This Is How We Roll.......

luvin 737's says

"So are you saying it's better for an HP FA to suffer for 5-7 years because of USAirways management incompetence than it is for a US FA to suffer 5-7 more years? Fair integration means that the US FA enjoys the benefits afforded employees managed competently and conservatively like HP employees have been, while the HP FA sits on the sidelines? Please explain this distorted view of fairness."

its called YOU voted to join AFA!!!!!!!!! Don't you people read the stuff before you vote? Perhaps you don't deserve the job in the first place for not READING!!!!!!!!

Don't like it quit the union or get your own.

Why did AWA go with AFA?????????????????????
:angry:

hp_fa said:
What is really going on is that many of us are realizing that no matter what the scenario, Doug has sold the AWA FA's down the river.

Ponder this:

No matter whether AWA's FA's had been AFA, another union or non-unionized, the merger with U would have automatically damaged all the seniority of AWA's FA's since we did not comprise 35.1% of the workforce (which matters under Alleghany-Mohawk or being fully non-unionized) or under AFA's C&B. No matter what, we were being damaged in favor of folks who have not, to date, done anything to get AWA to where it is.

Next, we are supposedly in contract negotiations. However, Doug has recently told us he now no longer wants to negotiate with us but rather wait. (Perhaps until U's contact become amenible.) So, despite opening early at the company's request, and that there is ATSB money set aside for our raises, he now expects us to wait quietly in the corner.

Doug had made statements tht neither the stockholders or employees would be hurt by a merger. But tell me, how is that true?
[post="299279"][/post]​
If you believe that Doug has sold us down the river, then you would rather be in bankruptcy, and eventually out of work. I would be willing to bet, that as the industry consolidation unfolds in the next couple of years, you will see just how RIGHT this merger is for us and US Air.
Yes, our lives are going to change; Yes, our seniority number is going to change; Yes, many of the AWA flight attendants are going to see a SLIGHT difference in their working life, but this merger is NECESSARY, and that is why Doug Parker negotiated it.
Sold us down the river? I think not.
The reason the company will not move in our negotiations is because they feel it is a moot point: we are merging and will have to negotiate a new, merged contract. Our negotiations team is trying to get this thing wrapped up so that the merged contract can be wrapped up.
We are NOT being damaged by the merger or seniority integration. We are going to experience CHANGE.
You can stand in the current and fight, and eventually get swept away, or get on the raft and enjoy where it takes you. The decision is yours. You dont have control over anything else.

skyflyr69 said:
its called YOU voted to join AFA!!!!!!!!! Don't you people read the stuff before you vote? Perhaps you don't deserve the job in the first place for not READING!!!!!!!!

Don't like it quit the union or get your own.

Why did AWA go with AFA?????????????????????
[post="299295"][/post]​
So that's the explanation of fairness, okay. That's what I thought. DOH in this instance is indefensible.

Thank you for your deep insight.

DOH is the only fair way.

Giving someone seniority they did not accrue is unfair. DOH is fair, and has worked in every merger that is has been involved with.

Maybe we should just pull an AA job on HP and see how fair they think that is.

You people are getting ridiculous.....this is the way it works. It isn't fair for anyone to LOSE hard earned time they have put in working for any company...that's what AFA believes....why is that soo hard to understand! Yes, the US F/A's have a more senior work group but you cannot take away their seniority because they started their careers earlier than you did. Don't you think they've earned their seniority through hard work and dedication also! And now you want to take away some of that to make it more fair....please....if the shoe were on the other foot you would be screaming bloody murder! There are STILL going to be A LOT of AWA F/A's SENIOR to A LOT of US F/A's....it works out fine! This whole PHX thing is getting old......yeah I'm sure it would be nice for some of the West Coast commuters to be based in PHX and not have to commute to the East Coast but, I can honestly tell you, its not the MASS EXODUS that is talked about on these message boards! A lot of these West Coast commuters are doing Transatlantic trips out of PHL and CLT and TRUST ME ON THIS....THEY ARE NOT going to give those trips up to fly SWA style flights out of PHX.....it ain't going to happen! These SENIOR F/A's feel that these T/A trips are owed to them! :rolleyes:

Besides, there are record numbers fleeing the ship at US right now, with buyouts, early retirements, resignations, terminations, and yes there is still one more buyout coming our way the beginning of next year....which from what I'm hearing there are a lot of US F/A's that are waiting for that one!

Get your panties out of a wad, sit back on relax and enjoy your job......life's too short to STRESS out over all of this......it all comes out in the wash! B)

You say we aren't entitled to seniority we haven't earned. We HAVE earned it. The only difference is we earned it at HP instead of US. Once again....no one should profit in their seniority from this merger and no one should lose. Unless the fence is high enough to cover us until the US f/a's with 30+ years seniority retire, those of us at HP will definitley be on the "lose" end of this merger. We are only asking for what is fair. If you are in the top 25% of seniority at either airline, then after the merger that is where you should still sit, and the same for those in the second 25% and so on. NO ONE gains and NO ONE loses.

And, hulagirl...you DO NOT speak for the majority of HP f/a' s with your views...and those on the HP AFA website are not speaking for just a few of us.

hpflygirl said:
You say we aren't entitled to seniority we haven't earned. We HAVE earned it. The only difference is we earned it at HP instead of US. Once again....no one should profit in their seniority from this merger and no one should lose.

NO, you need to go back and read that again.....what was said is that NOBODY should lose any of their seniority( AWA or US) F/A's in this merger! That's the only fair way to play this thing out! You guys need to calm down, you are going to make this a bad merger between the two groups! Things aren't as bad as they are being portrayed.....I'm sure a lot of this is the fear of the unknown....but trust me on this IT'S NOT THAT BAD!

DOH is what it is. It was agreed upon by all carriers that chose it's "AFA" representation. Because HP wound up merging with a more senior carrier, now it's NOT ok? If a f/a at HP did not work for example 6 years, you don't get 6 years. If ANYONE at HP does not feel that DOH is fair then they should have voted against AFA representation. Whether anyone at either carrier or any carrier represented by AFA for that matter thinks of DOH as unfair should have voted for a different union to represent them. We at US are not asking for any seniority that we did not acrue. Because of either company's past or whatever, blah blah blah the f/a group on either side shall not suffer. We ALL agreed to DOH with AFA and the keyword here is "BEFORE" any of this merger business was announced with HP and US. I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that if HP were merging with a carrier with less seniority and AFA represented, this would be an issue today. If the HP f/a's are not happy with the DOH policy, a US f/a should not have to suffer for it. It's a sword that cuts both ways. I have said this before, be it redundent, I will say it again. I can't speak for all but most of us would prefer to do PHL to MAN, SNN, DUB, GLA, ROM, BCN, VCE, FRA, MUC, etc, etc rather than PHX to the other predominately small towns. Not that it's not nice flying but we like what we do. The FEW that would choose to go to PHX when available will be just that, FEW ! ! ! ! DOH was agreed by US and HP and that's what it shall be. WE ALL CHOSE IT.

I flew Trans Atlantic all summer and I made it a point to ask all the west coast commuters what there plans were when the fence came down in PHX. Not one person that I asked said they had any interest in transfering to PHX. I have to admit that I was surprised that I could not even find one that said they would like to go to PHX. They come in they fly 3 trips in a row and then they go home for 2 weeks. By the way almost all the west coast commuters fly trans atlantic. This is just a guess but I would bet money that they will open a LAX base after the merger is done. Think about it with an airline the size we are going to be together why have 6 bases on the east coast and only one in the west. If they open a LAX base i would bet that some of the commuters would fly hops just to stay home. But if your gonna commute from LAX to PHX you might as well go to PHL and have some fun in Europe.

Us/boston said:
I flew Trans Atlantic all summer and I made it a point to ask all the west coast commuters what there plans were when the fence came down in PHX. Not one person that I asked said they had any interest in transfering to PHX. I have to admit that I was surprised that I could not even find one that said they would like to go to PHX. They come in they fly 3 trips in a row and then they go home for 2 weeks. By the way almost all the west coast commuters fly trans atlantic. This is just a guess but I would bet money that they will open a LAX base after the merger is done. Think about it with an airline the size we are going to be together why have 6 bases on the east coast and only one in the west. If they open a LAX base i would bet that some of the commuters would fly hops just to stay home. But if your gonna commute from LAX to PHX you might as well go to PHL and have some fun in Europe.
[post="300166"][/post]​
Exactly!!! I flew mainly transatlantic flights from PHL this summer and asked the same question!
Most of these guys and girls are going to never transfer to PHX. They enjoy the pay of working INTL trips. One PHL FA that I fly with alot who LIVES in PHX wont even transfer to PHX. She refuses to fly up and down 5 times a day doing short haul flying.

Why waste time talking about what the top 1% will or won't do? Let's talk about the vacancy bid that comes about when PHX needs 30 F/A's for whatever reason (retirements, expansion). Let's talk about the PHL reserves that see a golden opportunity to hold a line in PHX so they grab the brass ring and smack the HP F/A's with it who were planning to improve their lot through the expansion in PHX. So if PHX expands, the US F/A's benefit. If PHL/CLT expands, the US F/A's benefit. Where is the benefit for HP F/A's? Oh, yeah in 10 or 15 years you'll be back to where you are today. That's inspiring.

US F/A's can b-slap the HP workforce because of their sheer numbers, but they do so at their own peril. Someday they may need unity and be fresh out.

700UW said:
Maybe we should just pull an AA job on HP and see how fair they think that is.
[post="299342"][/post]​
What "we"?

An integration plan that puts the viability of the merged company in jeopardy will not be tolerated. Sure Parker has no say in internal union workings, but he has alot of sway with the investors and if they think he doesn't like what he sees, you can be sure they won't put their money at unecessary risk.

"We" ain't just US. (Hey I should print up bumper stickers)

Parker cannot change AFA's policy of DOH, get use to it, because that is what is going to happen.

And Lakefield was just as responsible if not more on attracting investors, not just Parker.

And the money will be sent to US by the end of the month, way before any intergration has taken place.