How is it Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2002
Just a question. How, just because another competitor is speaking of bankruptcy could AA put all their successes in a coffee can and bury it in the backyard? Doesnt AA have tangible assets, ownership of planes, etc. I am sure there is some legal, big business loophole that is involved. I do understand AA''s logic though. Obviously, the cost of doing business is going to be much lower for United so it will be tough for AA to compete. Does this mean that LUV can do the same. Is the public going to go for this? Or do they even realize what is happening? This has got to be one of the most frustrating industries to work in. A day at work involves approaches in T-storms, signing off a 5th stage muffler bearing with your life, placing your self in harms way in the cabin at 35k, shipping haz mat legally, working on the ramp in haz conditions, dealing with rude customers, (I am sure I am leaving someone out, I apologize). Politics, money, unions, management, I don''t know of any other job where you can come home and read about the very job you hold day after day. What has to happen folks?
If you were King for a Day what would you do if anything to our industry?

Simply put, AMR's post-deregulation successes have established a cushion that allows the company time and resources to formulate a new way of doing business for the next 25 years. That said, the cushion will only last another 9-12 months; after that, AMR will be in the same situation that UAL is today, and without the possibility of an ATSB guarantee.

[P]avek00,[/P]
[P]Just curious. How did you come up with your hypothesis? [/P]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts