How can we make this a better airline?

Breath & NYC Delta:

I agree. We can disagree and that is healthy, but let's treat each other as a valued friend. We are the company and we need to pitch in, help one another, and be respectful.

It costs nothing to smile or help out and its a great way to live!

Regards,

USA320Pilot
Wow. So at least 1/2 of us think that we could improve by first improving internal affairs. That's amazing. I agree that there is some east/west tension still. I can't imagine what it'd be like if we merged with Delta. Would it be East / West / Delta? That's not what we need. A divided workforce internally makes for unhappy customers. I'm sure our customers can tell when an employee is unhappy. I get asked all the time "Do you like your job?"

I have to ponder on that question. Is it a trick question? Are they trying to say I'm doing a lousy job? (LOL, I try to give my best in everything I do!) Are they genuinely interested in how I feel? Are they asking for a heated discussion about internal affairs? ROFL. I don't know! But I always answer, "Yes! I Love my job!" and then think about the good ole days where I got to work with servers and buy toys (Networking equipment) and stuff.

-----------------------

So.. so far it looks like one thing we could do to make this place a better place for the employees and customers.. would be to improve internally! (Sigh, what are the chances of that. What would make me happier is more money to pay my bills and maybe buy a house or something. That would make me happy.)

What our customers? They obviously are disappointed with the way we're heading. I had a call the otherday, (this is going to be hard to explain) and they were wanting a vacation. They called a partner (Costco) and got us, and they wanted to fly SOUTHWEST and were mad when I told them it would be US Airways. I was really curious why they were so disappointed. Apparently they had one botched trip years ago and they vowed never to fly US again. Wow.

Keep it coming ;) Let's get to the nitty gritty. How 'bout those dirty sorry things we call planes? Why can't we maintain the insides of them like we maintain the outside/workings of them? It's like looking at a HOT new Lexus and then opening the door to a torn fabric interior with a broken radio. It's disappointing.

In my opinion you have it all wrong, it is not about the employees, it is ALL about the customers, without them you have no job, no airline. Granted you been screwed several times over, but so has the customer. Make us happy first!

Messrs. Parker and Kirby should make every effort to complete joint contracts with all employee groups. One group, the Dispatchers, is done. The rest must follow in short order and not be dragged out any longer.

The next order of business is to produce a consistent product that meets or exceeds the customers expectations.
For the last 18 years, USAir/USAirways has been unable to define itself, or distinguish itself, except for a short period when Steven Wolf created the "Global Carrier of Choice" business plan. That was the last and perhaps the only time the company provided premium service in all classes of service.

If USAirways is a true LCC, then make it so. Make it the best LCC and the first choice of the price sensitive consumer.

It has always amazed me how USAirways can retain loyal customers when over the years the product and experience has changed so many times. Can you say Business Select, Metrojet, MidAtlantic, More RJ's than God can count, ad infinitum.

Let's hope that if US/DL doesn't happen that next press release from Tempe isn't: "Plan B is there is no Plan B."

The way to make it a better airline, IMO, is for senior management to make one decision and let things flow for the betterment from there. That is to treat employees and customers as assets and not disposable and/or replaceable assets. This requires a change of mindset from short term goals, including profits, to forming true partnerships that treat everyone with true respect. When management changes that and realizes it needs to think in the long term rather then the immediate short term, things should improve.

The way to make it a better airline, IMO, is for senior management to make one decision and let things flow for the betterment from there. That is to treat employees and customers as assets and not disposable and/or replaceable assets. This requires a change of mindset from short term goals, including profits, to forming true partnerships that treat everyone with true respect. When management changes that and realizes it needs to think in the long term rather then the immediate short term, things should improve.

It won't happen as long as Gerrold Glass and firm are still retained by Parker/Kirby.

In my opinion you have it all wrong, it is not about the employees, it is ALL about the customers, without them you have no job, no airline. Granted you been screwed several times over, but so has the customer. Make us happy first!
Oh well I never said the only problem is internal problems. The whole point is because I am curious as to what customers think as well. The airline doesn't run without employees, just as it doesn't run without customers. Without customers, there would be no employees and vice versa!!

Management cannot take care of customers without worker bees, but worker bees can take care of customers without management if management gives worker bees the abilty to do so and the workers trust and respect management.

You got that right PineyBob, there are many that are not happy...its time for them to close this chapter in their career and enjoy life outside of the industry. I mean after 40yrs they cant continue to push a cart up the aisle and be happy to their passengers?? Its time to give up your senority number to a less junior person and move on.
Really? So, all "unhappy" people are senior? Hmmmm...

Really? So, all "unhappy" people are senior? Hmmmm...
Oh, I would say an equal amount of juniors are unhappy as seniors. (I cant speak for the West), but East reserves are literally sleeping in the crew lounge and in cars in the employee parking lot, trying to live on guarantee. It has reached a frightening level. They are equally as unhappy. Rightfully so.

Sherri Shamblin says she has been at the negotiating table on average of 2 weeks per month, and she says that has been a huge commitment. I say, if you are serious about making this thing work, 4 weeks a month might be more prudent. Step up to the plate, please. We want, need, and deserve a fair contract. Thank you.

If That Therory Is True Then I Have A Question for YOU? Why Is South West Airlines SO SUCCESSFULL? The First Sentance in there Administration Policy Manual Say's that,{THE EMPLOYEE IS FIRST Not The CUSTOMER}. There Therory is Like Cancer Very Contageous,If the Employee is Happy IT SHOW'S,& I Would have To Say That South West Is Very Successfull,PERIOD. Thank's MWW

Latest posts

Back