposed to unions.
Personally, I believe unions have their place - especially in some of the bigger companies. However, the proper place for the decision on unions lies with the individual employees of those companies. If you look south of the border only a few of the larger companies are unionised, and there will always be a place in the industry for non-unionised operators and employees.

Membership for pilots and engineers only, and associate membership for all others. Fair enough, my only concern would be that we do not have operators getting control of OUR association. They have their association with the HAC and HAI, neither of which has ever tried to do much in the way of improving conditions for the crews.

I remain, at this time, incognito as I happen to work for a very large company that, although it belongs to at least two associations - HAC and HAI - has, on more than one occasion demonstrated that it does not believe that the crews working for it should enjoy the same right. Management personal in this same company have also attempted to use their position to influence other operators and drive the wages to even lower levels.

I am with you Blacmac, this association can do nothing but good for this industry, my check is ready to be posted, and I am sure that as soon as you get this up and running you will have crews clamouring to join.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you have any intention at all of expanding it outside of Canada at a later date then whatever name you decide on now needs to be able to cover that. Ie: if you call it the Canadian etc etc then down the track it would have to be legally done which creates hassles.

Why note just call it some form of Pilots & Engineers assn and then leave yourself room to expand in the future. You have the chance to form something that could benefit the industry worldwide, why limit it just to Canada, no offense. Canada has a fantastic industry and some great people which is why Canadians are welcomed anywhere in the world, except for that little line that runs across the bottom of your country. :p

Good luck and it will be a great boost for the Canadian industry if you can get the majority of people onside. I would however include crewmembers as normal members and not associates. Your loaders, ground handlers etc are just as an important part of the industry as your pilots and engineers.

Just my two cents worth.

Heli Ops :up:

BlackMac:

Excellent! Good on you. About time at least one of us showed some gonads!

Count me in! I like the idea of having the engineers first! :up: If ya can send me the info/ sign up sheet, whatever ya have!

CTD: I don't understand your statement that you cannot be involved. Are things different for TC drivers?? There's a hockey sock full of M & M Inspectors involved in the various useless AME associations. What makes it different for drivers?? I don't get it!

SWINGER: I don't get yer stance, on the road trip. Like CTD I drove across Canada this summer, and had the good fortune to meet a few of the people that I've gotten to know through this forum. I would have included pictures, but I didn't think anybody really wanted to see photos of an overloaded U- Haul dragging a bunch of tools and an aircraft along the Trans Canada.

As for CTD employment and/or employer, I really don't give a rat's behind who he works for. Either you (or him) are/is a good person, with a sense of purpose and a sense of humour, or ya ain't. Everybody on this site knows my position with respect to TC, and everybody knows I don't kiss butt.

As for CTD I have, on ocassion differed in opinions with him. He has presented himself in a most professional, straight forward manner. I would sumbit that to do otherwise,to him or anybody else on this forum would be an insult. You of course may feel free to differ. :rolleyes:

BlackMac:

WHAT??!!

I have to differ with your statement RE: Newfies! Our lot was just fine, my son, until we let you Upper Canadians have a go at managing things. And we didn't vote to join Canada, we did unfortunately let Canada join us! :p

We had the three biggest airports in North America. Gander, Goose Bay and Stehpenville. We had the biggest fisheris and logging operation. Plus we had the Bell Island mines, the Buchans Mine, The Gull Pond Mine, the Baie Verte mine, all profitable and functioning great! Then we made the dubious mistake of handing the management over to ye guys! Now look at it! Tanks bye! Couldn't have run her into the ground wit out ya!! :up:

By the way, t'was a newfie what invented the first functional gas mask, artifical ice making, Newfies built most of the sky scrapers in New York city PLUS, per capitia (sp) there are more Newfies in the Menza Society, then anybody else! Thanks again, bye for makin life so good fer me!! ;) ;)

Now there had better be a couple of Newfies on the Board. If not, I'm calling Greater Toronto Sanitation dept and have the byes shut Toranta down again!! :wacko: :wacko:

Rebuttals expected! :up: :up:

Your absolutely right HeliOps, loaders, ground handlers etc... are equally important and are very much part of the industry, but I think the idea here is to get an Association off the ground where helicopter pilots and engineers are concerned. Each group has their own specific issues to support/examine. Perhaps various Associations may follow or develop in the future.

By the way, I like #3, with the comma and Canada at the end, I think that might enable future chapters to participate/join.

Dear Lord (I mean Reverend), the yard apes are endlessly monkeying around. Split personality, yep, I have a couple of those myself, keeps the sanity in line! Patience required for the more off the wall discussions, arguments, moaning and complaining. Just as sure as we all prepare for the nearing cold wx, cabin fever will set in and in no time at all, we will all be praticing our rythmes and xmas tunes!

Cheers!

CHAPs... Canadian Helicopter Association of Professionals

:D

Directors should include a Newfie, Frenchman and a Cowboy from west of Saskatchewaning... if all those foggers can agree on the time of day, we'll have something here... Lord save us all!!

Blackmac,

Here are the words from another Corner brook boy (although i did grow up in a better area then CTD)

lets keep it all Canadian and you have my support 110%.

If any help is needed give me a jingle.

CTD.........you say you can not be invovled, hmmmm, I think if you really check into it you can. When i did my little stint with TC the same topic did arise and after some investigation there is/was no reason why one cannot be invovled in such a organization. Then again, maybe something has changed.

Back