HERE COMES THE LAYOFFS

If that is direction AMR wants to go then the term "Business As Usual" used by Horton on Day 1 of his tenure, will mean more than I thought.

Tulsa Management is telling us that accountability and produtivity changes are coming.
Your Management telling you a paycut will save Overhaul Jobs.
How the hell can we have both and have new aircraft/engines on the way? Impossible

You know as well I do that there are currently still too many heads in overhaul.
Add in the desired production gains and accountability and you will have headcuts required regardless of paycuts.

Yes, we tried that plan in 2003, not going to happen or work a second time.

The Union needs to tell management and the membership that it is NOT the Union's job to manage AMR and explain to everyone that the Union is no longer going to take the blame for what is required to pay for management mistakes. In other words Unions need to stop taking the bait and the blame for this merry-go-round of ignorance. But Dues collection and protection of the relatives jobs will once again get in the way of valid representation.

Tell Management they will take the blame and they will come up with the plan to correct their errors.

TWU position should be rejected T/A is minimum plan.

I don't think overhaul will ever see the new planes or engines. As the airbuses and 787's come time for overhaul they will be outsourced. As the md 80's are retired, Tulsa will be smaller if it survives at all in the future.

I don't think overhaul will ever see the new planes or engines. As the airbuses and 787's come time for overhaul they will be outsourced. As the md 80's are retired, Tulsa will be smaller if it survives at all in the future.

A lot can happen between now and then.

Just as likely if not more that AA doesn't even exist period.

The bottom line is AA said that it needed $800 million in total labor savings total from everybody. The int informed my local that the twu pension and retiree medical were worth $371 million annually. If this true the twu as a whole would be giving up more than there portion of the $800 million in labor savings. Any layoffs would be an additional savings. Not to mention pay cuts or work rule changes. I can see it coming now twu int agrees to pay cuts to save jobs and aa lays people off anyway. Sounds like 2003 all over again. I am not voluntarily giving this company anymore pay cuts. They have proven time after time that the BOD and the executives are incompetent at there jobs and have no business plan other than taking from the employees. On another note we all know that the company is going to give bonuses to the exec when this all over. What would prevent all three unions on the property to tell the company if you want a deal,no bonuses for them until we get our money back. In my opinion this has to have all three unions sticking together to work. Just an idea!!!!

The 737 Aircraft Overhaul is being set up as the main narrow body provider in the world. Someone is going to work on those planes, most likely is TUL. What might be farmed out is the wide body aircraft. I believe with the 777 B check being moved to SFO and something I heard, the combining the B & C checks, could make for a lean operation and cost could drop as a result. If people think TUL is shutting down completely they are eating fruit loops. I am sure there will be some layoffs and work rule modifications as well the need to make each unit make profit. I believe Landing Gear and some of the CAM shops are already doing so. AMR owns several properties on the airport in TUL. Check the Affidavit of I. Gordon in the bankruptcy docket and Tulsa is willing to give more. What I would like to know about AFW is an actual number on the lease. I have seen nothing yet is the docket.

The bottom line is AA said that it needed $800 million in total labor savings total from everybody. The int informed my local that the twu pension and retiree medical were worth $371 million annually. If this true the twu as a whole would be giving up more than there portion of the $800 million in labor savings. Any layoffs would be an additional savings. Not to mention pay cuts or work rule changes. I can see it coming now twu int agrees to pay cuts to save jobs and aa lays people off anyway. Sounds like 2003 all over again. I am not voluntarily giving this company anymore pay cuts. They have proven time after time that the BOD and the executives are incompetent at there jobs and have no business plan other than taking from the employees. On another note we all know that the company is going to give bonuses to the exec when this all over. What would prevent all three unions on the property to tell the company if you want a deal,no bonuses for them until we get our money back. In my opinion this has to have all three unions sticking together to work. Just an idea!!!!

Well said

My biggest fear is being led into a Strike with Union Men like you. And that is why you end up taking those paycuts.
The majority will never trust the minority and you just told why.
That is why I voted Yes to begin with, because the TWU is made of a whole lot of you.
And as long as there is a whole lot of you, I am not risking a damn thing.
And since I am not risking a damn thing while not trusting you, then you just sit back and get what you deserve.
The end justifies the means, with real union men.

You can have the "I want mine, Brother Attitude" while you demonized the majority who claims "I've Got Mine, Brother"

There is no difference between "I've got mine" and "I want mine" except who currently has ownership.

I voted yes on the last TA and have been attacked on this forum for saying so, and I have talked against the vote NO coalition for the their know nothing rhetoric. I have also have been against the NY local president for provoking employees with comments like, "Can the judge fly fix or load airplanes? You have power, you just need the balls to use it." I have also made comments such as "I'm not going on strike so OH doesn't have to work weekends"

Nothing personal, but for me to hear, we get paid less but we do all our maint in house doesn't pay my property tax. ILL state tax up 66%, toll roads just doubled, just to mention a couple of things. I'm sure it's worse in California and NY.

There is no difference between "I've got mine" and "If you don't like it transfer to TUL"

Would you be surprised if AFW & TUL are strictly MRO operations and DWH turns out to be the 737 heavy line, and ALL the rest of the AA heavy's are farmed out to Timco or some other contractor?????? Similar to Delta Tech Ops.

I wouldn't be surprised if AA tries to break TUL's majority rule with the TWU by selling TUL or AFW, or both. That's just my opinion.

Would you be surprised if AFW & TUL are strictly MRO operations and DWH turns out to be the 737 heavy line, and ALL the rest of the AA heavy's are farmed out to Timco or some other contractor?????? Similar to Delta Tech Ops.

I wouldn't be surprised if AA tries to break TUL's majority rule with the TWU by selling TUL or AFW, or both. That's just my opinion.

I predict Tulsa will not be the majority much longer.

I also predict you will not be better off but instead worse off, and you will have to find someone else to blame once Tulsa can no longer be blamed. That is what happened to Fleet Service Majority was your problem, that is what happened to the Bus Drivers Majoriity in NY were your problem, and just as with them so too you will find that Tulsa is not your problem.

Your problem is the TWU and AFL-CIO, and the way Unionism is being handled in this country.
Along with the "I AM" and the "ME TOO" Society you live in.

I actually believe that before you are better off, you will be much worse off but for reasons other than what you are experiencing now.

And at some point we will all learn to stick together for simple things like survival.

Be Warned though, there will be groups of people that will be sticking together that will likely just eliminate you rather than see if you are trustworthy enough to allow you to join them. This will be called years of tribulation, today will be a walk in the park compared to these times.

I also predict you will not be better off but instead worse off, and you will have to find someone else to blame once Tulsa can no longer be blamed. That is what happened to Fleet Service Majority was your problem, that is what happened to the Bus Drivers Majoriity in NY were your problem, and just as with them so too you will find that Tulsa is not your problem.

Your problem is the TWU and AFL-CIO, and the way Unionism is being handled in this country.

I actually believe that before you are better off, you will be much worse off but for reasons other than what you are experiencing now.

And at some point we will all learn to stick together for simple things like survival.

Be Warned though, there will be groups of people that will be sticking together that will likely just eliminate you rather than see if you are trustworthy enough to allow you to join them. This will be called years of tribulation, today will be a walk in the park compared to these times.

We have NEVER stuck together as a union. When people get riffed people are more than happy to help the company by working OT or taking field trips to stations that were outsourced, and that includes TUL.

Blame the union.....that's me and you!!!

When the membership is more inclined to stick together and fight for a company priviledge than our wages, benefits and pensions.....don't blame the AFL-CIO or TWU INTL......blame the same people you're attacking on this forum.

When the membership is more inclined to stick together and fight for a company priviledge than our wages, benefits and pensions.....don't blame the AFL-CIO or TWU INTL......blame the same people you're attacking on this forum.

Uh, that would be the "I AM" and the "ME TOO" society.
Once again you failed to read and comprehend my posting.

Never mind

Informer your a trip. in one breath you trash the twu in the next breath you praise their ta that they brought back.what is it going to be? thank goodness amfa did not get in with you at the helm. what a disaster that would have been. hey on the good side they probably would have lost all of overhaul in 2003, than who would you have blamed? just shut up till Wednesday and see what comes out of it. Or just keep shooting your mouth off and give more ideas. thank goodness there are only about 20 people that post on this board and 19 disagree with YOU.

no body likes the position we are in.but the writing was on the wall has been since 9/11
did you think when Northwest screwed their people it wouldn't come around?
did you think when united screwed their people it wouldn't come around?
dd you think when Delta screwed their people it wouldn't come around?
did you think when delta and northwest merged it wouldn't come around?
did you think when continental and united merged it wouldn't come around?
in 2003 did you think ignorance was bliss?
the ta is gone boys you can cry all you want. everything else is speculation.
come Wednesday when the company comes out with their "ask" and all is said and done
we all have one decision do we want to work for what they offer? its real simple cut and dry.
everyone stuck around for their own reasons most because it was a decent job and fun to do.
is its that bad push the retirement button and walk away. but to berate and give the company additional
cost cutting ideas just betrays you desperation.

Informer your a trip. in one breath you trash the twu in the next breath you praise their ta that they brought back.what is it going to be? thank goodness amfa did not get in with you at the helm. what a disaster that would have been. hey on the good side they probably would have lost all of overhaul in 2003, than who would you have blamed? just shut up till Wednesday and see what comes out of it. Or just keep shooting your mouth off and give more ideas. thank goodness there are only about 20 people that post on this board and 19 disagree with YOU.

Never Praised the T/A just always claimed the NO Vote was Futile and we would not get any better.

I too am thankful that I never ended up at the helm of an AMFA local, this membership cannot handle true union democracy.

I can see now that it would have taken longer than I have left to live to change this membership and prepare them for what it takes to succeed.

You have no right to tell me to shutup, and I will share whatever cost cutting ideas I want to share.
Do you have one that will eliminate workers like you? I would gladly share that one if I had it.

Here is a list just so you know I dont respect you or your opinion.

Obtain Unlimited Outsourcing
Outsource the Unskilled and those that refuse to compete
Stop Union Officers from not producing
Once Overhaul is no longer the majority, pay the Line AMT's Market Rate and Transistion Overhaul to MRO Pay/Benefits via Attrition
Get Rid of AFW and move those employees still left after outsource to DWH
Increase the Landing Gear Operation and obtain 145 Work for Profit
Get 7 day coverage on all Maintenance Operations
Stop Hiring Relatives to unskilled positions trying to make skilled workers out of them via upgrades
Stop Upgrading incompetent fools to management and skilled work positions
Financially Reward those that are left with market pay and benefits to have a team with you instead of against you
Do something to stop the outrageous theft occuring on the Tulsa Base
Begin to pay for Health/Fitness/Nutrition Programs to reduce health care cost.
Find a way to encourage use of Homeopathic/Hollisitc Treatments instead of Big Pharma symptoms treatments.
Reward EMployees that identify Safety Issue before they become an OSHA reportable incedent

Tell me to shut up again and I will give the rest of the list
Now go whimper somewhere

Back