Hello PHL F/A Displacement

iwantout

Advanced
Nov 16, 2005
Well the wonderful people who staff this airline are going to stick it to the employees one more time. According to the latest pilot bid, they will be pulling all the domestic 757/767 out of Philly and putting all in CLT. That is a lot of time to be lost so one can only guess displacments will be in the near future.

They can't leave well enough alone. They always have to screw with people's lives. Hello displacement and 20 year reserves in PHL. Really makes you want to come to work and feel good about doing your job.

Well the wonderful people who staff this airline are going to stick it to the employees one more time. According to the latest pilot bid, they will be pulling all the domestic 757/767 out of Philly and putting all in CLT. That is a lot of time to be lost so one can only guess displacments will be in the near future.

They can't leave well enough alone. They always have to screw with people's lives. Hello displacement and 20 year reserves in PHL. Really makes you want to come to work and feel good about doing your job.
The CBS said that they are pulling out 15 lines of 757/767 flying time---not all. Another just came out that they are allowing 125 transfers to CLT and 5 to BOS. JMO, but I don't actually think it will go RSV in PHL at 20 years. If it does, then you'll know how we've been feeling in PIT for the last 2.5 years that those of us w/ 20-24 years have been on RSV.

I actually do know some SR folks from PIT will be putting in for the CLT transfer so it may not empty out PHL too,too much. Once again that's something that Tempe isn't taking into consideration----that those of us in PIT would consider going to CLT because the commute to PHL is so bad. Then what happens if none want to leave PHL and the recalls in BOS/LGA/DCA put in and get their transfers to CLT.

This transfer could backfire in their faces. (Just like everything else they attempt).

I like the way they notify us of this today and we have 10 days to decide....what a crock.

Then what happens if none want to leave PHL and the recalls in BOS/LGA/DCA put in and get their transfers to CLT.

There are actually a lot of us in PHL that want to transfer to CLT. We have a lot of commuters from CLT here in PHL so I don't think there will be a problem filling all of those spots. I want to transfer to CLT so bad but am wondering if I even have a chance because it seems like every trip I go on there is at least one person who says they live in CLT and want to be based there. Even people who aren't from NC are moving there because they want to be based there someday. I'm from NC so it would be perfect for me. We'll see what really happens. I'll be really bummed if I don't get into CLT.

Well ,Paul Kinsey says? If that isn't just crap in a litter box I don't know is! What is going on? First CLT is overstafed the next they ship off 100 people?. How ironic.

Well ,Paul Kinsey says? If that isn't just crap in a litter box I don't know is! What is going on? First CLT is overstafed the next they ship off 100 people?. How ironic.

Just another way to screw with people's lives. If they wanted to even things out , remove some but not all lines. I swear they make decisions without ever considering what it does to people's lives.

you need to learn how they feel about employees at America West.

"You aren't supposed to retire here..."

has been their mantra from Day One... this comes from Mike Conway, btw.... I met him at a party in Vegas (before he destroyed National Airlines). Plus he's @#*#('ing one of my close friends (who came to National from Am. West)

The pilot bid for Nov/Dec that came out today stated that PHL domestic 757/767 will be eliminated completely in early 2008. The time is presumably moving to CLT, as that is where the time is going that is being removed on this bid.

The pilot bid for Nov/Dec that came out today stated that PHL domestic 757/767 will be eliminated completely in early 2008. The time is presumably moving to CLT, as that is where the time is going that is being removed on this bid.
Isn't CLT a very senior base for both flight attendants and pilots? There are probably a lot of people who have been trying to get into CLT for a long time, and now they may have the opportunity. Those in PHL will move UP as others transfer to CLT. This is good news. How does this translate into "sticking it to the employees?"

How much domestic flying is currently done out of PHL on the 757/767? Any ideas why they are doing this?

I guess mgmnt isn't happy unless they are screwing with peoples lives.

I don't really se how this is bad either. Everyone and thier grandmonther wants to et back to CLT. Certainly no one is going involuntarily. See y'all! We move up 125 places in PHL (altthough the blocks/time are going too, but still>).

I used to love the 757, now they are the bona-fine trailer of the fleet. They are filthy and smell bad, the galley equiptment is broken and nasty, and I could go through life never seeing Vegas or Florida again and be just fine. Neither are my thing, someone's else's, not mine. I'm not sure if it's as bad as the 737 but still, give me Airbuses and Embraers that are somewhat modern and clean (well, relatively...)

I believe you are wrong. The CBS that came out today said they were reducing 15 lines in November and 25 lines in December.
OOOPS, My Bad ! I think my eyes started crossing when I read the first part about moving time PHL-CLT in December. This is just another example of "Crew Resource Planning" not having a clue what they were doing. Less than 2.5 months ago, they were going to displace 90 out of CLT due to overstaffing........then they pulled it and still stuck it to PIT. Now we are short in PIT because we are covering everyone else's trips.
What the hell happened to Kirby stating that "We don't want to disrupt anyone's lives ?" In the meeting in PIT w/ Shamblin, she told us that "we were told that displacing people on the east side would be no big deal because you are used to it."
Perhaps the plan is to move us all around so much on the East that we get PO'd and leave.....
I say, they need to open up PHX and LAS and let all our senior people go there. I'm sick to death of their ineptitude.

Even though they indicate that the PHL 767/757 Domestic flying will be eliminated in early 2008, it is effectively done on November 1, 2007. At that time there will be ONE block of 767/757 Domestic time in PHL, and ONE reserve for each seat. To me, that's a closed base.

Not all of the time is going to CLT. Some of it is being eliminated as we lose 3 more 757 airframes in the next few months. Some is probably moving to international, as more 757 airframes are converted to ETOPS.

I used to love the 757, now they are the bona-fine trailer of the fleet. They are filthy and smell bad, the galley equiptment is broken and nasty, and I could go through life never seeing Vegas or Florida again and be just fine. Neither are my thing, someone's else's, not mine. I'm not sure if it's as bad as the 737 but still, give me Airbuses and Embraers that are somewhat modern and clean (well, relatively...)

I hate that plane too and the trips on it suck. I avoid it at all costs. If I have to go to Vegas one more time I'm going to scream! Don't even get me started on those Florida flights. Hmm. Good incentive to stay in PHL because I wouldn't have to fly it anymore. Oh well, I'm headed to CLT if I can get there. It's tempting to stay in PHL though.